Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RoyYour feedback matters!
I am having itching in my underarms can you please tell me medicine for it as it is very irritating and even I have black under arms too Please reply soon.
I want to go for skin whitening treatment which is best and from where I can get the treatment and what will be the cost?
Hi Doctor, I am 22 years old boy I am looking much elder than my real age. Also my skin is oily so one my friend recommended me to use sunscreen and taking omega-3 supplements. Can you please tell me, which sunscreen can I use? Would it be beneficial to take omega-3 supplements? please answer my two questions.
I have a serious issue with my hair fall and skin. My skin is getting dark and hairs are falling often. I'm really tired and sick of this, please if you have any solution to prevent these.
70% of our body is made up of water. This clear fluid is essential not only for a good digestive system, but also for clear, glowing skin. Keeping your skin hydrated by drinking enough water can help prevent a number of skin conditions ranging from acne to dry skin.
- Ideally, a person should drink 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. Since the skin is the last organ to receive water from the digestive system, drinking less water will lead to your skin being dehydrated. These 10 glasses of water should be spaced out evenly through the day. This is because the body can absorb a limited amount of water at a time.
- The skin is the largest organ in the human body and is made up of cells and tissues. Like any other cell in the human body, skin cells primarily consist of water. If not hydrated enough these cells will not be able to function optimally. This makes the skin lose its elasticity and turn dry and flaky. Dry skin is more prone to fine lines, wrinkles and other such signs of ageing.
- Hydrated skin is firm and elastic and thus is less likely to have open pores. The lesser the number of open pores, the fewer the irritants that will enter the skin and hence the lower your chance of having pimples and blemishes.
- Water also balances the oil levels in the skin. Too little oil can make the skin dry while too much oil can cover the skin in a layer and lead to clogged pores. Water helps reduce the concentration of oil in the skin and hence helps prevent breakouts.
- The food you eat and your digestive health also plays an important role in your skin’s health. Water helps the digestive system move smoothly and flushes out toxins from the body. This keeps irritants that could cause skin ailments at bay.
- Water also affects the quality and lustre of your hair. Hair soaks up water and moisture from its roots. If not kept hydrated, hair becomes brittle and dry. Lack of water can also affect the rate of hair growth. Drinking enough water is also beneficial in fighting against dandruff and Dermatitis Seborrhea.
Along with keeping your skin hydrated by drinking water, it is also important to hydrate the skin externally. For this, moisturising your skin is crucial. Pick a moisturiser that matches your skin type and see your skin glow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
There are no lumps on my breasts but they are sagging with wrinkles and tiny pores ,there is pain in my left chest since 1 week, is it breast cancer.
As time passes in the mundane chores of our everyday life, the more we grow old. This is one truth of our lives is something that can never be altered. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. There are a lot of anti-aging creams in the market, but instead of going through the tedious process of applying them over and over to get satisfying results, an inclusion of natural herbs and spices in your daily diet will not only reduce the signs of aging from your body but also make you feel and look younger.
Advantages of herbs and spices
Most of the herbs and spices contain a healthy amount of antioxidants, minerals and multivitamins, which help improve blood cholesterol levels and the regulation of the blood glucose level. Not to forget that the addition of a suitable amount of herbs and spices in your regular diet increases the taste quotient of even a bland meal. The herbs and spices that really work well as anti-aging agents are as follows:
- Basil: It contains a healthy amount of flavonoids which prevents the body cells from significant damage due to oxidation and strengthens the immune system in general thus, making you feel and look younger.
- Cardamom and mint leaves: This particular spice and herb are particularly useful to relieve your body from any symptoms of indigestion. It also helps in the detoxification of the body.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps to control the blood sugar level of the body and also helps to protect the body from obesity.
- Cloves: Cloves helps to initiate better digestion with the help of the anti-inflammatory properties within the herb. This will help keep the digestion problems at bay and thus act as an anti-aging agent
- Ginger: Ginger helps to prevent migraines, provide relief from rheumatoid arthritis and the treatment of indigestion and inflammation. This will also help relieve skin inflammation which is where many of the skin disorders may make you look old.
- Turmeric: A pinch of turmeric in your daily main course can reduce chances of deadly disease like arthritis, asthma, gall bladder disorders and lung cancer. Garlic helps in the activation of liver enzymes which eliminates the toxins from the body.
- Parsley: Parsley contains a rich amount of iron and a regular intake might help in the cleansing of the blood. This will help remove blemishes and thus make your skin look younger.
- Bay leaves and saffron: A regular but limited intake of bay leaves and saffron provides you with a calm and serene temperament. This can lower stress and stop many of the harmful effects, such as aging related problems.
- Cumin: Cumin also contains a lot of iron which helps boost the digestive system and thus keeps your body functioning properly acting as an anti aging ingredient.
I am 28 year old I have dark circles and dark patches on my fore head like tanning and my skin is oily which creams are better for me.
Is using FAIZA pakistani cream good or bad for skin? Will it cause skin cancer later? I want to become white skin. Which care should I take?
I have fair brown skin on my rest of the body but my face looks black, it's very dark compared to other body. Can you consult me on this?
Dear sir I am have doubt about how to gain the weight and how to reduce the dark spots to my face and how to become the a fair person and I hope you reply the answer to my questions thank you.
I am 20 years old and my problem is that during childhood my left side face is colloid with wall and one spot is occur so now please suggest me how to omit this spot.
I am having some pimple on forehead of my penis. It's itching. And comes back again ana again I took consultant for skin doctor ans he gave metrogyl gel 2 % with 1 more cream. That time it cured but after 20 days it again came. So I took this gel again. I applied this but I have to use it regularly. But it does not go completely. Kindly help me with some better medicine with the help of which it will cure completely.
I was living in bhubaneswar from past 4 years but due to my job I moved to Ahmedabad last month and the weather of Ahmedabad is very hot and being a sales executive I have to go all day under the sun and my complexion is getting darker and darker .plz suggest any natural way to get back my original complexion.
Adopt these 5 all-natural remedies to revitalize your complexion
1. Oatmeal/cucumber mask
Natural face masks can do wonders for your skin as the essential vitamins and minerals can be directly absorbed instead of absorption from food you eat. Using an oatmeal or cucumber mask every week or twice a week will give immediate relief to your skin and will provide it with a rejuvenating glow.
2. Natural soaps and body wash
Soap is an alkaline product and the human skin is acidic in nature. As a result, prolonged use of conventional soaps can result in dry, stiff and rough skin. Take time out and look for products which are majorly constituted of natural ingredients and are thus gentle on the skin, maintaining its moisture and natural sheen.
3. Vitamin-c face pack
Vitamin-c stimulates the production of collagen in the body which is responsible for the elasticity and glow of your skin. Oral vitamin-c supplements are not effective for skin health and thus it should directly be applied on the skin. Ingredients such as rosewater or rose petals are good sources of vitamin-c and can be easily used to make an all-natural paste for your skin.
4. Sunscreen consisting of natural ingredients
A number of sunscreens are available in the market which consist of natural ingredients and have minimal chemical contamination. Choose the right product based on your skin tone and skin type.
5. Natural moisturizers
Keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized on a regular basis is the best way to ensure that it remains youthful and healthy. Avoid products containing harmful additives and use natural products such as yogurt, tomato paste etc. Also, while picking a moisturizer, make sure that it consists majorly of natural ingredients.