Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Regina Leo
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Regina LeoYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am 40 years old female. From last 3 month I was feeling pain in my either ears but occasionally. Suddenly 1 week before I felt pain in my throat and a very small lump also. Now a days I feel just like a cotton is inserted in my ears and pain in ears.
M facing problem in my right ear when I goin in market when horn blow my eardrum will spread back nd then takes its original position. I feel this type of problem. Answer to me please.
I am 36 years old female suffering from tinnitus in ear since 1 month. We want to get. Rid of this tinnitus I am unable to sleep since 2-3 days pls help me out.
I got hit by a ball in my left ear and now its blocked. I am not even able to hear from it properly. Please let me know any nice medicine.
The thought of waking up fresh in the morning after a good night’s sleep itself is refreshing. However, many are deprived of this simple pleasure of life, one of the main cause behind it is snoring. Whether you are snoring or have a person next to you snoring, the result is a disturbed sleep, which leaves you feeling tired and not-very-rested.
Snoring is caused by multiple reasons including stress, obesity, smoking, sinus problems, circulatory problems, poor diet, large tongue or tonsils and with age. This leaves the person sleep deprived, including a feeling of drowsiness, sore throat, increased risk of heart disease, reduced libido and decreased concentration.
While there are surgical corrections that can get rid of snoring, yoga has some simple, effective pranayamas and asanas that have been proven to be effective since times immemorial. They improve lung capacity, help in weight management, keep the air passages open and also help in stress management.
Try the following asanas and pranayamas to see snoring disappear.
- Pranayama: This improves the strength of the facial and throat muscles. Bhramari or Humming Pranayama and Ujjayi pranayama are specifically useful in snoring patients. In Bhramari Pranayama, the lips are closed and the soft palate vibrations are entirely due to nasal airflow. Practised mouth snoring over a period of time where the soft palate is lifted towards the pharynx produces a buzzing bee sound. Both breathing in and out happens through the nostrils producing this sound, although slightly different during inhalation and exhalation. Ujjayi Pranayama is where a hissing breathing sound is produced due to the nasal snoring instead of the mouth snoring in the Bhramari exercise.
- Breathing and Chanting the Om Mantra: Sit on the floor in a relaxed position with eyes closed and take few deep breaths. Begin to chant the word OM repeatedly for a few minutes. Break the word into two parts, the first part of OOOO should come from deep within followed by the lighter MMMM. This helps meditate, relax, and reduce snoring. Try to do this breathing and chanting at least ten to twelve times, and more if possible, on a daily basis.
- Another effective measure is the Simha Garjasana or Roaring Lion Pose where you kneel down on the mat, lean back so that the hips are resting on the heels. The palms are faced in the space between the knees with fingers spread apart. Tilt your head back while taking deep breaths. This improves the airway and reduces the snoring.
Kapalbhati, Bhujangasana Dhanurasana, Warrior Pose and Surya Namaskar are also other effective asanas. When done regularly over a period of time, it helps in getting rid of snoring. This in turn, makes you feel fresh in the morning; ready to take on the day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem. While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments. Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Use gravity: While this method does not treat ear discharge per se, it does help in draining the fluid build-up in the ear. Just lie down on your side keeping the affected ear parallel to the ground. Use your finger to create a vacuum inside your ear and drain the fluid inside it. The finger must be clean. You can also use a cotton wad for this purpose. Another way could be by simply lying on your side with a towel under your ear.
- Use a warm compress: This treatment promotes the flow of ear discharge to its outer part, thereby alleviating the pain. Dip a clean piece of cloth in warm water, wring the cloth as much as you can and then place it around your ear for 2-5 minutes. Lie down on your side.
- Inhale steam: Inhaling steam, opens up the Eustachian tube, thereby promoting the flow of the trapped ear discharge. Simply mix a little bit of eucalyptus oil with some water, boil the mixture and inhale the steam. Tilt your head to one side so that the fluid drains out. Do this exercise for 5-10 minutes. Cover your head and the water with a towel to prevent the steam from escaping. Repeat this exercise as needed.
- Use vinegar and rubbing alcohol mixture: Vinegar and rubbing alcohol have excellent anti-microbial properties. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Put some drops of the mixture in a dropper. Lie down on your side with the infected ear upwards. Insert some drops of the solution with the dropper in your ear. Wait for 10 minutes and then drain out the ear discharge by tilting the infected ear to the other side. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.
- Use garlic oil: Crush 2-3 garlic cloves and extract its oil. Use a dropper to put 2-3 drops of this extract into your affected ear. Tilt the head to one side so that the juice settles down. Now hold a dryer next to the infected ear and let the warm air blow inside it. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.