Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RavindranYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old. My beta hcg report is as follows: Test name - SBHCG (Beta Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin) Value - <0.100 Unit - mIU/mL EXPECTED VALUES 0-5: Non pregnant women and men Pregnant women weeks of gestation Week range 3-4 9 - 130 4-5 75 - 2, 600 6-7 4000 - 100, 200 7-12 11, 500 - 289, 000 12-16 18, 300 - 137, 000 16-29 1, 400 - 53, 000 29-41 940 - 60, 000 10th 46309 - 186977 Is it positive?
I have thyroid I got an operation due to a swelling in throat 2 years back. And there is swelling on my right legs feet nerve since 15 years and now it started paining. When I do some work, my neck and right shoulder along with hand starts paining. Will you suggest any remedies for my problems? Waiting for the reply as soon as possible.
Sirji, I have thyroid (TSH) 8.28 plU/mL my height is 5ft 6 inches & weight is 55kg, kindly tell me what is the reason of this problem, why I have thyroid & tell me home remedy.
I'm going with ivf treatment. What precautions should I take to get positive results? Please advise.
I have hypothyroidism. Is it curable or do I need to take the medicines for lifetime? Thank you in advance.
This morning my father noticed bleeding on his right sole of his foot after long time. When he had his look on the floor which had become dirty with blood. And saw his foot bleeding. Is it due to diabetes he can not feel anything? My dad peels of the sole skin simply.
Am suffering from diabetes from last three years, am also patient of hypertension, joint pain in my knees, I want medicine,
I am 22 years old, I am suffering from hyperthyroid since last 8 years. My weight is constantly decreasing and I am facing many problems like memory loss, hair fall, painful periods n many more.
I got my blood sample test from docs app all the results were normal except TSH which value was 8.68. Pl advice what precautions should be taken to control my T3 value is 111 and T4 is 7. Thanks.
Sir/madam, I am suffering from hypothyroid my tsh is 47 at present & my doctor have advice to take thyroxin -200mg power tablet, please advice me a suitable dose as to how long I am suppose take the same power tablet. Thanks.
I am 67 years old having Blood Pressure, cholestrol, thyroid, diabetes. Bp I have got since last 20-25 yrs. Other ailments since 6yrs. But since last 3years I am suffering from allergy. Taken lots of medicines but I get relief for few days again it starts. I get red patches any where in body mostly on toes.
I am diabetic since 1998. My age is 65, blood sugar about 130 fasting and about 200 after meal. At present I take glypride 2mg bd, roimet 850> bd, pioz 15 od. Wether pioz is banned or it may be continued. Please advice
I am suffering from Hypothyroidism from past 3-4 yrs. Some one suggested me I should start taking Flax seed tablet or flax seeds powder on regular basis. But I come to know that flax seeds should be avoid in Hypothyroidism. Please suggest me should I start take it or not? And what is the ideal time to take flax seeds?
The World Health Organization (WHO) calls infertility “a disease of the reproductive system defined by the failure to achieve a clinical pregnancy after 12 months or more of regular unprotected sexual intercourse.”
Infertility can occur in both women and men. Primary infertility is infertility in a couple who have never had a child, while secondary infertility is failure to conceive following a previous pregnancy. A woman who doesn’t conceive and/or is unable to carry a full-term pregnancy is labeled as infertile.
Causes of infertility in women
Infertility in women is caused by many factors like infections and ageing amongst others like the following:
- High FSH - Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) is a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland in the body. It stimulates follicle growth in the ovary and causes the eggs to mature for fertilization. FSH levels increase with age and high FSH levels in blood can mean that the ovaries are not functioning too well and hence it can be a likely reason for infertility.
- Blocked fallopian tubes - Blocked fallopian tubes or ‘fallopian tube obstruction’ is the biggest reason for infertility in women. We all know that fertilization happens inside the fallopian tubes, so an obstruction here means an absence of fertilization and pregnancy.
- Endometriosis - Women with endometriosis experience a drop in fertility by almost 12-35%. It is a condition where the lining of the uterus starts growing, not in the uterus, but elsewhere in the abdomen i.e. ovaries, fallopian tube and the pelvic area.
- Fibroids- These are non-cancerous tumours inside or around the uterus.
- Age- The biggest reason for infertility in women is their age. If a woman’s age is 35 plus, her ovaries do not function properly and release less eggs, which are not very healthy.
- Hormonal imbalance - These cause ovulatory malfunctions and poor egg development.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a type of hormonal imbalance, which leads to production of excessive male hormones in a woman’s body, thereby causing infertility.
Can Ayurveda boost fertility in women?
According to Ayurveda, infertility arises when ‘shukra dhatu’, which produces eggs in women and sperms in men, is weak due to lack of proper nutrition. This could be due to poor digestion or an absence of a balanced diet or due to the presence of ‘ama’ or toxins in the body.
According to Ayurveda, sexual indulgence and promiscuity can also cause infertility due to the decrease in ‘shukra dhatu’.
Ayurvedic fertility enhancers for women
- Ashoka – It stimulates the endometrium found in the uterus and ovaries and aids in ovulation.
- Lodhra – It cures all female disorders that stop conception and regulates levels of reproductive hormones like FSH and LH, which are essential for conception.
- Shatavari – It nourishes the ovum or egg and enhances fertility as it contains estrogen-like compounds.
- Gokshura – This herb is helpful for both men and women. It works as a fertility tonic in women by stimulating the ovaries and thus cures PCOS, a leading cause of female infertility.
Ayurveda also recommends a diet rich in food items like ghee, milk, almonds, walnuts, sesame and pumpkin seeds to improve overall health and thus enhance levels of ‘shukra dhatu’ in the body. Since ‘vata’ dosha is closely associated with the reproductive system in women, Ayurveda also assigns a lot of value to its regulation for proper ovulation and stress control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.