Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha Kurian
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha KurianYour feedback matters!
I am a divorcee nd I am going to marry again in next 5 6 months. I want to tighten up my vaginal hole what medications should I do?
Health benefits of tea:
1. Polyphenols content: polyphenols, especially catechins and epicatechins, have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. These little powerhouses protect your body from the bad things you consume. Over time, they may even help reduce the risks associated with diabetes and cardiovascular disease. If you drink too much caffeinated tea, you may get a little jittery, but overall it suits a healthy lifestyle.
2. Weight loss: tea may be able to help you lose weight or keep that waistline in check. In a study of tea drinkers versus non-tea drinkers, the people consuming hot tea on a regular basis had smaller waistlines and a lower bmi (body mass index).
3. Increased muscle endurance: if you’re looking for better exercise endurance, green tea may help. Scientists discovered that antioxidants in green tea extract increase your body’s ability to burn fat as fuel. This allows you to build your stamina at the gym more quickly and reap the benefits of a healthier body.
4. Cancer protection: the powerful antioxidants found in tea can actually protect your body from cancer. Current research has shown that tea helps your body fight off certain cancers, including colon, breast, ovarian, prostate, and many others. Tea isn’t a cure for cancer, but it is a simple and effective superfood that can help lower your personal risk.
5. Fight free radicals: what’s a free radical? they’re the bad guys that invade your cells and alter them for the worse. The extensive damage they cause has been scientifically linked to heart disease, cancer, and even alzheimer’s disease. Despite your body’s design, it is not always able to fight off the free radicals – especially if you have a poor diet or lifestyle habits. Antioxidants found in tea help fight the bad guys.
6. Defend bones: the compounds found in green tea improve bone strength and density. This is great news as we age and our bones begin to weaken. Used in conjunction with mild weight or strength training and a healthy diet, green tea can help you fight the ravages of osteoporosis.
7. Regulate blood sugar: people with type 2 diabetes benefit from regular tea consumption. The compounds in green tea help the metabolic system process sugars more efficiently. In a surprising finding, studies showed that people who drank at least six cups of green tea per week were less likely to develop diabetes at all.
8. Boost brain power: many factors influence your brain health. Age, weight, activity levels, and smoking all factor into the way our brains age. Polyphenols in tea may slow the effects of aging in the brain’s memory and learning centers. This includes neurodegenerative diseases such as alzheimer’s, parkinson’s, and dementia.
9. Hydration: your body is comprised mostly of water. You have to have it for your body to function properly and experts estimate that 75 percent of americans are chronically dehydrated. Not everyone enjoys drinking gallons of water every day, and coffee (despite its other benefits) has dehydrating effects. Tea, despite the caffeine, is a hydrating beverage. Next time you’re falling asleep at 3 pm, try iced green tea for a refreshing pick-me-up instead of coffee.
10. Healthy teeth and gums: countries known for their tea consumption likely drink it plain or only lightly sweetened. Tea contains naturally occurring fluoride and tannins. These help prevent plaque from forming on the teeth. Unsweetened tea, along with a daily regimen of brushing and flossing, helps keep those pearly whites healthy.type diabetes
I am 24 years old female unmarried I do masturbation since 8 years by rubbing legs to clitoris. I do not use any particles . i have pelvic pain ,back pain ,frequent urination ,when I touch inside vagina for applying cream as doctor recommended it cause pain and burning sensation in uterus. Ultra sound scan is normal, urine culture also normal. I quit this habit from one year. Please help me this problem not solved wht can I do.
I am 5 week pregnant. Is White milky virginal discharge common in 6 week of pregnancy with left leg pain?
I am using progesterone suppository after my iui. Since 30 day. She gave me for 14 days only. My LMP is 12/2/16 and iui on27/3/16. My tablets are finish today onward but asked me to come on19 till that I have she didn't ask me to take medicine. My question is if I stopped progesterone means will I get withdrawal bleeding or shall I continue that.
My sister is suffering from pcod problem. Her last due date was 29th august. Now she has a pregnancy symptoms like frequent urination, breast soreness. How early symptoms are realize after conceiving?
I never had sex with anyone, last week my bf tried touching his penis to my vulva and he ejaculated, and I missed my periods, does it mean I am pregnant?
I rubbed my penis on my gf vagina and tried to penetrate penis into vagina but she refused for it and I cum on her stomach but after some time of our separation se saw blood coming from her vagina and she is sure that was hymen so we are confused if any parts of my sperm entered her vagina should she take unwanted 72 please help me.
Almost all women with the ability to reproduce develop ovarian cysts at some point or the other but not all of them suffer from PCOS or have infertility issues. PCOS affects only around 10% of women of reproductive age. It is important to note the PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome does not cause cysts but leads to the development of follicles. This causes a hormonal imbalance. The results of this hormonal imbalance can be noted in many ways including infertility.
- Infertility can be described as the inability to conceive and reach full term despite having unprotected intercourse at the right time of a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year. One of the main ways in which PCOS interferes with fertility is by disturbing the natural ovulation cycle. Normally, a woman ovulates once a month. At this time an egg is released by either one of the ovaries. As a result of PCOS, these eggs are not released. This is because the ovaries of a woman suffering from PCOS are much larger than normal and have a number of small antral follicles that do not allow the egg to mature. Without an egg, sperm cells have nothing to fertilize and hence a woman cannot conceive. PCOS also causes irregular menstrual cycles. This makes it difficult to determine the period of ovulation.
- PCOS can be managed with medication but there is no cure for this condition. Thankfully, infertility caused by PCOS can be treated and these women can have healthy pregnancies. For this, you will need to consult a fertility specialist. There are two forms of medication to treat infertility caused by PCOS. Birth control pills, with a combination of synthetic estrogen and progestin, can help regulate the menstrual cycle. In some cases, a doctor may prescribe progestin-only pills. These pills need to be taken daily for two weeks for up to 2 months. Medication may also be prescribed to stimulate ovulation. This medication may be the form of pills or injections.
- Lifestyle changes can also help improve your fertility. For example, being overweight or obese can aggravate hormonal imbalances. With a healthy diet and regular exercise, you should be able to reduce your weight. This, in turn, can make menstrual cycles more regular. In addition, you should quit smoking, meditate and reduce your exposure to stress and pollution. This makes your body healthier and increases your chances of conceiving a baby.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!