Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rishi Kumar V
Submit a review for Dr. Rishi Kumar VYour feedback matters!
Am a 23 years old female, am suffering with gastric problem and was diagnosed as having ulcers last year, I took treatment but even now the problem persists, due to gastric problem am suffering with dry cough from 2 years, is there any remedy, through which I can get rid of it?
I keep on gaining weight. It increased more than 20 Kgs in the last 3 years. With increased weight I feel lethargic, my libido have decreased, my cholesterol levels have gone up and my BP also remains high. Please advice.
I am suffering from itching from 3 years back. It occurs whenever I feel heat or whenever I come from bath. The spot become red after itching.
Sir Mujhe 6 years ago liver jaundice huwa tha. Kya jaundice life mai sirf 1 time hota h ya many time ho sakta h. Please bataye.
My name is Mohammad sohel. My age is 18 my problem is I am getting over sweat on my palms if my both hands and under the foot. Do will you please give me the tip or precaution.
I have beard, and up side hair are growing more upper side of my beard I want to remove permanently those hair by home remedies or any other way please help me.
About me, Male -29, I feel like weakness all the time, and I guess maybe bcoz of night fall happen in weeks, also semens seen in urine sometimes. And during sex discharge happen in less than a minute. So would have request from you to please give solution of this, if you find it as a problem. Looking forward for your reply, Faithfully, Gagan gill. 07415445272.
There are some foods which should definitely be a part of your regular diet, the health benefits they offer are amazing, and they are also easily available. One such superfood are chickpeas, or channa as they are popularly called. Another major advantage is that they can be cooked in various forms, and can also be eaten after simply boiling them.
Read on to know their amazing benefits on skin, hair, and overall health.
- Weight loss: With no extra fat and no extra calories, channa is one of the best ways to lose weight. Eat them on a daily basis, preferably without any oil. You could add it to khichdi, curries, or even eat the boiled peas. Rich in fiber and protein, it makes one feel full and reduces hunger pangs. This stops snacking urges in between meals, which is the major cause of weight gain. They can also be added to other foods like vegetables and fruits, which aid weight loss.
- Improved digestion: They help in cleaning the digestive system and kill bad bacteria in the stomach and keeps the stomach clean. It also improves the digestive process as there is high fiber content. Channa helps avoid constipation and allows for quick movement of food through the digestive tract.
- Boosts immunity: They are rich in antioxidants and various minerals and vitamins. The end result is better immunity, specifically due to folate, zinc, iron, and balanced pH in the body. This also helps the body fight infections.
- Controls diabetes: While some foods like chocolates are known for spiking up the sugar levels, foods like channa cause release of sugar at a slow, steady pace. This drawn-out process helps in preventing diabetes, which is basically caused by foods which spike up sugar levels sharply.
- Protection against heart disease: Chickpeas help control cholesterol levels, which are the main culprit for causing heart disease. Also, due to the high fiber content present in chickpeas, it does not allow for weight accumulation. The process of plaque buildup in the arteries is slowed. Blood pressure levels are also reduced, which is due to the high fiber content. Reduced plaque buildup also reduces the incidence of strokes and heart attacks.
- Skin: The manganese and molybdenum in the chickpeas help control wrinkles and purify the skin. Chickpeas paste can be applied on the skin as a face pack too. Ageing can be delayed by regular use of chickpeas in the diet.
- Hair: It reduces hair fall, controls dandruff, improve hair volume, and so is very good for hair health.
- Wound healing: Given that chana is high in proteins and essential vitamins and minerals, it helps in wound healing too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!