Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RoshanYour feedback matters!
I eat gutkha and now I have stopped eating. I can't open my mouth is there any medicine or exercise so that it can help me to open my mouth again.
My teeth became yellow, and weak. I use many home remedy but noon useful. Please tell me what I do for white teeth. Please doctor.
I'm 16 yr old & I has a bad impression on my teeth myself. My gums is very weak & when I eat apple r guava then I have a little bit blood bleading. Even when I touch it, then blood starts it flow. So please help me to get good & strong teeth (white)
Hi I am having a sensitive teeth from past two years. I am using sensodynte repair & protect from past 2 years no issues till last month but this month I am experiencing sensitivity & pain which is increasing exponentially day by day what treatment shld I go for? what may be the average expenses for this treatment.
I am frequently getting ulcers in my mouth at the same particular area where I have a sharp tooth. My tongue got rubbed or not I am not sure but tongue got hurt & I couldn't eat food its burning if I eat.
I am 20 years old female and I want to know how I can get rid of yellow or dirty teeth color Please suggest me home remedy for the same as I don't want to go for any therapy for that.
I have gap in my teeth. As I had rct in one teeth previously and have cap on it can I go for braces or not. Are dental crowns good option.
What must be done if, some one has burning sensation in tongue? And feeling like ulcers? Can constipation cause the infection? As thecolour of the tongue has changed to brick red and there is pain in swallowing.
I have been getting bloods and pus from my gums since last 3-4 days because of a new tooth and its very painful. Please suggest some medicines to get rid of it.
Hiii Doctor, I am 25 Year Man, I have a problem in my teeth, I am facing problem in upper line of teeth, where blood release from teeth, when I gargle, I find some blood contain in water, there are little difference between teeth, some time I feel some bad smell from teeth, so how can I resolve this problem.
My mother is suffering from mouth sore badly, she is not able to open her mouth and eat food. She is having Gfolvin lb and opox 200 and candid mouth pain but it didn't relief.
Sir I am 29 years male since birth I had difficulty in speaking because of tongue tie. In the year 2008 an ENT specialist cut it but still my tongue is short and thick and I have to be very carefully while speaking. Is there any treatment for it .plz help me.
Sir, early morning some some smell coming mouth before brushing? This is common problem or not? How to overcome this problem? I am trying mouth wash twice a day, no use? Please tell me some useful tip?
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.