Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RevathiYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my partner during my fertile window. Although withdrawal was done, I'm afraid that I might get pregnant. I am due my period. What should I do.
I am married from last six years have sex with husband thrice in a week but still not have child how do I get baby what should I do.
I was married on 3rd December. From December to march we had a healthy relationship. For the month of may I went to gave my exams at my mothers place (we had no intercourse section in april. From dec to feb my period date was 18. I missed my periods in march and then on april 10 my periods started. I never faced irregular periods. Now I want to get pregnant this month I. E. May. My sis-in-law faced miscarriage this month. I really have little knowledge regarding getting pregnant. Times of intercourse. When to get ejaculated. Kindly advice me in simple language.
In the present day and age, everyone’s always in a hurry. This has increased the tendency of multitasking in most people, whether it’s at their workplace, at home or while eating.
Studies have indicated that completing a single task at a time scores over multitasking and the latter even has some scary after-effects. It’s been proven that multitasking can have a huge negative influence on your brain as well as your career. Read on to find out the three ways in which multitasking is actually doing you more harm than good.
1. Your IQ level is lowered due to multitasking
Studies have revealed that multitasking can slow down your responses and even lower your IQ. A study conducted by the University of London observed a group of adults who were regularly asked to multitask. The results showed a considerable decline in the IQ level of the participants and the effects of multitasking were equated with those experienced after smoking marijuana or remaining awake all night. It was also observed that the IQ drop among some of the men resulted in them achieving IQ scores that match that of an 8-year-old child.
2. Multitasking can harm your brain
A research conducted by the University of Sussex, UK, proved that multitasking can lower your brain density in the anterior cingulate cortex (the area responsible for your emotional and cognitive control). This study analysed the MRI scans of the brains of the participants while they were multitasking (like working with multiple electronic devices). In conclusion, the researchers found out that the processes going on in the human body while interacting with multiple devices at once affect the brain’s natural structure negatively, thus hampering your ability to make wise decisions.
3. Multitasking worsens your performance at work
Studies reveal that multitasking exposes your brain to multiple streams of electronic information at once, which drastically interferes with your capacities of paying attention and remembering details.
Organizing thoughts in a proper manner also becomes difficult for people who multitask. They often fail to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant data, and show slow responses when asked to switch from one task to another. Your brain has been designed to handle and focus on only one task as a time, so if you multitask it cannot perform the multiple tasks with the same efficiency and speed. As a result, the quality of work reduces and your productivity decreases to a large extent if this continues for a long time. Moreover, multitasking can have a negative impact on your overall performance at your workplace, which can adversely impact your career in the long run.
So, if you find yourself multitasking often due to lack of time or work pressure, don’t let it turn into a regular habit. This will not only keep the quality of your work intact, but will also save you from potential brain damage.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Obesity has emerged as one of the most common and serious health problems today, affecting all and sundry. Children, in particular; are the worst affected. Obesity is an amalgamation of sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits and certain medical conditions. If neglected, it can create havoc. Diabetes, high blood pressure and hypertension are some of the major health complications that obesity can lead to. Thus, one needs to control and check this menace at the earliest. Maintaining a healthy body weight is the best way to control obesity. Many surgical and non surgical options are available to lose weight. Weight loss the Ayurvedic way is not only effective, but 100% natural.
Ayurvedic tips for weight loss
The following Ayurvedic tips, if practiced diligently, can give you a lot to cheer about. For an effective treatment, one needs to understand their body type well. Ayurveda classifies people in two categories. People of the Vata Type (more of ember and air in their system), those who can eat like a glutton and yet have a figure to die for. On the contrary, people having more of earth and water in their system (Kapha Types) can put on weight at the drop of a hat.
- Exercise your way to fitness: The benefits of exercise are immense. Start your day with a 30-45 minute exercise to feel the difference. Jogging or brisk walking will be very beneficial. It will give you the extra zeal to fight the unwanted fats in your system.
