Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years male now I am using skin lite cream for 3 years my face was very bright. If not use cream my face was getting black then how to rectify my face colour.
I am pavani my age is 26, I am getting white spots on my neck from last two weeks onwards, can you please suggest me any solution.
I hav black mark in under arms, could any help how I remove it. Sumtym smell badly. I used deo or perfumes, but dark shades become more darker.
My son age 14 who has lucoderma ( white spot in legs ( small three spots) since last 6 years. There is no increase or decrease in spots last tow years. What is latest effective medicine for that ?
I have pimples and black spots on my face. I have used the skin lite cream. But there is no result. So can I get an answer how to make possible.
I have pimple problem on my BACK. Lower and upper BACK! Pimples come and go. Again and again from the past 5 years. Dark spots are still there. They are vanishing very slowly. What to do?
Hello dos, 1nd half years se mere baby girl ko feed kr re hun, lekin ab m uska dudh chudva re hun, to m kya medicines lu because my chest is paining now.
I am 40 years old and suffering backache and anus pain from last 2-3 month what I do? please suggest me.
I have lots of hair on my chest & back. I want to get permanent laser for hair removal. Is it safe ? From where should I get it done in India (Calcutta). Will there be any effect on the skin ?
My wife is suffering from dark marks on belly after pregnancy to delivery and these are still persist after 4 months of delivery. How they will be reduce or finish please suggest?
I am 20 years old. My skin was clear .but after marriage i.e.from 9-10 months my skin is having red and dark pimples and some acnes .how can I get my clear skin? Also give me advice for hair fall.
I was having wheatish complexion but now I'm going darker due to tanning. My face, neck, hands and foot are getting darker in color. Please suggest me what should I do to recover my skin color and what home made measures can I take for instant fairness.
I am 58 years old male and generally keep good hygiene. Since last 2-3 years I have itching around the groin area. In winters it subsides and in summers it resurfaces. I use ring guard or itch guard which controls it. But it dosent cure. I want something to cure it permanently.
HiHi I'm 24 years old, I have a lot f pimples acne white head and my nose is filled with white and black heads. I have a skin problem having some rough patches on my hands and legs.
Stretch marks are white marks, which are caused due to distension of the skin. These appear on the skin as stubborn lines. The most common cause of stretch marks in women is pregnancy, and otherwise they may also appear on abdomen, thighs and limbs due to gaining or losing weight too quickly.
Causes of stretch marks:
Stretch marks appear when the skin suddenly expands due to which the skin loses its elasticity by stretching too much in a short time frame. This causes white, ugly lines on the skin. These are very difficult to tackle or remove unless you make some efforts to do so.
Home Remedies For Stretch Marks Removal:
Here are some natural ways, which can improve the appearance of the stretched skin a lot, and can fade out stretch marks over time.
- Applying castor oil on stretch marks and massaging for some 5 to 10 minutes help. After the massage, you should immediately wrap the area in a soft cloth and then apply hot-water bag or a hot pad on the skin over the cloth. Daily treatment for a month reduces stretch marks a lot.
- Daily massaging of the skin lightly with pure Aloe Vera gel, and then rinsing it with lukewarm water also gives good results.
- Apply egg whites on the area and leave them to dry. Then wash it with cold water. You should repeat this for at least 2 weeks.
- Use either pure lemon juice or a mixture of equal amounts of lemon and cucumber juice and apply the juice on the affected skin. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Use sugar with a little almond oil and few drops of lemon juice to make a mixture. Use this everyday on skin to exfoliate the skin while bathing to see visibly lighter stretch marks.
- Potato juice is a good stretch marks remover. You should use this juice on skin daily before bathing and leave for some time.
- Daily massage with warm olive oil is a great remedy for the stretch marks.
- Drink a lot of water. As long as you keep your skin hydrated, you will find all other methods working great on the skin.
Medical Treatment for Removing Stretch Marks:
Laser Stretch Mark Removal: During a laser stretch mark removal procedure, a beam of light removes thin layers of skin around the stretch marks. Instead of burning or cutting the affected skin areas like other lasers, it uses high-energy ultraviolet laser light to disrupt the molecular bonds in the skin tissue, which causes the tissue to disintegrate in a process known as ablation. Once laser stretch mark removal is complete, stretch marks will have disappeared, and a renewed, healthy appearance will result.
Benefits of Laser Stretch Mark Treatment:
The most important benefit of laser stretch mark removal is its effectiveness. The treatment has a very high rate of patient satisfaction. It is also extremely safe; the excimer laser is precisely controlled, with little potential to cause injury.
Surgical Stretch Mark Removal: Surgical stretch mark removal is the only effective option for the complete and permanent elimination of stretch marks.
Other Stretch Mark Removal Treatments:
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels are most commonly used on the face to treat wrinkles and age spots, but they can be used on other areas of the body for stretch mark removal.
- Microdermabrasion: Both microdermabrasion and chemical peels improve the appearance of stretch marks through the removal of the skin's top layers.
- Blue Light Therapy: Although more widely used for acne treatment, blue light therapy is sometimes used to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
Because stretch mark removal is customized to the individual patient, consulting a cosmetic dermatologist specializing in stretch mark removal is the best way to get information on your specific case.