Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. RavikiranYour feedback matters!
My uncle is 50 years old. He is suffering from knee pain often. And he is having diabetes I think so. What to do?
I am 42, and I am suffering from increased rate of uric acid in my foot, please tell me some precautions?
Sugar level in blood increase, more than 200 Also high blood pressure problem Please suggest natural foods to control bp & sugar in blood.
I have thyroid history. I am taking 75 g thyronorm daily. From last 8 months irrespective of 45 minutes daily exercise my weight is not reduced even by 1 kg. Why?
TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3) C.L.I.A 96 ng/dl 60 - 200 TOTAL THYROXINE (T4) C.L.I.A 6.8 μg/dl 4.5 - 12.0 THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH) C.L.I.A 6.51 μIU/ml 0.30 - 5.5 My T3 is 96 T4 is 6.8 with in normal range. But my TSH is 6.51. Please suggest some medicines and other measures for the High TSH.
My wife is 30 years old ,before 05 month she was effected by diabetes ,now her fasting blood sugar is 434 and pp is more than 600. She is taking levemir insulin 20 units at day time, taking volibo 0.03 tablet three time and metmofin two time. My question is how can I reduce sugar level quickly?
Recently I had joint, doctor asked to check serum uric acid. It is 7.37 (fasting. What is the reason behind high serum uric acid. Whether I have to take medicine for life long like sugar. What I have do to maintain serum uric acid within limits without medication. My ht-167cm, wt-62kg. Pl guide me properly.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.