Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RenukaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, Now a days certainly many pimples comes on my face. If one goes other comes. please help me what to do also after when d pimples goes dark black spot remains on face. Plzzzzzz help me. Before my skin was clear but,
I am losing hair alot. Can you suggest me best way to prevent this! I heard that there is onion treatment for hair. If so please explain?
I am suffering from acidity and my chest pains suddenly and my back too apart that I have hairfall problem.
Sir main gym jada ho aur achi diet late ho but fr v mere face par glow nae hai. Mujhe last 6 years se acne problem a.me in bht medicam v lae hai face glowing k lyi aur acne k lyi but sometimes cheek ho jati hai pimples than fr ho jati hai .pls tell me how can I get clean nd glowing my face?
I am 22 yrs old. I suffer a lot from pimples and then their black marks left on my face. Please help.
Can anyone suggest me a cream which will remove all my tan in a very short period of time? I am getting married and hence I need to look good. Please help. I don't want natural remedies as I am short of time. I want to look fair at my marriage.
I have itching sensation almost on my whole body, especially on thighs, back and neck. Itching is severe during evening and night. Please advise.
My wife is having dark circles on eyes from starting (from the starting of periods). Pls suggest something for permanent relief. She had taken many medicines but not feel any change till date even after peeling also. Before her first period the circles was very light but turned darker after that and till now. She used to take good diet like fruits and vegetables.
My problem is constipation, pimples. And sometimes I feel back bone pain, hand pain. This problem is last 3 years.
I have red rashes when I puke . Its quite embarrassing since it lasts for 2-3 days. Please suggest me why and how to remove the rashes.
I am 26 years old Female. I am suffering from extreme hair loss for last few years. What should I do.
Hello! My brother is 15 year old! He has hairfall problem! So please suggest what's use medicine for this problem!
With changing lifestyles and environmental pollution, hair fall is becoming a bigger issue than it was a few decades ago. People in their 20s and 30s are losing hair, necessitating hair transplant.
Hair fall definitely affects a person’s esthetics, but it is a bigger issue than what just meets the eye. Hair fall especially in men can lead to baldness and when it occurs in the younger years, it affects their overall personality and self-esteem. Hair loss is usually associated with old age and this gives them an appearance much older than they actually are. This can even lead to depression and personality changes.
Ayurveda believes that hair loss has a deep-rooted problem. It believes that a combination of hair products, massage, meditation, and yoga can help in curing hair fall.
There are various products which are believed to have a dramatic effect on hair fall.
- Bhringaraj: This literally translates to the “king of hair.” Available for use in various forms like oil, powder or paste, this helps hair health in multiple ways reversing hair loss, promotes growth, and controls premature greying.
- Ritha: Ritha and shikakai are used as natural hair wash products for centuries. Minus the chemicals, they are excellent for preventing hair fall and also add to hair shine and strength.
- Shikakai: Another natural cleanser for the hair, it is loaded with vitamins antioxidants. It also helps retain the natural oils in the scalp. It can be mixed with water or with tea residue and applied as a paste on the hair.
- Brahmi: Another wonder product for the hair, it promotes hair follicles, nourishes the roots, removes dead skin from the scalp, and reduces hair fall. This can be used in combination with amla, tulsi, and curd for combined benefits.
- Neem: This again can be used as oil or as a paste. Neem helps hair fall by improving blood circulation, reducing dandruff and reduces itchiness. It has a cooling effect on the scalp.
In addition to these products, Ayurveda has other ways to control hair fall.
- Specific yoga asanas are believed to improve hair fall. These asanas which mostly require the person to stand on their head increase blood flow to the scalp and promote hair growth.
- A major reason for hair loss is stress and anxiety, and so meditation which helps in stress management can help in controlling hair fall and hair loss.
- Various oils like castor oil, coconut oil, neem oil, olive oil, almond oil, etc., can be used at slightly warm temperatures to massage the scalp. This promotes the hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
The next time you are worried about hair fall, try these options and see the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.