Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Renuka GovindarajuluYour feedback matters!
My husband particulars Age 48 years Wt 80 kgs Ht 5'8" Blood sugar fasting 130 max After 2 hrs of meal around 200 max Presently not taking any medicine Does he need to start?
I hav high bp 166/110. How can I control ma bp. M taking stamlo 5. By medical practitioner advice. please suggest. Ma fasting sugar 88mg/dl.
I am a 60 years old man, suffering from diabetes since 2012, since last one year, I am suffering from sleeplessness.what to do
I did a lot of test. Like echo cardiogram/ chest xray / ct scan on brain and sinus/ CBC blood test/ sugar test/ liver function test/ kidney function test/ thyroid function test/crp test/ cardiac profile/ dimer test./ ECG test. All my test can back normal. But I still feel sick something my head feel heavy. My body feel tired and lazy. Sometime I feel sleep in the day . My doctor told me maybe anxiety is the cause. Because my doc tor said all my test is good. Seeing all my test is good I do not need to worry if I am sick with a disease or something right.
I have pain in my foot from 1 month .I met with doctor .He wrote uric acid test .It's 1.3 normal. He gave medicine diclofenac 50 mg but no relief .This medicine causes stomach problem.
Should I consult doctor for HBA1C 10 for medication or try to be on diet for one month and check sugar levels and consult doctor. Please suggest.
Report glucose Fasting, pp are 218, 269 respectively. Now she takes insulin injection two times (14 and 12 points) in a day. Can she takes tablets without insulin injection after control sugar levels?
I am 43 year old dietetic problem n also have sexual problem what should b do to recover both problems ?
I have sugar. My Age is 51 years. Please advise where I can eat everything and sugar remain in control.
I am 40 years old, my sugar leval on boundary line. My stomech fat also increase last few months, my weight: 82 kg & height: 5 feet 4 inch but last few months I have less erection. Please guide me what to do. Any treatment required?
I am 42 years old and I have hypo thyroid problem. Can I kow what diet should be taken to control it?
I am 34 years married male. I got thyroid testing recently and its showing 9. Please tell me what should I do. I need to take medicine. Do I have thyroid problem.
Diabetes is a common disease that causes insulin to be produced in inadequate amount resulting in the fluctuation of blood sugar level. For a diabetic patient, regular exercise is a must. However, this does not mean that you need to sign up for a gym membership immediately. If you prefer exercising at home, you could also try yoga. Yoga can be described as a collection of asanas or positions that help strengthen the mind and body.
Yoga not only nourishes the body, but also has to ability to calm your mind and reduce the ill effects of stress.
Since stress is a key factor that influences the elevation of blood sugar level, yoga helps in balancing the sugar level. Yoga also makes a person more mindful of whatever he or she might be doing. This in turn is helpful in making healthy lifestyle decisions, such as eating a balanced diet and restricting the intake of sweet foods. Along with lowering blood sugar level, yoga also helps balance cholesterol and blood pressure level and aids in healthy weight loss. A few yoga exercises every diabetic should try to include in his or her exercise routine are:
- Pranayama: This breathing exercise helps oxygenate blood and improves circulation. It also helps fight stress and calms the mind.
- Setubandhasana: This asana helps regulate blood pressure levels and keeps the mind calm. It also aids in smooth digestion and stretches the spine and neck. Setubandhasana also helps in relieving symptoms of menopause in women.
- Balasana: This asana is also popularly known as the child’s pose. It helps stretch and strengthens muscles in the hips, thighs and ankles and is a good remedy for back aches that result from prolonged periods of sitting in the same position. It also helps fight stress and reduces tiredness and fatigue.
- Vajrasana: According to Ayurveda, 12 inches above the anus is a spot known as the kanda. The kanda is a point which sees over 72000 nerve converging. This yoga asana massages the kanda and relaxes the mind. It also helps improve the digestion process and thus ensures that food moves smoothly through the system.
- Sarvangsana: This yoga asana is renowned for its ability to regulate the functioning of the thyroid glands. These glands are responsible for the proper functioning of the digestive, nervous and reproductive system and for regulating metabolism. When metabolism is regulated, energy does not stay stored excessively in the form of fat and hence blood sugar levels also get stabilised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.