Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RobertYour feedback matters!
Kal se meri 7 mahine ke baby ko bukhar huva hai, davai laya hu lekin bukhaar chadh uttar kar raha hai to kya koi serious problem hai ki aesa hota hai?
My nine year old boy weighs about 27kg and he looks very slim. Even after having balanced diet he is not gaining please help me specially any nutritionist or dietician. He is bit hyperactive and dont like resting. He is too active.
Sir my son is one and half year old but he don't intake milk a single ml. He only drinks milk from bootle when he is in deep sleep otherwise he refuses to take milk. I had tried many flovours in milk nt he refuses just by seeing n drinking it. Please help me I am much worried about his deficiency for calcium.
Diabetes is something which has become so common over the past few decades and this is said to be a cause of worry as most people don't understand how to prevent and manage it. This has led to some myths, gaining more than their fair share of popularity. So, wouldn’t it be a good idea to get to know a little more so as to separate the myths from the facts?
- Weight & watch: One of the most common myths when it comes to diabetes is the belief that a person is going to have his or her life adversely affected if he or she is overweight. While it is true that being overweight happens to be one of the risk factors related to diabetes, it is important to keep in mind the fact that there are other risk factors which are responsible, as well. Some of these factors are age and family history, as well as the ethnicity of the person. Taking this into account, it should not come as too much of a surprise to know that there are quite a few people who are not overweight, but are still fighting diabetes.
- Packaged tricks: Considering the rise in the number of people who are suffering from diabetes, this has led to food being marketed specifically for their consumption. However, in reality, whatever represents a healthy diet is sufficient for a person who is diabetic. So a diet which does not have a high amount of saturated fats and trans fats and does not go overboard with starch and sugar, but features a fair amount of lean protein works well too. All the fancy diabetic food, which a person buys, is only likely to drive a great hole in the wallet and not have any additional health benefits. Therefore, the extra spending is nowhere close to being worthwhile and should be avoided.
- Fruits punch: Many people are of the opinion that it is the processed and sugary food items, which cause diabetes and this is true to a significant extent. However, some people are of the view that since fruit is natural, diabetics can eat as much of it as they like. This is where the thinking gets dangerous. Some fruits are rich in carbohydrates and so it should be consumed in a reasonable quantity, as part of the daily meal plan. After all, too much of any good thing is bad! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
I have 8 months male child he suffered from digestive problem if he drink milk vomit just a minute and loose motion. What solution the problem?
Hi My baby is 25 days old .I have lack of breast milk so I give him a formula milk by adding 3 bottles of distil water n 30 gm of formula milk powder. But problem is that many times these distil water bottles are not readily available near by my area so how to prepare formula milk at home by using filter water. May I give cow milk to baby. Is it good for his health. Pls guide. I'm very tensed about my baby feed.
Hi, My daughter is grinding her teeth during sleep. She also sleeps with her eyes half closed. The problem is only increasing and more noticeable now. She has also started taking fingers in her mouth. Is this behaviour normal? What could be the reason? Please suggest a remedy. Thanks, Nawaz.
My son is 5 year's old he is often infected (viral) and complains of stomach pain regularly. Recent ultrasound confirms mesentronic lymph nodes between 6 mm to 12 mm on short axis in abdomen. Please advice me.
MY Son is 3 years old. Some docs say he is asthmatic, some say he has adenoids, some say he is allergic to weather and pollution, with the change of weather he always get cough and cold, that is so sever that I have to nebulize him with budesal, syrup levolin and an antibiotic. Sir, I want to know how long it will go, when can my son be alright.
My son is 1 year old and his teeth started growing from the 5th month itself, now he has 8 tooth (4 on top and 4 on below) and the 4 on top started decaying its is become very difficult to breast feed him as his tooth stated hurting the mother. What should I do?
Sir, my daughter aged 5, taking Dr. Mercola multivitamin for children, which contains 2000 iu of vitamin d3, is it safe for my daughter, as she is india, Dr. Mercola says it is safe, please guide me. Thanks.
My 2.5 years old daughter suffering from Hydrocephalus. She treated with VP shunt at her age was 9 Months. But Now her head size is still bigger than normal. & Still She cannot sit herself properly & cannot stand. Her intelligency is also poor. So, Please suggest me what can I do for her for his best recovery.
My son is 15 months old and he is suffering from cold frequently. He can't able to breathe also I have consulted many doctors but there is no change suggest me opinion how should I treat my son.
Hi doc, my son is 1 year 4 months old. My question is regarding avg sleep hours for this age babies. He hardly sleeps 9 hours in night and in between also wakes up in crying mood. Can you please give me some info on this so that I can come over my worry?
I removed my sons's one tooth by dentist from root. He is 12 yrs old. What I need to do for his new teeth grow.
she is a very good friend of mine and she is a widow. She has two baby girls one is around 6 years and the other one is around 5 yrs. The problem is she was married to a very wonderful and caring guy who belongs to a rural belt of UP but was settled in Mumbai for his job. When the first baby came he had all her check ups and polio vaccine done on time. He expired when the first baby was abt two and half years old and exactly at that tym she was again pregnant for seven months. You can understand the situation. She gave birth to another beautiful baby girl after two months in her mother's place till then all the check ups and polio vaccine are given to both the baby girls. After she returned to her in-laws place all went wrong. You can understand wat happens when a widow woman stays at her in-laws place. All other medications, check ups and even the polio vaccine were discontinued. She returned to her mother's place after 3 years cutting off all relations wid her in laws. Now the elder girl is of 6-7 years and the younger one is 4+ yrs. I just want to know that is there any possibility of completing the polio courses now. please help. The DOB of the elder daughter- 27/10/2010 The DOB of the younger daughter- 26/10/2012.
Necrotizing enterocolitis is a disease that causes inflammation of the tissues present in the intestines and results in damaged tissues. It initially affects the inner lining which ultimately results in thickening of the intestine. It may also lead to a hole in the abdomen resulting in bacteria entering the intestine, thus resulting in infection.
The symptoms of Necrotizing enterocolitis are:
- You may experience symptoms of bloating in the abdomen
- The abdomen may be discolored
- You may experience diarrhea and vomiting
- You may not feel hungry
- There may be presence of blood in your stool
- You may have a fever and constantly feel lethargic
Causes: Lack of blood and oxygen in the intestine causes it to become weak and increases the chances of Necrotizing enterocolitis. It may result if oxygen levels drop during a difficult delivery. If the intestines are weak, then they are at a higher risk of getting infected by bacteria. If you have an excessive supply of blood cells in your body or other stomach condition, then it may lead to this disease.
Diagnosis: Usually the doctor conducts a physical exam to detect the symptoms of this disease. If babies are born with this condition, then they may suffer from weak immune system and problems in blood circulation. The doctor may also recommend x-rays to get detailed images of the intestine in order to probe for symptoms of inflammation and damage.
The treatment of the disease depends on few factors such as:
- The child's age
- How far has the disease progressed?
- Health of your child
It is recommended to stop breastfeeding. Feed the baby through intravenous methods. The doctor may also recommend antibiotics and oxygen support if the child has breathing problems. In severe cases, the child may require surgery to treat this disease.
If the treatment occurs early, then the child may recover. However, complications such as a narrow and damaged bowel may persist. This may cause problems in nutrient absorption in the intestine leading to other disorders.