Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Roopasree B.VYour feedback matters!
Hi. I wear prescription glasses of power 1.5 shortsighted. I have noticed that one of my eye lid drops lower than the other although it doesn't affect my vision it's starting to scare me . Does this show any underlying problem? What can I do to correct this. Please help.
I have specs from last 5 years. I get irritated after wearing specs. Always I feel that my eyes are wet but not watering. Always I get dirt from my eyes that is transparent in colour. What should I do please help me.
Sir I have squint problem with lazy eye. Dr. told me there is no chance to get back vision because I am 20 year old and you have to live with it .it has no solution but you can go for surgery bt if I go for surgery I want to ask you how long it will work.
Is it possible to overcome the number of eye glass or spect? My spect number is +0.75 I am 20 year old now.
My eyes are damping with dark circles around my eye. It seems like my eyes are to some extent inside my face? I we watch computer a lot and although I sleep for 7-8 hours, I do sleep and break type sleep. Can I get my back my eyes as if they are normal if yes, then how?
I always imagine that I would be film star or a cricketer hitting only sixes in a stadiam and all are watching me. Sometimes I just imagine an extraordinary personality that I can never be in real life for showing my ability that is not in me really. People say that I smiles while walking on the road. I smiles really anywhere while imagining. Is it a mental disease? Am I going to be mad? Please help me.
I have suffer from red eyed infection with slimy discharge from four days, is this conjunctivitis What is harms & cause of this infection, please tell me?
I have always pain in my mind and I have always pain in my eyes please hepl me to solve this pain please give me some advice.
I am getting itching just below my left eye, that part became so rough and also have small size raw pimples on upper part of the body. Please suggest some medications.
What are the natural remedy for short sightedness? What should I do to improve my vision? Please tell me.
Sir, I am professional footballer. But my eyesight has gone weak -3.5 on both for which I have to concentrate extra on the game while playing. Is there any kind of specks or treatment which would help?
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.