Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
We had unprotected sex on 23 rd after that she had taken ipill but no bleeding happened next day as mentioned in ipill box. Now her periods dates were on 23 or 25. But now its 27 and there is no sign of period. Is there anything to worry about or any chance of pregnancy? Please guide
Blood pressure is the thrust exerted by the blood against the artery walls or blood vessels. A certain count of blood pressure is necessary for blood circulation, but anything excessive may prove to be trouble. A reading above the count considered normal; 140/90 (mmHg) may induce symptoms, such as short breath, severe headaches, nosebleeds and anxiety.
Any sort of hypertension during pregnancy can take a toll on the baby.
1. Preeclampsia is a condition wherein, the blood pressure peeks high after 20 weeks of conception accompanied by traces of protein in urine and functional disorders in a few organs.
2. Hypertension might often result in the delivery of an underdeveloped (abnormally small size) baby.
3. High blood pressure might also give rise to a complication wherein, one might have to go for Caesarian section rather than a normal vaginal delivery.
4. The placenta detaches itself from the uterine wall much prior to the delivery.
5. Preeclampsia escalates one’s risks of suffering from heart disorders or other cardiovascular diseases.
6. It restricts the blood flow to the placenta (an organ nourishing the baby), thus cutting off adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to the fetus.
Signs and symptoms:
1. Excessive protein content in urine
2. Impaired liver functioning
3. Low urine levels
4. Nausea or vomiting
5. Intense pain and tenderness in the upper abdomen
6. Problems in eyesight such as double vision or temporary loss of vision, light sensitivity and blurriness.
7. Abnormal swelling
8. Persistent and a severe headache
Medications do meddle with pregnancy. However, certain medications are considered safe to be used for keeping blood pressure levels under control. These include Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs) and Renin Inhibitors. However, do consult a doctor to get your dosage administered accurately. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
The Aloe Vera plant is the miracle of nature, having many healing properties to it. The leaves of the plant are where you will find the yellow-colored liquid that can work wonders. You may already know that Aloe Vera gel can be very beneficial to the skin, helping with sunburn, insect bites, rashes, cuts, and the like. The reason is because Aloe Vera is an anti-fungal as well as an anti-bacterial. It also helps with the regeneration of cells. So the application of Aloe Vera gel to the skin can greatly benefit common skin ailments and help in the healing process.
Aloe is a member of the Lily family, yet it is very cactus-like in appearance. Even though there are over 240 species of Aloe there is only three to four recognized as having nutritional value. The main Aloe species used in commercial products is Aloe barbadensis miller.
Knowledge about Aloe healing properties has been passed down from the ancients. It is used both internally and topically and has been well documented to facilitate healing of any kind of skin wounds, burns or scalds, even speeding recovery time after surgery. Situations to try it on include blisters, insect bites, rashes, sores, herpes, athlete's foot, fungus, vaginal infections, conjunctivitis, sties, allergic reactions, and dry skin.
But maybe you didn’t know that Aloe Vera comes in other forms, which also have their own set of benefits. Let’s take Aloe Vera Juice. Here is a short list of what this very healthy juice can do for you.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA JUICE
1. Aids in the elimination of constipation.
2. Aids in digestion and helps with stomachaches and heartburn.
3. Helps to regulate blood sugars.
4. Detoxifies the body and colon.
5. Helps with weight loss by increasing metabolic rate to burn more calories.
6. Improves circulation.
7. Aids in healing damage to internal tissues.
8. Regulates blood pressure.
9. Strengthens immune system.
10. Retards the growth of cancerous tumors.
11. Helps to reduce inflammation.
Side Effects of Drinking Aloe Vera Juice
It is recommended that you drink no more than two to four ounces a day of Aloe Vera Juice . That is the required amount for maintaining health and is all you need. If you take more, you can experience side effects, such as liver dysfunction, nausea and allergic reactions. But if you adhere to the recommended amount per day, you will see the wonderful benefits of this amazing plant.
Aloe is safe when used in moderation but there are a few contraindications. If you have a heart problem and use any kind of conventional medication consult your Naturopathic or Medical doctor before using any Aloe product internally as the interaction may cause irregular heartbeat. Avoid Aloe Vera Juice if you are pregnant, breast feeding, or menstruating as it can cause uterine contractions.
