Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha Kurian
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha KurianYour feedback matters!
I'm trying to conceive for four months. Regular periods. Tried in most fertile days. Can I use vitafem table as vitamin table or any other table prescribe me to conceive soon.
I am 22 yrs old.Last two days are stomach paining and white colour is bleeding in urinal area and this two days are my hip is paining. And my last sum date is 11.
I get blood clots during my periods flow. Is heavy Blood loss a problem in periods. Kindly inform me. I'm 19 years and living in a hostel and I get severe pain in my back and stomach is this a serious issue?
Hi I have all symptoms of yeast infection. It causes itching in the vagina and sometimes causes pain or burning when I urinate or have sex. I also have a thick, clumpy, white discharge that has no odor and looks a little like cottage cheese from last 4-5 days. I had only white discharge like water from my vagina earlier for many years. Should I be worried? Nand what should I do plz?
Hello, I am taking i-pill in 2-3 months regularly for 5 time. I just wanted to know about the side effects. I have a little bit of PCO disease also. Please help me.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
Hello. I want to know that .Is epithelial hyperplasia of oesophagus with mild dysplasia very harmful. It's treatment is possible or not. And what are the success rate of it. please help me.
Hello, I am Dr. B. B. Khatri. I am an ENT consultant. I am going to tell you about blocked stuffy nose.
Stuffy nose or blocked nose is a very common problem and usually it is caused by swelling and congestion of the tissues in the nose due to inflamed blood vessels. Sometimes it is accompanied by nasal discharge and other symptoms. The common causes of blocked nose are Deviated Nasal Septum, Allergic Rhinitis, Common Cold, Flu and Nasal Polyps. There can be enlargement of Adenoid Tissue which is situated behind the nose and sometimes traumatic swelling. It is also common during pregnancy and other factors like humidification, temperature change etc. To diagnose the disease or cause of the stuffy blocked nose we have to examine the nose and see if there are any polyps congested turbinate selling of tissues, discharge and throat and other examinations. Then we may have to do certain investigations like CT scan, X-Ray, PNS and Allergic tests.
The common household remedies are usually Steam Inhalation, Well Hydration. The hydration makes the mucous clear and liquefied. Also elevation of the head may be a cure. Some saline sprays are also helpful for the home remedies. Doctor usually treats it with anti-allergic tablets and nasal spray which also have anti allergic action. The nasal sprays are acting locally. Depending upon the cause, there are polyps and adenoids to be removed surgically and deviation of nasal septum that is also corrected by surgery. Depending on other causes, certain specific treatments are also there.
Warning signals should be kept in mind whenever there is stuffy nose with nasal discharge which is yellow or greenish in nature or one sided discharge along with fever or severe headache or swelling of face, nose, eyes and the doctor should be immediately contacted. Head injury followed by nasal discharge, if there is cough that is lasting for more than 10 days along with yellowish or greenish discharge then we need to immediately contact the doctor.
If the symptoms do not respond to home remedies then you can consult me.
Pregnancy is a time when you have to be at your vigilant best even as you go about your normal life. If you happen to be a smoker and enjoy a drink once in a while, then it may be time to change these habits. Ideally, one should let go of these habits as soon as the couple starts trying for a baby, as how you treat your body in the preconception stage will have a great bearing on how your body adjusts to pregnancy and the aftermath of childbirth. Let us find out the dangers of smoking and drinking during pregnancy. (Learn more about healthy pregnancy)
- Alcohol and Your Baby: While you may be thinking that a drink or two of wine in a week may not do any harm to your foetus, this is actually a misnomer. One should steer clear of even a sip as the alcohol usually ends up passing through you placenta and right into your growing foetus.
- Alcohol Break Down: When the alcohol gets passed through your system and into the baby, there is a definite health hazard to the foetus. This is due to the fact that the body tends to break down alcohol in a much slower manner, than it would break down any other food or beverage. And the risk is that much more heightened in case of the growing foetus, because the tiny bodies are not equipped to handle the breaking down process properly. This may lead to a rise of the blood alcohol level of the foetus, keeping it at that level even after the mother's blood alcohol level has been restored to normal.
- Retardation and Other Related Ailments: When the blood alcohol level of the baby remains high, it can lead to a variety of problems that can go from mild to severe. Retardation, heart ailments and more can be born from this issue. Also, this can lead to deformed facial features as well as behavioural problems like aggression.
- Smoking and Low Birth Weight: When you smoke during your pregnancy, it doubles your risk of birthing a baby whose weight is significantly lower than the acceptable standard and what is considered normal (learn more about the affect of smoking on your and your baby's health)
- Smoking and Other Complications: Also, smoking during pregnancy increases the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy, which can lead to the loss of the foetus. Further, you can also end up having a premature baby, if you smoke during pregnancy, as this will lead to the burst of your water before the actual labour begins. Finally, smoking during pregnancy can give rise to complications in the placenta, which will result in a separation of the placenta from the uterine wall, much before the delivery actually happens.