Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S AuruyirYour feedback matters!
My Mom is having leg joint pain from past one month, we did a checkup for her and was advised some tablets and a ointment, yet she's not recovered. Could u please advise me what would be the best treatment for her ? Thanks
Hi, I am 39 years old. I feel pain into my legs quite often, specially when I get up after sitting for long hours at the work place. I have a sedentary job (sitting in front of computer mostly). I got my Vitamin D tested and it came out < 8. After that I started taking Vitamin D supplements in terms of sachets (cholecalciferol) - almost 3 months. Although pain has subsided a bit, but still it happens at times. Please suggest what can be further course of action.
My back pains a lot I play Badminton a lot every day early morning please suggest me with a treatment.
I am 78, male, retired after 42 years of active work in shopfloor of an automobile industry and spent my last ten years in marketing. Had a very active life. Oflate (for last 6/7 weeks) I am having pain in my left leg calf muscle. This pain has now spread upto my hip .I am not able to walk even a minimum of 100 meters at one stretch, without sitting .This has spoiled my morning walk of 2 to 3 Km. I am not diabetic, BP is normal Can you suggest means to get over this pain in left leg. I am a pure Vegetarian.
Hi How the frozen shoulder should be treated for a person having age 45 years with no history of sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
I am 25 years old. I am facing a back pain as well as I am feeling very weak from last 3-4 weeks. What should I do to get rid of this problem?
Sir, I have slip disc since 2 years at L4-L5. Since march 2016, I am feeling little numbness in my left foot. As I am consulting with a doctor, according to him just take medicine and do exercise and it will improve. However he is also not sure. In recent diagnostics, it is found some problem with L5-S1 also. Since 20 days, I am feeling some numbness in my penis. I am worried whether it is due to slip disc. I am a 9 to 5 working guy. It is a sitting job. Generally I do not sit for long period of time which is upto 1 hour. Sir please suggest me what to do.
My mother having pain in whole body joints ,and the pain killer doesn't working well. What should I do?
Hi, I am 35 years old. I have back and knee pain. I tried different type of ointments and pain killers. But there was no effect. I have also itching problem. Please advise.
Hi. I'm 26 year's old, my question is-when I'm riding the bike minimum 20km in my back so much pain. My shoulder also pained. What I should do?
I start running 2 months ago. I run 3km. I also do exercise and stretching. After that also there is some pain in my lower calf. My friends told me that is due to either sole of shoes or due to because I run on road. please help me because it is intolerable. Also I never run before.
Enter question for you or someone else. For e. G.I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven’t got any relief. What should I do now?
Foot pain is often characterized by a feeling of pain in the feet. The symptoms of foot pain can be felt in the heel, instep, arches, toes and sole of the feet. Usually foot pain can be treated at home.
Foot pain can be caused by the following factors:
- It can occur from an injury
- Obesity often leads to too much weight pressure on the feet, thus causing pain
- Aging weakens the bones and muscles causing pain
- Too much physical activity within a short period of time
- Deformities in the foot
- Broken bones
- Arthritis and gout
- Stress fracture
- Nervous system damage
Various exercises that are used for treating pain in feet are:
- Plantar fascia stretch: The exercise requires you to sit down in a comfortable chair, and then roll the arch of your foot on a round object. Repeat this exercise for some time in all directions.
- Sitting plantar fascia stretch: You need to sit in a chair and then cross one of your feet over your knee. Take hold of your toes and pull them towards you till they are comfortably stretched.
- Towel pickup: Place a towel on the floor and place your feet on it. Scrunch your toes to pick the towel up and release.
- Wall push: You face a wall and lean by placing your palms on the wall. Then, keeping the back leg straight and bend the front knee towards the wall till you feel a comfortable pull on your calves.
- Achilles tendon stretch: Loop a towel on the ball of your feet and pull your toes. As you pull the towel, remember to keep your knees straight. Hold this position for at least 25 seconds and then release it. Do the same for the other foot and repeat 4 times.
All of the above exercises need to be performed regularly to get the full benefit of these stretches. You may also use comfortable footwear to prevent the pain from coming back. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.