Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reenie DevadasonYour feedback matters!
Have any chronic of thalassemia? My gf is affected with this, moumita biswas. Will be it problematic during pregnancy?
My both fallopian tubes are blocked as per medical report. Is there any treatment or chance of getting pregnant?
We will help you evaluate the benefits of gestational surrogacy and provide you with information about cost, legal issues, and treatment protocols.
In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate is pregnant with her own biological child, but this child will be raised by others. In gestational surrogacy, the surrogate becomes pregnant via embryo transfer with a child that is not biologically her own. The surrogate mother may be called the gestational carrier.
Once a suitable surrogate has been identified, and the screening process is complete, the cycle can begin. Timing depends on the surrogate’s and intended parents/donors menstrual cycle .
Surrogacy Cycle Overview
The surrogate needs to prepare her uterus for implantation with natural estrogen and progesterone. Because each woman is a little different, the dose, duration, and method of administering these hormones may need to be individualized. This can be determined ahead of time by conducting an evaluation cycle. This is a â€œdry runâ€ in which we duplicate each part of the cycle except the actual transfer of embryos in order to determine how to maximize the chances of success. The evaluation cycle can be completed anytime before the actual procedure. In some circumstances, the evaluation cycle can be waived when the response of the uterus to hormonal stimulation is well known. This is fairly common for women who have undergone many treatment cycles in the past.
It is necessary to synchronize the menstrual cycles of the surrogate and the intended parent in order to obtain mature eggs and embryos and transfer these back into a perfectly prepared endometrium (uterine lining) to maximize the chances of pregnancy success. This is done using a variety of hormonal manipulations .We will determine which technique will work best for each circumstance. Once both women’s (surrogate and intended parent) ovarian function is suppressed and their cycles synchronized, they can begin the process of preparing for pregnancy.
On about the same day, the surrogate and intended parent will begin hormonal therapies to prepare the appropriate target for pregnancy success. The surrogate will begin taking estrogen to stimulate endometrial (uterine lining) growth and the intended parent will begin taking FSH to stimulate egg production. These treatments are monitored with ultrasound and blood estrogen levels until the eggs are ready to be retrieved and the uterus is ready to accept an embryo. Usually these treatments will take approximately two to three weeks and require five office visits for ultrasounds and blood tests.
Subsequently IVF and embryo transfer is done.
In successful cycles, the hormonal supplements are continued through the first trimester (12 weeks) of the pregnancy. Once the first trimester is completed and the placenta has matured to the point where it can provide for all the hormonal needs of the pregnancy, no further supplements are required. We will monitor blood levels of estrogen and progesterone at the end of the first trimester and taper off the hormone supplements gradually. Once the hormone supplements are stopped, the rest of the pregnancy is indistinguishable from any other pregnancy!
My wife is a pregnant of 9 months. What she should follow things or diet to have a successful and normal delivery.
I am pregnant. I have crossed 3 and half months now. What are all the food I can have this period. Can anybody suggest some good food to maintain my health as well as my baby too.
Hello sir mere left breast mein pain hota toh iska ilaj kya mene heart specialist ko aur ladies doctor ke pass bhi medicine aur davaiya chalu par breast mein kuch haddi jaisa lagne laga hai ganth ki tarah wo haddi/ganth dard hota hai tabhi ati fir jati hai plzzz ans me. Qki mujhe bhot pain hota blood pressure bhi bhadhta iske karn.
Hii I am 30 years old we are trying for a baby .but doctor told reduce weight .my height 5.1 weight 71 kg .my question is recently I heard green coffee may reduce the very fastly. Every day I doing Aerobics also but my weight is very slowly reducing . Please suggest me can drink green coffee or not but how can I reduce my weight. Thank you.
I am 42 now and still don't have any kid. Got 2 IUI and 1 IVF done. NOW should I go for further treatments for baby or stop here only due to age.
We are planning for baby from last six months. But I am not getting pregnant. I did not consult to any doctor yet. What can I do to get pregnant? Do I need to consult any doctor? Or wait for few more months. My age is 28. Please suggest.
