Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RavichandranYour feedback matters!
Psoriasis appears as patches of silvery scales or red areas on the legs, knees, arms, elbows, scalp, ears and back. Toes and fingernails can lose their luster and develop ridges and pits. Often hereditary, this condition is linked to a rapid growth of cells in the skin’s outer layer. These growths on the epidermis never mature. Whereas a normal skin cell matures and passes from the bottom layer of the skin to the epidermis in the bout 28 days, psoriatic cells from in about eight days, causing scaly patches that spread to cover larger and lager areas. The condition is not contagious.
Psoriasis generally follows a pattern of periodic flare- ups alternating with periods of remission, most commonly beginning between the ages of fifteen and twenty- five. Among other things, attacks can be triggered by nervous tension, stress, illness, injury, surgery, cuts, poison ivy, viral or bacterial infection, sunburn, overuse of drugs, lithium, and beta- blockers a type of medication frequently prescribed for experience an associated arthritis that is similar to rheumatoid arthritis and that is difficult to treat.
- Eat a diet that is composed of 50 percent raw foods and includes plenty of fruits, grains, and vegetables include fish in the diet as well.
- Get plenty of dietary fiber. Fiber is critical for maintaining a healthy colon. Many fiber components, such as apple pectin and psyllium husks, are able to bind to bowel toxins and promote their excretion in the feces. Also follow the program for colon cleansing. A clean colon is very important.
- Use fish oil, flaxseed oil, or primrose oil supplements. They contain ingredients that interfere with the production that promotes the inflammatory acid a natural substance that promotes the inflammatory response and makes the lesions of psoriasis turn red and swell. Red meat and dairy products contain AA. Avoid these foods.
- Apply seawater to the affected area with cotton several times a day.
- Use cold-pressed flaxseed, or soybean oils.
- Do not consume citrus fruits, fried foods, processed foods, saturated fats (found in meat and dairy products), sugar, or white flour.
I have some itching sensation in lower legs. More on night time. I scratched it with nail it became infected now and skin damaged more. Please suggest medicine for that.
I am 34 years old. I have suffering from itches in the body especially under arms please suggest me.
My hair fall is having from last two years. I tried many shampoo and many hair oils. But I didn't get any solution. So please give me right solution.
Eczema is a medical condition of the skin which usually happens to infants and children but can happen to grown-ups as well. It can be identified by dryness, small red bumps, scaling of the skin, inflammation, flaking, blistering or thickening of the skin.
Some natural ways you can treat eczema at home are:
1. Magnesium supplements: magnesium is an important mineral for our skin. Usually if there is a deficiency, one gets eczema. Magnesium bath does wonder to eczema and can be done by mixing a cup of epsom salt of magnesium flake, 10 to 15 drops of essential oils, half teaspoon of natural vanilla extract and half a cup of sea or himalayan salt.
2. Rub coconut oil: coconut oil has antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which makes it a good option to use on the affected areas. Rub the oil on the affected areas in gentle strokes and massage lightly. You can do this up to 3-4 times in a day.
3. Apply aloe vera: aloe vera is probably the best natural product to use on your sin. Applying a bit of aloe vera on the affected area and letting it absorb into the skin, for a few hours every day is a good idea.
4. Use almond leaves: almond leaves, if crushed and made into a thick paste with water, can be applied on the affected areas of the skin.
5. Have green tea: drinking green tea is also said to be helpful in curing eczema. The anti-oxidants green tea is famous for assists the body in fighting against skin inflammation.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.