Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Renuka
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RenukaYour feedback matters!
I get pimples on my face when ever I eat oily food like junk food from outside, I tried many lotions, face packs to my face but no use so can you help me out sir.
1) Cleanse - Cleansing and moisturizing is equally important to restore the softness of the skin that is at the risk of getting lost because of pollution etc.
2) Exfoliate - It is crucial to remove dead skins and assist in improving blood circulation on the face, specially during summers. The most common and effective way to exfoliate is by using a pack made at home by mixing besan, milk, rose water and haldi, mixing into a paste and apply. Wash off after it?s dry.
3) Wash - Make sure you wash you face at least twice a day, once before stepping out of home and once after you are home.
4) Hydrate - Drink water! Yes, the more water that goes into your system, the better your skin will look from outside. In summers, our bodies lose a lot of moisture which dries our skin. Staying hydrated ensures that the skin is happy.
5) Tone - You go outdoors during summer and almost instantly all the pollution particles start settling on your face. This is why toning is very important. Toning also cools your skin.
6) Use Sun Protection. Try staying indoors as much as possible, specially during the afternoon hours. Apply sunscreen, wear sunglasses and cover your skin with clothes or hats. Use water based moisturizers.
7) Ditch Aerated Drinks - Avoid consuming aerated drinks as much as possible. To quench your thirst, plain water is the best solution. If it is flavor that you wish, then drink detox or flavoured water.
8) Cool - Cucumber, watermelon, papaya, curd are good for your skin. They also cool your skin.
Throughout our life, almost all of us have had days when we would see a bigger bunch of our hair sitting on the drainage of the bathroom than in our ponytails. Or when it would be difficult to make out the color of the comb for it had more hair strands than on the scalp.
However, despite all this, what are the immediate rescue options that you turn to? of all, the most common have been found to be, waiting for it to settle as it was seasonal, experimenting with various products on your own or using natural remedies to fix the same. And I am sure, most of you resorted to these, instead of tracing the causes of your hair fall to the lack of nourishment and proper growth environment, and visiting the right doctor to seek advice on the same.
Do I need to see a specialist or can I do without it?
Sadly, surveys conducted in the past are vocal of the fact that most of us consider self-treatment for problems such as hair fall/ loss. Unless we are severely troubled by the problem, we do not see a specialist to treat the problem. What are the popular reasons behind not seeing a specialist? one, because we often self-examine the problem and devise ways to treat it. Two, we remain uninformed of which doctor to consult—a dermatologist, trichologist, a general physician, or any other specialist. Usually, it is advisable to visit a dermatologist or trichologist as he would be able to provide you with the best solutions for your hair fall.
Hair fall, just like any other problem, depends on the cause, and takes its own course of time to get treated. The reasons for a severe hair fall are not easy to decipher. You can begin by asking yourself the following questions.
Am I eating healthy?
As we have stated this in our series of articles, make sure you eat all the major food components (proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates and fats) in the adequate amount. Do not miss to add seeds and nuts such as walnuts, almonds, chia seeds, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, essential fatty acids, vitamins and other nutrients.
If you are a salad lover, make sure you pick the best greens and fruits. Fresh greens such as broccoli, peas, spinach, cabbage and fruits such as apples, bananas, kiwi and oranges serve as the best source of the vitamins and minerals needed by the body. A well hydrated body would support healthy hair and skin both. Therefore, make sure you drink at least 7-8 glasses of water throughout the day.
You may choose to design a diet for yourself that has the adequate amount of all the essential food components or you may choose to request your nutritionists to help you do so. However, in case due to certain dietary restrictions you are unable to channelize the right amount of nutrients to your body, do not restrict yourself from grabbing nutritional supplements for yourself. Some of the nutritional supplements serve as the perfect reservoir of amino acids (both essential as well as non-essential), vitamins and minerals that act as cofactors for hair growth.
Am I providing proper growth environment to my hair?
“I eat healthy, and still I lose hair everyday”. What do you do if you feel this? well, you can try a few adjuvant therapies such as topical supplements (hair serums/lotions) too. With several such products in the market, you may have the freedom to pick tailored products for your hair. Usually the hair growth serums increase the microcirculation, adds vitality and strengthens the hair strands.
And if I am still losing hair, which specialist can help me the best?
A healthy mane not only adds beauty to one self but also reflects a healthy body and lifestyle. To uproot the cause of hair fall, a thorough analysis (physical and in the laboratory) is a must, and for that one needs to visit a specialist.
If you were to recall the time when you last saw a dermatologist or trichologist for your hair problems, you probably wouldn’t be able to. It is not a good thing because you know what you are missing on but still put it on it.