My wife is 23 years old and 6 weeks pregnant. She had light spotting in 5th week. Please advice me that whether she can do travel by train for 450 kms safely.
When someone intends to describe'intercourse, the adjective painful is not the first thing to spring up in your mind. But more often than not, you or your partner might be suffering from a painful experience under the sheets that further complicates your relationship.
But to paraphrase, it doesn't have to be like this. If you are encountering pain on a regular basis, it is best to talk to your partner and to a doctor to get rid of the problems.
Below is a list of 6 reasons that could be responsible for a painful intercourse:
- Lack of sufficient lubrication: When the female member is turned on because of foreplay, there is an adequate amount of white mucous discharge in the vagina which works as a natural lubricant and makes penetration easy and comfortable. A lack of sufficient foreplay or a side effect of usage of medications for allergies and antidepressants might make your vagina dry which can cause pain. Also, intercourse before your menstrual period can also facilitate the painful experience. This condition can be checked upon by usage of lubricants which will sufficiently moisturize the vagina.
- Inflammation of the bladder region can also cause pain during sex: It is recommended to urinate after sex in order to drain away the bacteria that might have entered your body during intercourse.
- Infection: Infection in the vagina, which can be denoted by the change of color in the vaginal discharge can be a reason for the pain. Also itching in the vagina (vaginitis) in case of women or infection to certain contraceptives for men can also give rise to pain. Inflammation of prostate gland: for males, severe pain just a few moments before ejaculation might be a result of prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland) and should be immediately diagnosed.
- Medical conditions: If the pain during intercourse affects your whole body, then there is a possibility that the pain is a reason for some underlying serious medical condition like problems in the uterus, irritable bowel syndrome or ovarian cysts.
- Hormonal imbalance: If you are pregnant or you have given birth just a few months back, you might feel pain during intercourse as changes in hormones during pregnancy might cause your vagina to dry up.
- For more info you can consult with our herbal experts.
Resuming sex post pregnancy can take some time as the woman has to go through the initial phase of vaginal soreness and perpetual exhaustion before she can think of having sex. Whether a woman gives birth vaginally or through cesarian section, her body will require time to heal itself; and it is advisable to resume the intercourse only six weeks after childbirth.
Here are some of the common sex problems post-pregnancy.
1) An eager partner - Your partner might be ready for sexual intercourse but you are not. Even if it is six weeks after giving birth, when the wound inside has mostly healed and perhaps you're not sore anymore, you still may not want to have sex. This is because the hormones in your body are drastically changing, and the uterus is gradually shrinking and your episiotomy wound is progressively healing. In such situations, one should take it slow. Cuddling, kissing and spooning are some of the ways closeness can be fostered.
2) Delicate and tender breasts - Breasts may become sore, heavy and leaky due to nursing your baby. And it is natural after breastfeeding the whole day, one may wat them to be left alone at night. Wearing a nursing top or a tank top during sex is advised. Nursing your baby right before sex can also help as your breasts won't be as full and achy.
3) Sex won't feel the same - It is natural that after delivering a baby, sex won't feel exactly the same. This is because the vaginal muscles would be temporarily stretched out. And there is a chance of temporary soreness and inflammation within the vagina. Kegel exercises may help to get back on track.
So, in case you're a woman and felt strange about not being up for sex post your pregnancy, there's absolutely nothing to be stressed about. And men, if you are reading this tip, your woman needs you to understand her even more after her becoming a mother; so, treat her with utmost care.
Related Tip: Why Do Men and Women Respond Differently After Sex??
I'm 25 years old and my weight is 90 and my penis is 3.3 inches is there a problem satisfying my wife.
Food is important for the health and growth of your hair as well, like all other body parts. The only difference is that you have to supply the food to the hair follicles before the hair strand grows since once it grows out it is nothing but a dead cell and nothing can make the hair thicker or straighter or healthier. But a healthy diet can keep the hair follicles nourished and the scalp healthy thus preventing hair fall and other various ailments that cause hair fall.
Just like your skin, you hair shows damage through dieting too. Just that the skin shows immediately and the hair to show the extent of damage would take longer. But nevertheless a crash dieting or an unhealthy lifestyle would surely take a toll on your hair too along with your skin.
