Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.A.JayakarpaulYour feedback matters!
Dear sir /mam Meri Age 27 year hai pr mera penis me eraction problem hai wo khud khud se erect nai ho rha hai kya kru please help me.
Sir. I am 23 years old and I am going to have first sex with my gf within a couple of weeks. Now I am worried about premature ejaculation. How to stop this and taking viagra can control this? Is it good for health.
I am 17 years old and from last 5 days the last small finger of my left started becoming swollen and its now too much paining me heavily if I touched that finger please help me.
I am having boil on my stomach area. M not sure if it a boil or not. Because I have experienced 3-4 of them in the past 2 weeks. Kindly guide me what should I do.
Hi I have always pain in my head. And sometime this pain very strong. I don't know what I do when my pain is growth.
Do Long term antiperspirant usage for hyperhidrosis causes risk of cancer? Please tell me Or this is myth?
When ever I travel in a bus I feel like headache and vomiting. I have to travel a lot in buses so please help me.
I'm feeling Vomiting and having loose motion 2-3 time a day. Also feeling fever and headache. What should I do?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am suffering frm cold fever right now. tonsil is getting red and bigger. Facing problem swallow anything. Feeling weak. Need some homeopathic suggestion. Plss help.
Testis latak gye h aur testis k andar kuch gila gila lgta h, I think it's hydrocrele aur testes ko waps sahi kese kre aur usee wapas apni jagh pe kese laye without surgery.
#Gastroenterologist. I have been prescribed some anti-biotic for a week in october last week. Since then I have been having frequent gas issues. I think my gut flora has been messed up. Please prescribe some suitable pro-biotic. And also on my left palm. A rash/allergy which started as red dots developed into a dry dark patch. Some say its blood contamination. Not sure though. Please help me. Regards.
Jaundice is a condition that results in excess of bilirubin in the blood. One of the first signs that become evident is the skin becomes yellowish in color. This article will reflect on the probable causes of jaundice and the way to detect them. While there are a lot of treatment options, the exact course of treatment depends on the underlying cause of the disease.
Causes of Jaundice:
Jaundice is the result of an underlying disorder that either cause overproduction of bilirubin or stops the liver from getting rid of it. In either case, the bilirubin gets deposited in the tissue. Some of the underlying causes of jaundice include the following:
- Liver inflammation: An acute inflammation of the liver can restrict the liver to conjugate resulting in accumulation of the bilirubin inside the liver.
- Inflammation of the bile duct: This is a serious condition that might result in non-secretion of the bile and failure to remove the bilirubin resulting in jaundice.
- Gilbert's syndrome: This is an inherited condition. It restricts the enzymes to excrete bile resulting in jaundice.
- Hemolytic anemia: This is a condition where a large amount of RBC is broken down resulting in an increased production of bilirubin. This lead to jaundice.
- Cholestasis: This is a condition that leads to an interruption of the flow of bile from the liver. As a result, the bilirubin gets accumulated in the liver resulting in jaundice.
- Dubin-Johnson syndrome: This is again an inherited condition that stops the bilirubin from draining out of the liver.
- Pseudojaundice: This is a harmless condition that might result in jaundice due to an excess of beta-carotene. People who tend to eat a lot of melon, carrot, and pumpkin have a high possibility of getting this type of jaundice.
- Crigler-Najjar syndrome: This is a genetic condition that impairs the ability of the tissue to excrete bilirubin from the liver resulting in jaundice.
Surgical Pathological Cause-
- CBD stone
- Periampullary carcinoma of pancreas
- Choledochal cyst
- Mirrizi syndrome
- Duodenal growth
How is it diagnosed?
- Urine Test: A urine test aims to measure the count of urobilinogen. The latter is produced when bacteria inside the body breaks the bile into smaller parts. A Higher count of urobilinogen certainly suggests the indication of Jaundice.
- Blood tests and Liver function: A liver function test can help a doctor diagnose certain liver ailment such as the cirrhosis, hepatitis and alcohol led diseases. Apart from these, the protein produced by liver and releases into the body tends to fall. A blood work will capture the reading and indicate towards jaundice.
- Imaging tests: Imaging tests are only required when post-hepatic or intra-hepatic jaundice is suspected. Some of the tests that are helpful include MRI, Ultrasound scan and CT scan.
