Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ReddyYour feedback matters!
My skin is getting black so I want to my skin glow what can I do for my skin to getting glowing I want only my skin glow with no side effects pllease help.
Please suggest me the food items to take during chicken pox and to control it and also please mention what are the natural remedies to get rid of the scar quickly caused by chicken pox.
Because of pimples. I got so much marks on my face by which my complexion becomes darker. Plzz tell me some remedy to remove these marks.
I have an problem of tanning. For which I have referred many doctors. But could not find a solution.
I am pratik. I am 25 years old. I am facing problem of inner thigh infection from 2 years. Also I developed a patch near my nose from 4 months. I tried all but its not working. I tried allopathy, homeopathy and ayurved .but nothing worked. I took heavy medicines of allopathy. But nothing worked. Can you give me a permanent solution for it.
I have 3 visible lumps around my anus area. My research on the net tells me it is piles. But those lumps do not scratch nor does it pain. What is it then?
I am 20 years old female, and have pimples, black spots on the face since 5 to 6 yrs. nothing can help me I guess. Please suggest me something so that I can get rid of all the flaws of my skin and at least get a clear skin.
Dear sir mere nose per black black daag hai Wo daag kabi kam or kabi jada ho jate hai Menu kya karna chaiye sir please help me out please sir hum buhat pareshan hai please kuch batai na.
I am 27 years old having dark circle under eyes. What should I do? I am taking seabuckthorn pills from 1 month which contains omegas & vitamins and using aloe vera eye gel but no results I found.
Skin is the first and foremost organ exposed to the onslaught of a variety of germs and bacteria. Your skin fights against these germs to keep you safe and healthy. Thus, skincare should not be treated as an element of vanity. A skincare regimen is something essential for your overall wellness.
Ways you should adopt to take care of your skin on a daily basis:
- Dry skin should be kept safe from harsh face washes: Face washes have a milder effect as compared to soaps, but they surely aren't good for the health of your skin. Skin, especially that on your face, is delicate. To retain its natural glow and nourishment, care should be taken to maintain its natural oils and nutrients. Washing your face repeatedly with harsh face washes can make your skin dull and rough. If you have a dry skin, you should be extra careful to retain the natural oils of your skin and hence should stay away from soaps or face washes.
- A skin with large pores should be exfoliated frequently: Skin with large, open pores is usually oily. Excess oil can lead to several other problems like acne, pimples or skin pigmentation. Such kind of skin should therefore be exfoliated and toned as part of a person's daily routine. Exfoliation rids your skin of dead cells, which on continued accumulation, can lead to infections. However, toning helps in tightening your skin.
- Sunscreens should be used irrespective of the prevailing weather: Whether it is sunny or cloudy outside, sunscreens are a must. You should never venture outdoors without applying sunscreen on the bare parts of your body. Sunscreen lotions are known to prevent you from the harmful UV rays of the sun that can subject you to the threat of skin cancer. It is absolutely necessary to apply these lotions generously and at least twenty minutes before a person goes outside.
- Hydration is the best suited way to have a healthy skin: When it comes to the look and well-being of your skin, hydration is indeed important. Drinking plenty of water and fruit juices can keep your skin moisturized naturally. Make sure you include fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Settle for herbal or natural face packs: Herbal or natural face packs run from a lower propensity to react with your original skin type. This helps you to avoid chances of contracting acne or any other kind of fungal or bacterial infection. You should make efforts to grind turmeric at home to apply it on your face instead of buying a readymade pack. This way, you steer clear of chemical substances and their disadvantages.
Hello doc, I recently developed anal fissures. When I try to pass the stool, it's very painful and burning, almost like a tear during the initial phase of passing stool. There's no clear visible blood, but I definitely see some trace of it in the stool. Afterwards it's irritating for a while, and during nights I get itching in the anal area. This has been going on for the last 45 days and not getting any better. Kindly suggest me what to do. Thank you.
Respected air, I am 24 year old girl. There have pimples and scars on my face and also drk circle. And when I walk outside then my skin become tired quickly. What I do for that. Which skin is useful for me. marriage will ne on next month so I want an expert advice from you. Thank you3.
I have sun burned face. I have tried so may remedies to get rid of that but I failed . What should I do now?
Hypertrichosis: Symptoms and causes
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development.