Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Romala Boaz
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Romala BoazYour feedback matters!
Hello everyone, myself, Dr Honey Gupta I practice in Faridabad. I am ENT specialist, ENT is the is the branch which is for Otolaryngology it covers ear, nose, throat as well as the structure of head and neck, letsamanicular gland, parotid gland thyroid, neck roots etc. Today we are not going just to do one topic we still are discussing do's and don'ts for the ENT. What should be done for the routine care of ear, nose, throat as you all know ear is a very vital structure, it is a vital structure not only just for hearing purpose but also it is very important as it plays an important part in balancing our body, we cannot even stand or walk without the help of ears. So how should we take care of our ears, it is a very common question how should we clean our ears in a routinely actually routine ear cleaning is not required there is an automatic self-cleaning mechanism in our ear for cleaning. We should avoid overuse or excessive use of earbuds as it mainly injurious to our ears. Many time patients come with the bleeding, swelling or trump trauma or sentence hearing loss because of use of earbuds, so avoid using earbuds and any sharp object inside the ear and it is also important to know that you should avoid water in our ears as water moisture inside the ear make a rise to various infections and ear discharge. So while swimming we should use earplugs and during bathing also we can use earplugs or cotton buds and in case of any hearing loss or any sudden hearing loss, we should seek for an immediate medical help as the time left is very critical. And today is the era of mobile phones, there is a radiation comes from the mobile as we all know we should keep mobile at a little distance from the ear while talking and we should avoid long talks over the mobile, never use headphones as the loud noise for a long time as it may cause hearing loss. And for the nose, as we all know it is very important for the smell function, it is important sense organs, it also filters the air which we taking during the breathing, we should not pluck our nasal hair as it may cause infections which can be very dangerous at the time. And we should also avoid nasal packing as it is the commonest cause of nasal bleeding and we should not keep our cough and cold untreated for a long time as it may give rise to various complications like ear discharge, SOM, CSOM, sometimes it may cause sinusitis, asthma etc. So get your cough and cough treated early and the further throat, we should maintain our oral hygiene as we all know we should brush twice but avoid vigorous gargling and also never put your fingers too deep in your throat and we should use a voice very properly not use loud voice or continuous voice for a long time as it may care cause hoarseness in our voice. In case of any problem always seek for the medical advice never used over conquering drugs as it may cause various dangers or various problems. It is like experimenting with your own body without knowing the outcome, so in case of any query always feel free to ask and that's all.
Thank you and have a nice day.
I am 20yrs old. And I gets cold and throat infection every year during monsoon and winter. Is it Normal.
I have been diagnosed with a medium sized vestibular Schawanoma inside my right ear. I have symptoms of tinnitus & mild sensory neural hearing loss since 5 months. I also consulted a Neurosurgeon at cmc Vellore hospital. They told that there are 3 methods of its treatment. 1) Wait & watch,(2) Surgery,(3) Radiosurgery. Since surgery seems to be risky, so I wanted to go with the 1st option of wait & watch. But during this watching period I thought of going with Ayurvedic treatment. So please suggest if there is any ayurvedic medicine to shrink the size of this tumor (schwannoma). Thanks!
I am having pain in my throat for last few days I can't able to speak clearly my words are getting cracked in middle I don't know why it is happening my voice was gone there is any reason for that? Please advise.
Remember how Shrek literally pulled out a candle from his ear for the dinner table? Ever tried doing it yourself? Well, the stuff in your ears may be called wax, but it can’t really be used to make a candle. However, it certainly can signify a lot about your health. Though the idea of discussing earwax is rather disgusting, it actually plays a pivotal role in keeping your ears healthy and functioning. Earwax protects your eardrums by barring the entry of insects, fungi, bacteria, dust and bacteria. In clinical terms, earwax is also known as cerumen.
Studies indicate that children typically produce more earwax than adults. The earwax in your ear is a combination of alcohol, shed layers of the ear, unsaturated and saturated long-chain fatty acids and squalene. In order to clean earwax, you should not insert objects too deep in your ear, instead, you can just wipe it off with a cotton swab. The color and texture of the earwax removed can actually indicate your overall health condition, stress level, genetic ancestry, etc.
Know what your earwax color says about your health
- Pale yellow to yellow earwax: It is the most common type of earwax and indicates overall good health. Children typically produce soft, pale yellow earwax and in case of adults, the color should remain the same, but the texture tends to be sticky.
- Wet vs. dry earwax: Wet and dry are the genetically determined earwax types, wherein, the 'wet type' is dominant and the 'dry type' is recessive. A research, conducted on Biologic variation in health and illness: race, age, and sex differences (1985) by Overfield, Theresa, established that dry-type earwax indicates East Asian and Native American ancestry, while wet-type indicates African and European.
- Thick, dark and black colored earwax: The production of earwax is also influenced by your stress level i.e. when you are stressed out, the glands that are responsible for the production of earwax work overtime and produce excess amount of earwax. As this earwax collects, it can turn thicker and darker thus, this type of earwax is a sign of increased stress level. And, black colored earwax indicates that it has been accumulating in your ears for quite some time and has not been cleaned. To avoid this, it is essential to clean your ears from time to time and in the right way.
- Dry, gray earwax: The gray color of the wax is an indication of dust build-up and must be cleaned properly at regular intervals. However, if your earwax suddenly seems dry and brittle, it could be the sign of a skin infection. Dry earwax accompanied by itchiness in the ear is usually a sign of eczema.
- Bloody earwax: Blood in the earwax should never be ignored. This could be caused by an ear infection or can be a sign of ruptured eardrum and you must consult your doctor immediately.
Thus it is important that you take proper care of your ears so as to ensure that your hearing is maintained and although earwax protects your ears against infections and problems, it must be cleaned from time to time. It is advisable that you get your ears cleaned professionally, in case you are suffering from certain ailments such as Diabetes.