- Yoga and pranayams: Our body is made up of seven chakras. Proper activation and functioning of the chakras are important to enjoy sound health. Yoga and pranayams are instrumental in activating these chakras. Meditation also rejuvenates a person mentally and physically. A sound mind and body positively responds to the various Ayurvedic weight loss programmes.
- Healthy Sleeping Habits: Early to bed and early to rise can indeed make a person, healthy, wealthy and wise. People with unhealthy sleeping habits are more likely to be obese. Work is important, but not at the expense of one's health. A 10.30 pm-4.30 am sleep schedule is highly recommended.
- Eat healthy: Unhealthy eating habits contribute significantly to obesity. It should be noted that starving will do you more harm than good. A healthy practice is to have small meals at regular intervals. Do not keep your stomach empty. Reduce the carbohydrate and fat intake. Include lots of vegetables, fruits, lean fish, and low fat dairy products in your diet. Ayurvedic medicines like, Triphala churan, guggulu, Triushanaadi loha, shilajit, swarnmakshik bhasm and Medhohar guggul are very effective. However, these medicines should be taken under medical supervisions.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle: Try and avoid a sedentary lifestyle as much as possible. If your work requires you to sit for a long period of time, a short break every one hour can prove to be beneficial.
Ayurveda goes a long way to keep obesity and the associated health complications at bay.
Last period was on 4 June 2016 Missed period from last 2 month, taken regestrone and wait 10 days no periods, all blood are negative again Dr. prescribe Crina ncr 10 mg for 7 days but till now there is no period. Pls suggest.
Hi Doctor, It's been 7 days since I took Ipill. The day I took Ipill was the 14th day of my menstrual cycle and took within 15 hours of the act. I had protected sex. But, the first few seconds were unprotected. So, to rule out any risk, I took Ipill. But, today, after 7 days of Ipill also, there is no BTB or periods. I am a little paranoid now. My periods are due on 19th may. Which test can I take right away to find out if I am at risk. Serum HCG test can check at this point? Kindly help! Last periods: 19th April Sex: 3rd May 2.30 am Ipill taken: 3rd May 4.30 pm Next expected period: 19th May. Today, 7 days since I took Ipill. But, no signs of bleeding.
I' m 46 yrs old and having problem of descharge from vagina. No foul smell. N I' ve not for period from past 3 months acidity also.
Sir mjhe herpes h ek sal s bar bar iske dane ho jate h ye jad s kese khtm hoga. Please btaiye. Mjhe bhot tension hoti.
My wife is 22 years old and she has been taking I-pill since past year and it has sum up to 13. After her last period ended we had sex and she took another pill. Then we had protected sex after 7 days and since then it's been a month and she hasn't got her periods yet. What is the problem?
My girlfriend had a medical abortion a month back. Though it was successful, now she used to have pain in lower abdomen once in a while. Also, it has become very painful for her to hold her bladder. Is it normal after the pill? What should be done now. We haven't done ultrasound after the abortion. Please advice.
I am trying to conceive from two months and my medical test is also positive then what should we do for conceiving?
Alcohol, smoking, hukka, gutka, pan masala increasing, increasing teeth problems boring, boring water, drug side effects irregular, irregular life style etc has lead to increasing number of patients with taste problemsmajority. Majority of us are not involved in educating patients and society .revisiting this unfolded special sense is need of hour.
On an average 10000 taste buds are found in mouth mainly on tongue but also on roof and back in throaton.on tongue taste or gustatory cells are clustered as prominent papillae viz filiformfungiformcircum-vellate, fungiform, circum-vellate & foliatemany. Many times patients come with fear showing these normal structures as abnormalfive. Five common tastes are sweet, sour salty bitter, salty, bitter (bitter gourdciturus, citurus peelunsweetened, unsweetened coffee & cocoa) and umami (due to glutamate of soy saucemeet, meet extractssome, some cheeses) for taste quality good sense of smell is also importantspecial. Special channels connect roof of mouth to nose for sensation taste. Taste mainly travels via chorda nerve through facial nerve via ear to brainalso, also via glossopharyngeal neve and vagus nerve to brain.
