Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravichandran PYour feedback matters!
Sir my mother is having kidney stone and she is getting operated in this upcoming week. Sir I have checked on internet that after being operated most people again get kidney stone. So I want to know what types of diet should my mother have so that she will not again get this problem.
I have stone from 6-7 years. Please tel me the best treatment for this which can treat very well. Some its vey painful. I can not control it please rply as soon as possible.
From last five im facing burning sensation after urine n feeling frequency urine n I have done all reports n medicine but there is no result please suggest me what 2 do.
Mai ye janana chahta hu ki mai roj pani pita hu to turanat toilet ajata hai. Aur mera urine yellow color ka bhi hota hai kabhi kabhi. To mujhe janana hai ye normal hai ya nhi?
I have just completed my exams 15 days ago. Instead of sleeping peacefully at night with a constant sleep I wake up every night around 4 am due to the urge to urinate. And after which I just call fall asleep. Hence I only sleep for around 3-4 hours every night. What should I do in order to have a good uninterrupted sleep? Please help.
I want to ask ayurvedic doctor. Whether kidney stone of size 1.2 cm can be expelled out by "nerunji mull" juice? I want to avoid operation.
I mom has count of 320 in urine protein. Need help for further move. Mom has sugar and BP and having medicines for past 10 years.
I am 64 yrs old. Since 8-9 days feeling frequency of 7-8 times urination at night. Further feeling heaviness in breathing while walking.
Kidneys stones occur as a result of accumulation of mineral deposits in the kidneys. The size of a kidney stone may vary from person to person and they are noticed only if they create a blockage in the kidney. Apart from the kidneys, they may occur in the urethra, ureters and the bladder. Kidney stones only cause pain when they are pushed into the ureters.
Homeopathy is a system that focuses on treating the cause of the disease and hence is a holistic method of treatment. The various homeopathic remedies for kidney stones are:
- Cantharis: Cantharis is recommended if you experience intense pain while urinating; it also helps if you have a constant urge to urinate. You may also notice blood in the urine.
- Berberis vulgaris: If you suffer from pain in the kidney resulting from the kidney stone located on the left portion of your body, then this remedy is prescribed. You may also experience stiffness in the kidney region in the early hours of the morning. You may also have a bubbling sensation that worsens while moving your body.
- Sarsaparilla: If you are passing white colored deposits in your urine, then sarsaparilla is used to treat the condition. You may also experience intense pain after urinating.
- Lycopodium: Lycopodium is a deep acting remedy that is recommended if you pass red deposits through your urine. You may experience very strong urges to urinate at night along with intense pain in the back that gets better after urinating. The pain from the kidney stones tends to worsen during the afternoon.
- Benzoic acid: If you show symptoms, such as dark brown urine and high uric acid levels in the body, then this remedy is recommended to treat the condition. Benzoic acid also helps in optimizing the levels of uric acid in the body.
- ColoCynthis: This remedy is recommended if you experience intense pain in the urethra while passing stools. You may also pass crystals in your urine.