Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. S.A.MahadevanYour feedback matters!
I have erectile dysfunction problem and also could not hold long. Please help me. I am taking eltroxin100 for hypothyroidism and also taking MetXL25 tab. For premature ventricular complexes.
I had sex with my girlfriend and she took unwanted 72 within 20 hours, we had sex again after 24 hours of taking the contraceptive pill, so my question is that should she need to take another pill or the unwanted 72 given after the first intercourse is sufficient?
Everyone sweats when it?s hot outside, but people who have hyperhidrosis experience excessive sweating to the point that moisture may literally drip from their hands. Hyperhidrosis causes them to sweat profusely or when there's no reason to.
Normally, your sweat glands produce perspiration that?s carried to the skin?s surface when the air temperature rises, you develop a fever, you?re exercising, or you?re feeling anxious, nervous, or under stress. When those factors are no longer an issue, the nerves that signal sweating are put on hold.
For the 2%-3% of the population who have hyperhidrosis, however, the sweat glands don't shut off. They sweat even when the circumstances don?t call for it: when they?re in air conditioning, or while they?re sitting and watching television. Some people even tell their doctors that they sweat in a swimming pool.
The causes of hyperhidrosis depend on the type of sweating occurring. Most times, excessive sweating is harmless. In some cases, doctors don?t know why people sweat too much. In other cases, the causes of hyperhidrosis may be a medical condition that you don?t want to miss.
A number of medical conditions have the potential to cause hyperhidrosis. Some of them include:
Uncovering the underlying condition and getting the proper treatment for it will help decrease the sweating of secondary hyperhidrosis. That?s why it?s best to tell your doctor when you?re having a problem with sweating, so that you can uncover the reasons behind it and get it treated.
Hi doctors. I want to know how to improve my immunity against fever I catch it often. Suggest a diet.
Since from the beginning of our marriage my wife is not much interested in sex. I use to stay away as I have job. But when I go home I have so much feeling but she do not. What to do.
I am a diabetic patient. I also take medicines for blood pressure and cholesterol. Now a days when I get in to sex I am not getting strength on my penis. I am 51. Kindly suggest.
I urge to masturbate as there are heat generation in my abdomen top of penis also has burning sensation I also have uti.
I am a 55 years old (male). My problem is that the foreskin of my penis has started constricting. When I try and pull it back it hurts a lot. I am not circumcised and the connecting tissue that connects the foreskin with the penis head hurts. The skin has also started getting little cuts that sometimes bleed when I try to pull back the foreskin. What do I do and what are the reasons for this condition?
Eating healthy and maintaining a happy number on the weighing scale is stuff that dreams are made of - or so you thought! It is never too late to get on to the weight loss bandwagon in case you have a few extra pounds that you are not too proud of. But the concern is how to get rid of the pesky extra kilos in a smooth sailing and effortless manner?
Well, that's easy - take these diet ideas and lose weight effortlessly even as you eat healthy!
- Shop Right: Get nutrition right by first of all shopping right. When you fill your kitchen and pantry with healthy food, remember that good food choices will automatically follow you. So, ditch the packaged food and go for fresh ingredients that can help you cook up a storm even as you get aromatic and rich homemade flavours, right on your table. And remember there is nothing better than the satisfaction of a home cooked meal at the end of the day. Throw in some organic grains, put out the brown bread, and get yourself some fresh tasting ingredients to make a pasta sauce from scratch or prepare a salad dressing in a matter of minutes.
- Smaller Crockery: Are you guilty of overeating? The real culprit might just be your crockery - or rather, its size. Try taking on smaller portions with smaller bowls and plates. This will ensure that you take smaller heapfuls by default, and before you know it, your stomach will be full!
- Smaller Meals, Bigger Effect: You may have heard this being said many times, but it is true. The trick is to pace your metabolism and throw small quantities at it, so that it is easier to break the food down faster. Take at least five to six meals in a day and watch how soon your tummy starts to shape up and lose its flab.
- Mental Hunger: Hungry for a snack and ravenously so? Well, it may be time to tackle that pesky mental hunger. Begin by taking a few glasses of water and then give yourself a few nuts like almonds as well as some raisins. Keep these kinds of snacks handy so that you can pass your time when you are bored or even anxious, without overeating and putting on excessive kilos.
- Vegetables and Fruit: A good dose of fibre can help in tightening your contours because these digestive fibres are well known for flushing toxins out of your system and breaking down the food really fast!
So get on the effective diet bandwagon and banish those fad diets from your menu, today! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.