Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. RavichandranYour feedback matters!
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
I am on medication for more than 15 years for Epilepsy. (Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy). Dosage: Encorate Chrono 500 MG. (Sodium Valporate. Valporate Acid)
I m suffering from migraine and I have stopped taking medicine should I start taking medicine though my headache is severe. please tell me the precautions I should take and the remedies?
I am 67 years old and have under control levels diabetic, cholesterol and b. P. Some months back I had mild giddiness when I tilted my head downwards. Doctor prescribed medicine like stemmatil mild dose and dvised it due to old age when enough blood may not be going to brain and advised caution as the best cure to avoid downward jerks to head. Please give me second opinion and would you suggest a brain scan to know more.
My brother aged about 25 years met an accident while he was riding on a bicycle. Moped bike hit him, on the spot he fell down, lost his consciousness and vomited, fresh blood continuously bleeding from the right ear for past 3 days, immediately he was admitted in reputed SVIMS hospital in India and the doctors did CT scan and they haven't come to the conclusion what to do, i.e either operation to be done or not, and the doctors were giving steroids and NS frequently, whenever he comes out form drouzy he shouting with pain, and MRI also done today and waiting for reports hence, I request you that, pls let us know that what might be his head condition? And what is the best prevention.
My wife aged 50 yrs is suffering from chronic pain in leg back muscles during sleeping hours, pain in shoulders back of neck sometimes numbness in palm and thai awaking in morning and standing is painful test relating to uric acid, blood sugar, thyroid, anti ccp, hemoglobin are normal and blood pressure are also normal but the above problems are prevailing, please Advice me for her proper treatment.
I am suffered form heavy headache from mny months and I doubt its from migraine what can I do now and which tablets are taken for this.
I have bells palsy for past four years. I'm taking treatment on sidhha. But including that now am in under the treatment of physiotherapy. After this I feel very bad. I think that there is a problem with my physiotherapy treatment. I don't know whether this is a correct treatment or not. But I have to know that there is any complications with my physio treatment?
Dear Doctor Numbness of both feet with a gap of a week between the starting of in both feet, since 6 years. Soles are totally numb. Gait affected very very minimally. No motor power loss.No continences, can drive a car and also a two wheeler. Not a hypertensive or a Diabetic. Aged 86 years. Never had any major illnesses except an attack of chichen pox and enteric fever with a relapse in my younger adult hood. Married and having 5 children aghed 56 to46, all healthy. Your help please.
I Had acute embolic infarct left side stroke. Narrow escape because of immediate hospitalisation. Please advise for future life.
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.