- Liver Biopsy: A biopsy is recommended to witness the condition of the liver when the liver is affected by serious condition along with jaundice such as cirrhosis etc.
Sex is not only a physical need, sex is a great way to emotionally bond and get closer to your partner as well. Any dissatisfaction in the bedroom can affect other aspects of your life, and can lead to fights, squabbles and general unhappiness. The inability to orgasm can become a major bone of contention. There can be various reasons behind the inability to climax. Some of the common ones are detailed below:
1. Lack of stimulation
Studies show that only 25% of women reach climax during sexual intercourse. The remaining 75% of women require more stimulation, like fingers or even toys and tongues to reach orgasm. Amongst this is a subset of 10-15% of women who never reach orgasm. Thus, a large number of women require extra stimulation to achieve climax during sex. You must talk to your partner about putting in some extra effort and providing the extra stimulation you need to achieve climax.
Many men and women over-think their actions in bed. From their expressions to how they are reacting and how they are making their partner feel - everything is under constant scrutiny and revision. This leads to a lot of stress, which can hinder your ability to reach orgasm. You need to relax in the bedroom, because whatever you do will feel good in some way or another. Your anxieties can also distract you from what is going on, which means you don't get the chance to fully experience the pleasures of sex. If it helps, speak to your partner about your anxieties and tell them what you are stressing about during sex.
3. Differences between men and women
Men are visual creatures. This means that what they see turns them on. A woman's orgasm, on the other hand, happens in her head. Thus, men and women have different roots to their stimulation. Lack of an orgasm might mean either of these needs isn't being fulfilled. A great way to work around this and make sex more fun is to include a lot of foreplay in your love-making session. You can do this by trying out role-playing or using sex toys. Make sure to take it slow for a great build-up to your orgasm.
4. Performance issues
Porn has an impact on your sex life. It can increase your expectations to a considerable extent, which may not be fulfilled, thus hampering your experience in the bedroom. A lot of people become so focused on reproducing that experience that they forget that its real life. The focus on performance overwhelms their actual experience of sex, which results in an inability to reach orgasm. Try to accept the fact that you don't really have to perform for your partner. Your partner appreciates you for what you are, despite everything.
5. Mental blocks
A problem in the relationship, certain health conditions like depression, past trauma and negative social conditioning can all have negative impacts on your ability to orgasm. Talk to your partner about past trauma if you have any, and what your triggers are. Consider speaking to a sex therapist as mental health issues should never be neglected. Depression hits the libido hard, and the problem is only compounded by antidepressants. Negative social conditioning can only be helped by therapy, so try to reach out to a mental health professional.
Dear sir, I have a problem of having ejaculating very early. I think I have very sensitivity at private parts. I have tried to have my control but I can't control more than a minute. I also am aroused very quickly. I also have high uric acid. Is it a reason for quick release? please help.
She is suffering from uric acid level at 6.64 and sugar level of 140 at empty stomach .Is it required to take any medicine regularly or any special diet is required?
My mo and m suffering from diabetic since 21 years and she suffering from legs pain and proteins going out through urine.
Nightfall, also known as wet dreams is very common among men, chiefly in adolescents. This condition is marked by spontaneous ejaculation during sleep at night or in the early hours of dawn. The intensity of occurrence of these emissions varies from one person to another. This condition is mostly experienced in the teenage years and very few people suffer it throughout their lives.
Nightfall benefits the body in several ways. The ejaculation of seminal fluid through the genitalia prevents the accumulation of seminal fluid and helps in the formation of new healthy seminal fluid. This process also helps in improving metabolism. However, excessive emissions during the night can have negative effects such as weakening of body organs and a decrease in their efficiency. It can also lead to other sexual disorders such as infertility and reduced levels of libido.
Some of the chief causes of nightfall are:
- Weak nerves
- Excessive masturbation that weakens the nerves connecting the brain with the reproductive system
- Men who indulge in excessive sex may have frequent sexual thoughts that can lead to nightfall
- Excessive smoking and drinking are also a reason behind nightfall as it leads to nerve damage which is the primary cause of the condition
- Lack of physical exercise and lethargy can also be responsible for nightfall
Some of the common myths surrounding nightfall are:
- It is a rare condition
- Nightfall can lead to decreased sexual function
- Occurrence is only among young men who frequently masturbate
- Eating non-vegetarian food can worsen the condition
- Daily occurrence of nightfall can cause erection problems