Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. S ArunanYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am severe headache since 6 years.I consulted many doctors.Few prescribed me with pain killers but they didnot affected me. Than i consulted a neurologist he said i am having migraine and prescribed me with migraine medicines but even those medicines are ineffective. I have severe unexplained headache 24 hours a day. What should I do. Can this be tumour ? Should i get a mri done or a ct scan. Pls doctor pls help and suggest.
Hi, I m 21 years old having a problem in my back and it pains very badly and I am unable to sleep since 2 days. And I m not able to see the object which is far from my eye sight as human can see it properly.
My wife age 68 years undergone neurosurgery in 2007 for brain tumor. Slowly slowly she loosing physical existence and even can not grip pen for her signature. She is diabetic also. She is suffering from urine incontinence since last one year. She is using catheter since last six months as she can not control urination. Please advise continuation use of catheter may be harmful and may create some other problem in bladder or otherwise. Alsoplease/suggest/any/treatment/for/her/to/control/urine/incontinuation/at/this/stageoo.
She is suffering from paralysis since last 4 year and she is cured approx 80% but still her right leg not proper getting moment and cure she unable to stand up self. She walk using walker. I need help and suggestion what I do. How can she fully recover. Pl help.
I have hand shivering from childhood. I am really ashamed before other. Can you please tell me how it can stopped. Shivering is more if someone watches when I am doing some sensitive thing.
I am suffering from migraine headache since 3 years I want to know is there any suggestions for instant relaxation.
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition.
When I stand immidiatly numness occour in my left tigh so I want to know what is the reason, also suffring from acidity, every time I feel that I have to go for toilet, pls help me
My dad is 65 years old and he is suffering from parkinson's disease ,i have a doubt about this disease what is that, my dad always have pain in bones so that ,is it because of parkinson's disease and is it will affect on body bones?
I am suffering from severe headache continuously if I have incomplete sleep and am having migraine. So what should I do for this.
During night ,the hands are cramping becoming numbness why this is happening for my Aunt is there any solution for this condition.
Dear sir what is the symptom of paralysis. Why this paralysis come anytime to anyone. What is the bad effect of paralysis.
Tips for after injury
If you have sustained a soft tissue injury, we recommend you use the rice method – rest, ice, compression and elevation to aid your recovery:
- Rest is a key component to the body’s healing process, without it the injured area could become inflamed, more painful, or you could risk further injury
- Ice reduces inflammation and pain. To protect your skin we recommend that the ice be placed within a towel before wrapping around the injured area
- Compression helps reduce swelling and pain
- Elevation also helps reduce swelling by reducing blood flow to the affected area.
My hand shivers slightly when I leave it free in air without any support. What is the cause and remedy to get rid of it?
What are the symptoms for dengue fever? What are the symptoms for brain tumor? and some tips give me.
Menstrual Migraine can be termed as an extremely persistent headache that can happen just before, during or right after menstruation. Often, the feeling of nausea also keeps on lingering. The cause which triggers this type of migraine can be the fluctuating levels of oestrogen that a woman’s body experiences when she is on her periods.
What can be the possible treatment?
Application of ice pack or simply rubbing ice on your forehead can help lessen the pain a bit.
Relaxation exercises can be practiced to reduce the tension of the muscles.
Acupuncture therapy can also be done to improve the headache and it can further aid in relaxation of the muscles.
Over the counter painkillers such as ibuprofen or paracetamol can be taken for immediate relief.
Your doctor can also administer TRIPTAN (specific drugs used to treat the symptoms of migraine which work on the chemical receptors within the brain) if the pain is unbearable.
Do not experiment much with hormonal contraception methods after unsafe sexual intercourse. It just might worsen the pain.
NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) can also be administered, only if they have been prescribed by the doctor, as the harmful effects of those drugs are aplenty.
Magnesium deficiency in the body is one of the most important causes for menstrual migraines. Thus, eating foods rich in magnesium such as dark leafy greens, nuts, whole grains, avocados, bananas, etc. and taking magnesium supplements or vitamins are advisable.
- There are certain foods which can even trigger such attacks. They include foods packed with monosodium glutamate (MSG), aged cheese and caffeine. Such foods should be strictly avoided.