Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roshan Rayen
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Roshan RayenYour feedback matters!
Very skillful dentist. After the complete rehabilitation of the pediatric cases done in our hospital patients overall health and appetite has improved.
My name is Philip and I have a history of visiting dentists. During the last visit I was suggested by the dentist to wear braces for crowded teeth. It also requires removal of my wisdom teeth as per the suggestion. Due to a certain tension I am not able to take a necessary decision. I am aged 24 and I want to know whats the next best decision that I should be taking.
Sir I completed my root canal 2 nd sitting treatment on today while eating food suddenly my teeth become to crack so what I have to do reply me sir plz.
Sir, my age is only 18 and my hair is becoming white almost what I have to do, my teeth is become yellow even after proper brushing what I have to do now.
HI, I want to ask about tooth I have cleaned my tooth by the doctor so I want to ask about medicine.
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums.