Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Since long time 3-4 year I cannot open my mouth widely not more than two finger and my jaw is also blocking not opening widely ,is there any cure?
Nicotex chewing gums is really useful to quit smoking? If so how it works & how long has to use to gave up smoking habit?
No one likes going to a dentist. People fear a toothache, let alone the treatment. Because of this, a lot of people end up in the dentist's chair only when the pain is unbearable and it is too late to save the tooth. Just like we have a routine health check up for the rest of our body, our teeth too need to be looked at by a dentist at regular intervals to spot that cavity right when it starts. A regular visit can also allow a quick clean up to keep your teeth shining white.
Here's what to expect during a routine dental check up:
- They'll check your history: Before you actually get to the dentist's chair, your dentist will want to know your entire health background. This is done either by you filling out a detailed form that the receptionist gives you or a junior dentist filling a medical record sheet after asking you questions. You'll specially be asked questions about any pain or symptoms you might be experiencing in your teeth and other things like medications, diabetes, arthritis, pregnancy etc. Each of these problems can have a direct impact on your dental treatment, hence revealing them to your practitioner in advance is very important. Also, be sure to discuss any concerns or anxiety you are experiencing. Most dentists know how to put their patient at ease. All it'll take is a quick chat to put you at ease.
- You'll get a cleaning: Just like the car gets a good wash before the mechanic can have a look, your teeth will get a good scrub before your dentist can address any problem areas. Cleaning involves scraping off built up plaque and tartar that collects above and below the gum line before flossing between and around every tooth to remove any plaque or food particles that are clinging on. You may also get a final shiny finish for your pearly whites at the end of the cleaning session.
- Your teeth will be examined: Your dentist will now use a metal probe with a small angled mirror to see behind and between teeth and gums, as well as check for the softening of tooth enamel and dentin. If you have a cavity or anything deeper, this is when it will surface. Once the doctor identifies a problem, they suggest the next course of action.
- You may get an X-ray: If the doctor finds a problem that needs fixing, he may ask you to take an X-ray to find out how deep the decay is. You'll be asked to bite down on a piece of plastic while the X-ray machine is placed against your cheek. Where possible, you can check if your doctor can do a digital X-ray which emits 90% less radiation.
- Results and advice: Based on your X-ray results and overall medical condition, the doctor may recommend various procedures to remove your existing decay and prevent new ones.
I have bad smell in saliva No bad breath problem, if I gargle then everything is Ok (for 20-30 min but slowly after some time same foul smell comes to saliva) I brush daily twice a day Flossing the tongue gave some relief If I sneeze the smell is very very bad
Hi sir, I have mouth joints pain due to wisdom teeth. Should I remove that teeth? If I removed the teeth supported teeth will get loose. What to do?
I have yewlo teeth since 2 week so please help me to clear and white teeth and my weight also so weak.
I think I have very low calcium on my body. Because my teeth became little transparent and weak and some times my bones (neck and spine) give a sound when I move them little hard. What should I eat daily to get more calcium?
I am 25 years old male. I had teeth problem from last 3 years back. So I got treatment (Root canal) while I was in my hometown (bangalore) at one the famous private polyclinic. Few weeks ago again I visited Dentist and she suggested to make root canal again for same teeth.. Even I got treatment (root canal) at saudi ARABIA. My questions are 1. Dr. every couple of years once I should get root canal? 2. I here thatvtreatment of saudi Arabian hospital is not good and it will be make side effects on future! Is this true? 3. What type of bless and tooth paste I should use?
I am 22 years old female. My teeth are in little yellow I want my teeth in white by home remedy please help me.
Vitamin deficiency and gum bleeding through mouth? Since 1 year. Bleeding is occurring after few hours of every eating particularly I observed after night food. I have nothing idea about bleeding. What's the problem and what should I do?
Hi I am having some black or brown seen between my gums and front teeth. I have gapped teeth on front side teeth may b called as canines. How to get rid of this black stuff may b caused due to food struck in gaps it looks horrible when I smile. It looks like tar stuck in between teeth. please help.
I have very loose theeths that doesn't look nice my theeth have a lot space between each other please advice me some simple solution.
Your friends mean well when they tell you to put aspirin on your sore gums. But don’t listen to this old wives’ tale. Never put aspirin directly on your gums. Yes, it might provide some temporary relief. But aspirin is a highly caustic chemical, and it is irritating to the gum tissue. It could cause a fairly serious acid burn.