Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rubi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RubiYour feedback matters!
Mam mujhe sirf 3 din periods hote h ye normal hai kya. Or mere periods age piche aate he matlab 21 ko aaye fir 20 ko ab 19 ko to ye normal hai kya.
Hi Doctor, I'm 30 years old. My parents insisting me to marry my Sister's daughter, actually my sister married to my mother's brother only. So both the sides blood relations. I'm worried about genetically problems will be faced by the babies. Both the sides we don't have family history of any serious illnesses. Still I'm unable to dare to marry in blood relation. Kindly suggest me.
I am suffering from pcod and ttc for 1 year. I also undergone hsg test and my results appears normal. This is my 4th ovulation induction treatment cycle and today is my 17th day with a follicle of 21 mm in left ovary and 37 mm in right with endometrial thickness of 7 mm.in first three cycles my gynecologist advised me to have a trigger shot every time when my follicle reach the appropriate size but today he advised me not to have trigger shot instead he advised me to have tab meprate bd for 3 days, cap codox I bd for 10 days and lyserforte td for 10 days. Plzz give me your valuable advise. Should I go for these medicines Orr not.
He has prostate 21g he is feeling good during time but night time he is feeling pain around the back what should he eat and drink and best medicine for to get rid of this pain.
Ascites refers to the accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity, which causes the abdomen to swell. The fluid retention can be caused by heart failure, liver cirrhosis, liver disease, kidney failure, or congestive heart failure. The disease does not have any symptom if it is in early stages but if it is moderate or advanced then the patient may experience specific symptoms such as abdominal heaviness and stiffness, bloating, shortness of breath, wheezing, edema of feet, and dilated veins.
Ascites can only be diagnosed through an ultrasound examination or blood or urine test and then the doctor prescribes medicines to cure the disease. There is a host of allopathic medicines to cure this liver disease but they are harsh and can also have side effects. In such a scenario, Ayurvedic medicines offer to be a better solution as they do not have side effects and also cure the disease completely, ensuring a permanent relief.
- Virechana: A part of panchakarma, virechana is a detoxification therapy that brings out the toxins accumulated in the body. It is highly effective in ascites (Jalodara) as it acts as a purgative therapy. In this therapy, the patient is made to consume purgative herbs after cleansing their system through vomiting. This induces excretion of toxins including the fluid retained in the abdominal cavity.
- Gokhru: Puncture spine or Gokhru can be very effective in ascites as it has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling of the abdomen. It also acts as a diuretic, increasing urine secretion from the body that helps flush out the toxic fluid accumulated in the abdominal cavity.
- Triphala: A mixture of bibhataki, haritaki, and amlaki, triphala is a very effective detox herb. It carries laxative properties and thus, helps to remove the fluid from the body. Gentle in nature, it also regulates the bowel movement and relaxes the liver muscles.
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa): This herb is very effective in controlling the swelling and fluid retention in the abdomen. It possesses anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties which relax the liver walls and also flush out toxins from the abdominal cavity by increasing the flow of urine in the body.
- Shilajit: An energetic and nutritive Ayurvedic medicine, it is very helpful in restoring the immunity of the body. It checks for fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity. It is very effective in those patients who feel fatigue or weakness due to ascites. It gives relief in bloating too.
Ascites is a painful liver disease that can hamper the life of the patient to a large extent. So, its timely diagnosis and treatment are necessary. If the patient decides to go for Ayurvedic remedies, then it is advised that they consult a certified Ayurveda practitioner. A certified practitioner will do accurate diagnosis and prescribe the best remedy to cure the disease. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Meri age 20 sal hai maine 8 march ko 10: 30 bje sex kiya condem fat jane ke wajeh se sperm under chala gya phir main 9/03/2018 ko raat unwanted 72 tablet use kiya mai pregnanat nhi hona chahti kya pregnancy ke chances hai.
My gf had taken abortion pills last month on 16th. Then bleeding lasted for 8 days. But in this month her periods have not come yet. She has also taken pregnancy test and it's negative. From last 3-4 days she has some white discharge from her vagina which is not thick and does not have any smell. Is it normal to have white discharge or is it a sign of pregnancy or infection. What steps should we take.
Dementia cannot be singularly regarded as a specific disease, but rather indicates a group of symptoms associated with your memory, cognitive thinking, and social abilities, up to the point where daily functioning gets affected. In most cases, dementia steadily worsens over time (progressive dementias). Dementia is not to be confused with memory loss alone; because it is natural with old people to experience memory loss, but that does not necessarily mean they have dementia. If the reason is dementia, then you may require medical treatment.
Dementias are generally caused either by damage to or changes in the nerve cells operating in the brain. The causes can be grouped differently based on the type of dementia experienced and the part of the brain affected. While some causes can be reversed with effective treatment, others, unfortunately, cannot.
The most common causes of dementia which cannot be reversed include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Dementia with Lewy (dementia which is neurodegenerative and progressive in nature) bodies
- Severe head injuries
Other irreversible causes which are relatively rarer than usual include:
- Huntington's disease (breakage of the brain's nerve cells)
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (irreversible and fatal brain disease)
- Multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Infections like syphilis
- Leukoencephalopathies (diseases affecting the brain's'white' areas)
- Brain injuries
- Multiple system atrophy
Causes of dementia which can be treated include:
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Certain brain tumors
- Chronic alcoholism
- Vitamin b12 deficiency
- Medicinal side effects or abnormal drug reactions
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Certain cases of encephalitis
Symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty finding the right words
- Difficulty exercising judgments, especially during emergencies
- Inability to recall particular events or to recognize people and places
- Depression or other mood disorders, in addition to symptoms like uncontrolled aggression or constant agitation.