75% of people over 80 yrs age have impaired tastetaste.taste is affected mostly temporarily by many things : Common cold flu pharyngitissalivary, flu, pharyngitis, salivary gland affections dental, dental caries infections gum, infections, gum disesesacid, acid riflux in throatbell's, bell's palsysome, some neurological disease like parkinsonism. Head or ear injury, as a part of middle ear surgery due to chorda tympani nerve affection B12, B12 & zinc defieciency auto, auto immune diseases of mouth- eyes during, during pregnacy due to hormonal influx as motion sickness, smoking(reduces saliva tionnicotine, nicotine comes in saliva) alcohol drugs (thyroid, alcohol, drugs (thyroid medications drug, drug used for amoebiasis like metronidazole, quininelithium cancer drugs etc, over 250 drugs affect taste.
Excess use of sweets chocolates chilly, chilly spices also affect taste various chemicals affect.
How to avoid?
Avoid hot food eat, eat only when hungry regular, regular tongue cleaning twice, twice or thrice soft brushing teeth, dental flossing treat, treat sinus nose infections and allergy avoid, avoid spicy food quit, quit or reduce smoking avoid, avoid keeping gutka/paan for long in mouth careful, careful ear operations etc
How to improve taste?
Avoid combination dishes and storage as in a casserole flavour the food eat, eat variety food chew, chew properly eat, eat sugar free mints and gums, eat orange lemon adesserve, lemonades, serve food that looks like itself ex fishnasal, nasal saline spray can help.
Zinc and vitamin 12 supplement lipoic, lipoic acid use.
Let taste be a special sense for our life timetreat.treat early by expert.
Hello sir, I got married on 29 Jan 2016 just I want to know that how many months it will take to get a pregnant to my wife and also we are not doing continuous sex because my job is far away to my home after 15 days I am coming to home for just 1 week. And that time only we are doing sex. So is it possible to get a pregnant sooner. That's it sir.
Me and my girl friend wants to feel the joy of sex, we both are virgins and we are planning to have a sex but we are fiery about pregnancy? Is there any chance to not get pregnancy that too having sex without condom?
A sunscreen lotion with spf 15-30 should be applied daily to protect the skin from damages like sunburn, tanning, sun spots, skin cancer etc.
I have suffering from a periods problem. My periods are not regularly. My periods come in 6 month gap.
All drugs carry within themselves the potential to treat and harm the skin. Side effects of medicines are a common phenomenon, with variation in the intensities. Sometimes they are minor and do not require medications; however at other times they may require urgent attention and treatment.
Some allergies caused due to medications that primarily affect your skin are:
- Itches and rashes: Sometimes your body may be allergic to certain type of medications. If these drugs are taken by you then the immune system treats them as foreign invasions and triggers a reaction against them. In certain cases, on consuming a drug that your body is allergic to, a kind of white blood cell called T cells expand. Itching, rashes on the skin are common repercussions in such a scenario.
- Swelling on the face and throat: Often it happens that, on being administered a medicine or an injection, you may experience severe swelling on face and throat. This is an extreme case of medicinal side effect and is commonly known as anaphylaxis. This must be immediately treated and brought to the notice of a trained doctor.
- Blisters: This is also an important potential side effect of a drug. On being administered a drug, you may experience an erosion on the surface of lips and eyes as a reaction against it. Immediate treatment and a consult to the doctor is imperative if you experience these symptoms.
- Swelling of the tongue: If you have high blood pressure and if you take angiotensin converting enzyme, a swollen tongue and persistent cough are the possible side effects.
- Flushing and itching: You may suffer from symptoms of flushing and itching as a possible side effect of the intravenous dyes that are used in the X-rays.