Causes of unhealthy hair: there are also many other reasons for unhealthy hair too like,
1. Excessive smoking,
2. Excessive alcohol consumption
3. Unclean hair regularly etc,
But maintaining a healthy diet throughout would help in combating these much more effectively than any cosmetic products ever can.
There are many food stuffs that can help in healthy hair growth. Taking just any food that is regarded as healthy will not help. You have to know exactly, what ingredients favor in building block of healthy hair. In which food you would get these ingredients. You have to then include these foods into your daily diet plan. For instance protein is the most important ingredient that aids in healthy hair growth. The reason is that the hair strand is mostly made of protein and hence a protein rich diet would ensure that your hair stand is strong such that it does not break easily.
List of protein rich foods:
1. Whole eggs
5. Cottage cheese
6. Greek yogurt
12. Pumpkin seeds
13. Turkey breast
14. Fish (all types)
16. Brussels sprouts
Healthy scalp is necessary for healthy hair too and for healthy scalp you would need a diet rich in iron, vitamin e and some essential minerals like copper, selenium and magnesium. Vitamin d is also important. You would get vitamin d through the sunlight but remember that too much sunlight can damage the hair instead of supplying it with vitamin d. For protein, minerals and vitamin e, you should take ample amounts of fishes like salmon, eggs, leafy vegetables like spinach as well as lentils too.
It is important though that you consult a good doctor first before taking all the above mentioned food at once. Your doctor can plan out a balanced diet for you.
My periods date are late. Now 42 days. Today I checked UTP its positive. Doctor said its weakly positive. why its weekly positive. What should I do now?
Hi i'm 26 years old female. Having irregular periods problem from starting only. I don't have any pcod thyroid problem. But still i'm not getting my period. Even now also there is 3 months of gap. If I take any medicine i'm getting it. Is there any permanent solution for this problem?
Morning sickness is one of the unpleasant experiences during pregnancy. Some women dread at the thought of it. It is more common in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, especially with the first child. Allopathy attributes this to hormonal changes, vitamin deficiency, dehydration, etc. Homeopathy believes that this morning sickness happens with the physical, emotional, and biological adjustments that the mother has to make with the new baby growing within her. As with all conditions, homeopathy believes in not just giving a medication to cure the nausea but to identify the associated symptoms and manage the woman as a whole entity.
Some of the popular homeopathic options available are listed below:
- Colchicum: The mere thought of food intensifies the nausea, especially fish and eggs. Any movement increases the nausea. There is an urge to consume carbonated drinks. The woman chooses to sleep with her knees drawn close to the chest.
- Sepia: The smell and thought of food worsens the nausea sensation. There is a craving for vinegar, sweets, and pickles. There is a feeling of heaviness in the pelvis. This exhaustion leaves you with a feeling of indifference to close family and friends. Exercise can improve the feeling.
- Pulsatilla: Staying in a closed, stuffy room make the nausea worse. Being out in the open air makes it better. Walking makes it better. The craving for sweet and fatty foods is high, but that worsens the nausea. Water consumption is reduced. Mood is unpredictable, wanting comfort and reassurance.
- Nux Vomica: The woman wakes up from bed with a nausea, but not able to vomit out. The woman is hyperstimulated and feels very anxious and stressed. Light and sound can also add to the irritation. There is a strong insomnia component to this woman.
- Cocculus indicus: Loss of appetite, with even the thought or smell or sight of food making you nauseous. There is a highly tired and fatigued feeling. The person can feel chills, vertigo, and loss of sleep. The symptoms are usually worse in the afternoon.
- Ipecacuanha: The nausea is severe and constant, but is not relieved with vomiting. There is profuse salivation and constant spitting.
- Tabacum: The nausea in this woman is persistent, is worse when in a warm room, and induced by even the slightest smell of tobacco. The nauseas feels better when there is fresh air movement, might ask for the car windows to be open. There is also an urge to leave the abdomen uncovered.
In addition to these, some tips to avoid morning sickness include eating a dry cracker before getting out of bed, avoiding fatty foods for dinner, drinking plenty of water, and including a lot of ginger in your diet.