Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
I am suffering from Cold, sneezing, Nose Running since last Month, which is not getting well. I was also having Throat infection since last 3-4 month time, which is not getting corrected after taking Antibiotics. Main problem is on Upper palate. Found rough surface, Dryness, sometime swelling in Vocal gland, difficulty in speech, sticky cough, Nose running immediately after getting out of bed in Morning. I had tried several Homeopath Medicine. Aconite, Hepar Sulph. belladonna, Lycopodium, Staphesagria, Lachesis. But its not getting well. Habit: Smoking: Daily 01 cigarette allergy: Dust, Smoke Kindly advise suitable medicine either Allopathic or Homeopathic.
Doctor I am a teacher I have sour throat and change voice. Every 1 year any body suggest good medicine for me to cure sour throat and bring my original voice. Kindly give my good medicine doctor as soon as possible. Thanks. & Regards Hussain.
I have sinusitis and have been diagnosed with a problem of bronchial asthma. Though I am not regularly sick but I have block nose, heavy head with little wheezing some times. Please advise. Thanks
My dad is 60 year old. He has giddiness from last one month. His blood pressure is fluctuating every day. Today his blood pressure is 140/90. He was suggested to take infection tablets and cold tablets. Can you tell me the exact reason..
Throat irritation and cough making worse when exposed to outside atmosphere and more speech.Please suggest me something.Post nasal drip exits with white spuctum
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.