Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roshan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RoshanYour feedback matters!
Doctor advised to take novamox because there is pain in my teeth and they suggest to remove teeth but I do not remember that novamox is to take before or after removal of teeth.
I have a problem in teeth in inner cavity it was so pain while eating so can you help from this problem.
Sir, I am 23 year old male. My one of upper front teeth is moved just 90' in childhood. It is very embracing me. Can I change this permanently. Will it be helpful. Please.
I am having problem in my teeth. It started paining while having meal. But it doesn't causes any pain when not used. Also I can't feel any taste in my mouth of food. So is there Amy relation between teeth problem and food not being able to taste? Thank you!
I have removed my right side wisdom teeth 3 weeks before. Now I am feeling pain while opening mouth widely.
My teeth have suddenly become very sensitive. What might be the reason? Very difficult to eat hot or cold items. Mostly the molar teeth region.
Wisdom teeth are known to be the final molars to grow out and they complete the set of permanent teeth. They generally start to erupt during the late teens or in the beginning of twenties.
In case of some people, there is a possibility that the wisdom teeth may never erupt, while others may even grow four and more wisdom teeth.
It’s not necessary for you to get your wisdom teeth removed if they are correctly positioned in your mouth and do not cause any pain or dental problems. If they are impacted and/or cause crowding in your teeth, a dentist will recommend that you have them removed. There are two ways wisdom teeth may grow.
- Some will grow in like regular teeth.
- Some will become impacted.
What if they have grown in and don’t hurt?
If this is the case, the decision is up to you. Wisdom teeth that cause minimal crowding and don’t hurt are fine to keep, but a lot of dentists will recommend that they be removed. Why? They are very susceptible to cavities and are not easily cleansable. If your wisdom teeth have cavities and you cannot clean them due to their location, filling the cavities is unwise because you’ll continue to develop more cavities. The easiest way to avoid this problem is to remove the wisdom teeth altogether.
Some reasons that a dentist would recommend wisdom teeth removal include:
- Irritation of the surrounding tissue or the signs of a cavity forming.
- Inability to achieve a proper and thorough routine cleaning of food and bacteria.
- Inadequate space to accommodate full eruption.
- Signs of impaction that could lead to damage of surrounding roots.
- Uncomfortable contact with other teeth or gums.
- Interference of normal jaw function.
When do wisdom teeth need extraction?
Proper oral care of the teeth will keep them healthy and clean. But there may arise a situation, in which the removal of the wisdom teeth is quite necessary:
- In certain cases, the wisdom tooth may erupt at a weird angle, compromising the teeth next to it. This may make it difficult to clean the teeth thoroughly, thus resulting in the onset of bacterial growth and periodontal disease. In this case, the wisdom teeth should be removed as soon as possible.
- While the wisdom teeth grows out, it may happen that there is not enough space for it to grow properly. As a result the adjacent teeth may face pressure due to crowded teeth, leading to headaches, toothaches and jaw pain. It is best that the wisdom teeth is extracted in this situation.
- An impacted wisdom tooth, that is, if it has only partially grown out of the tissue, should also be extracted before it can cause serious complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.