Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. RavikiranYour feedback matters!
Im diabetic. I was put on insulin since I was and during lactation but now I wld like to switch to oral medicine as im not feeding the baby. Im taking humalog 25.8 units in the morning and 6 in the night and sugar levels are normal with fasting below 110 and PP below 130.
I am 39 year old suffering from uric acid problem from last five years. Iam taking fabuxtat 40 two times a day but suffering from pain. Please give me diet chart for the same to cure this problem.
My age 38 I am sugar patient and blood pressure 160 90 cholesterol total 168 hdl 29 ldl 109 triglycerides 256 I am using glasses 750 mg losnaram 50 mg lipcard 160 using now 2 month bp is now also 160 90 not coming down what to do.
Having bournvita (100 mg) twice a day with hot milk (without sugar added) unhealthy for body. I am 25 years old. And bournvita packaging says it has so much vitamin's and iron.
I am 39 years married male and having diabetes and high BP from last 4 years from last 7 months I am having problem in erection and early discharge. Please suggest some medicine I have started taking tentex royal of himalaya co. And started massage of himoxil cream of himalaya is it useful or not.
Dear sir, I am 37 yrs old suffer from uric acid level 6.7 due to this I am facing problem of sole (leg) pain. How to solve this problem pl. Reply as soon as possible. Thanks.
Not being able to conceive a child can be one of the biggest problems for a woman. Infertility also includes not being able to carry a baby full term. Infertility can have a single cause or can be the result of a combination of factors. In most cases, infertility can be treated but in order to do this, it is essential to first understand the underlying cause of infertility.
Let's take a look at some of the things that could be keeping you from getting pregnant:
- Damaged Fallopian Tubes: Pelvic inflammatory disease can cause inflammation in the fallopian tubes and damage or block them. It can also be the result of a sexually transmitted disease. A blocked fallopian tube will not allow the egg to reach the uterus from the ovaries and hence does not allow you to get pregnant.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes can prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs and can also thicken the lining of the uterus. Excessive stress and a sudden change in weight can disrupt the production of the follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone leading to irregular or absent periods.
- Cervical and Uterine Trouble: This includes abnormalities like fibroids and polyps in the uterus and abnormally shaped uterus. These fibroids could block the fallopian tubes or interfere with the implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Endometriosis: This is a condition where the endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus. It can affect the functioning of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus thus interfering with your chances of conceiving a baby.
Treatment: Treatment for infertility depends on how long you've been infertile, age, the cause of infertility and your preferences.
Some of the ways it can be treated are:
- Fertility Drugs: Fertility drugs are of many types and are often the first step in treating infertility. If the infertility is caused by ovulation disorders, fertility drugs can help regulate or induce ovulation.
- Surgery: Polyps and fibroids that are preventing pregnancy can be removed surgically to treat infertility triggered by them. It can also be used to treat intrauterine scars.
- Intrauterine Insemination: This involves the placement of healthy sperm cells directly in the uterus and is timed to match the release of eggs from the ovaries. This can be used in combination with fertility drugs.
- Assisted Reproductive: In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the most common assisted reproductive technique. This involves collecting eggs and sperm from the women and man and fertilizing the egg with the sperm cells in a laboratory. This fertilized embryo is then implanted in the uterus.