Aloe Vera is also available in supplements, such as tablets and capsules. Just be sure that there are no unhealthy fillers. This is a very quick and easy way to get the beneficial effects of Aloe Vera into your system. If you lead a busy lifestyle and do not have the time to drink Aloe Vera juice, taking the recommended dose in tablet or capsule form will probably work out very well for you.
The health benefits of Aloe Vera are many, and this amazing plant can help you not just on the outside by aiding your skin, but on the inside as well. Be certain to keep some Aloe Vera gel always on hand for skin ailments, especially if you have children. And Aloe Vera juice or supplements are a great way to help your body internally.
After I had a sex within a minute I have a flow of a watery white discharge, there is any problem in my body, my husband said that I have a heat body that's why my husband hormone doesn't entering in my body, Is it True, Please Tell me I am Worried about this, May I have a possibility of Pregnancy, I am married three months before only, if there is a problem please tell me how to avoid a watery white discharge after sex.
Hello, I am 29 years old & my wife is 26 years, my wife met with a mis carriage for the first time, within 1 and half month after conceiving, its of 7 weeks, what is the possible reasons for it? and what are the future preventive measures we have to take before conceiving.
I have been experiencing an itch and swelling on my left labia minora at least twice in a year and lasts for 1 week days with slight pain n little bulge at one area. I use cotton underpants and take enough care not to let detergent touch the area .basically my left side is larger than right. Please do suggest.
We are not planned for kids at the moment, When should I participate in sex after her date, Can you please mention specific time period in a month.
My weight is increasing day by day due to this i'm having other problems too especially menstual problem what to do i'm just 21 now.
Does weight of a women affects in getting pregnant, and if so to what extent. And remaining all health reports are normal. Please explain
I am 23 yrs old. I take emergency contraceptive pill (unwanted72) every month when I hav sexual intercourse. Please advice me alternate or any other birth control pill.
I am 18 years old and I am releasing squirt unnecessarily without any intimation or without any feelings. could you tell me is this is natural or is this a problem? Why girls squirt unnecessarily?
Last year she got delivery of baby girl in month of August, but she do not get monthly period not yet what must do by her. Please tell me.
In periods bleeding is very less from 3 months but periods are regular there is no pcod and thyroid problems noticed in scanning and other tests but gaining weight continuously I am having haemoglobin 9gm why I am not having bleeding and please give me solution for over weight.Please tell.
We store water in all sorts of plastic bottles, jugs or containers. It can be low grade or high grade, but plastic is plastic! This is a very harmful daily practice as plastic containers carry lot of chemicals and bacteria.
Let's see the harmful effects of drinking water in plastic bottles:
1. Harmful Substances: Apart from harmful chemicals in plastic, water when get stored in plastic bottles also produces harmful substances like fluoride, arsenic and aluminium which can be poison for human body. So, drinking water from plastic bottles would mean drinking slow poison that will slowly and steadily deteriorate your health.
2. Dioxin Production: Plastic does melt in hot environment. And we, often store water in plastic bottles while driving and so many times leave it in the car where it is in the direct exposure of sun. Such heating releases a toxin called Dioxin which when consumed can accelerate breast cancer.
3. BPA Generation: Biphenyl A is an estrogen-mimicking chemical which can lead to lot of health problems like diabetes, obesity, fertility problems, behavioural problems and early puberty in girls. It's better not to store and drink water from a plastic bottle.
4. Liver Cancer and Reduced Sperm Count: Because of presence of a chemical called phthalates in plastic, drinking water from plastic bottles can also lead to liver cancer and reduction in sperm count.
5. Vitamin-Based Bottled Water: Nowadays, we get water mostly in plastic bottles and to increase its health content, manufacturers make it vitamin-enriched to attract buyers. But this is even more harmful as it carries health-harming additives like food dyes and high fructose corn syrup.
6. Impact on immune system: Our immune system is immensely affected when we drink water in plastic bottles. The chemicals from plastic bottles are ingested and tend to disturb our body's immune system.
I hope the above reasons are enough for you to think carefully before you drink water from a plastic bottle the next time. If you need more convincing or would like to understand the effects better, feel free to ask me your query.
Also, if you found this helpful, please Share this with people you love and care for.