Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RavichandranYour feedback matters!
I have a meniscus tear of my knee. Is there any cure to this or any remedy other than operation as my knee gets blocked and is very painful.
But if the patient is burn from neck to knees and one cheek then which type of surgery is needed and what procedure is required.
I have knee pain every two-three day and it will occur sudden, so tell me the solution what I can do for it.
When I go for run usually I have pain in my knee. It's keep increasing what should I do. Suggest plz.
I am 53 years old female. I have knee pain after I fell on the bathroom and hit on the knee. Please Advise what should I do?
Iam 41/Male.Iam having lot of pain near the knees of my left leg, this pain rises when I climb down from stairs however during climb up there is no pain. Kindly advice
I'm having insomnia. How can I get a better sleep. Tried many things like having milk before bed .etc etc.
My father has got sudden pain on left leg knee. And won't able to walk. Please provide some solutions for this. Thank you. I have share basic information of my father.
I am a 40-year-old female. I have arthritis problem for 2 years. I am not able to walk anywhere. I have serious with my knee. What should I do? How can this disease be treated?
One of the most common ailments the elderly suffer from is arthritis. However, arthritis can affect people of all ages. It is a rheumatic disease as in, it affects joints and bones. It can be of many types and the term covers a number of inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint diseases. Some of the most well-known types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, bone spurs, gout, and osteoarthritis.
The causes of arthritis have not been defined but there are a number of factors that increase a person's chances of getting it. Foremost amongst these is increasing age and excess weight. Arthritic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and lupus are said to be hereditary and linked to certain genes. Sometimes, injuries can also cause arthritic conditions. Misuse of steroids can also result in arthritis.
Here is a look at the most common symptoms of the disease :-
- Pain around the joints is the most well-known symptom of arthritis. Along with pain, you may also notice swollen or stiff joints.
- Increased body temperature around the affected joints and redness in the area is also a symptom of arthritis. These symptoms range from mild to severe, and can be constant or may come and go.
- Everybody suffers from occasional joint pains but if any of the above symptoms persist for a long duration, it is best to consult a doctor. The sooner you seek treatment, the easier it becomes to deal with arthritis. If left untreated for too long, arthritis can result in permanent joint damage.
While there is no single cure for arthritis, it can be effectively controlled if treated in time. Since the type and severity of arthritis differ from person to person, treatment for the same must also be tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Drugs for arthritis can be categorized as those that treat symptoms such as pain and stiffness, and those that suppress inflammatory conditions.
- In some cases, surgery may be advisable.
- Physical therapy and regular exercise are very important when dealing with arthritis.
- It is equally important to eat a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced diet. If you are overweight, try and lose the excess kilos.
- You must also look after your joints to ensure that there is no further degradation of bone or muscle tissue. Avoid staying in one position for a long time, and try and maintain a good posture.
These simple techniques can be very effective when dealing with all types of arthritis.