Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi Shekar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi ShekarYour feedback matters!
Respected Doctors:- Question for my daughter:-14 Year old girl (Height 156 cm Weight 46Kg). Every day morning, she is getting sneezing continuously for around 8-10 times within 15 minutes. Also one of the eye gets reddish. When we asked our local doctor, doctor told both sneezing and eye reddishness are only due to an allergy. Doctor told to put a eye drop OLOPAT OD and another eye drop HICool (one after the other after 10 minutes) for one month for curing the redness. For the sneezing trouble, doctor prescribed a tablet Mont air for 10 days. We have put eye drops for 1 month and she has taken the tablet Mont air for 10 days. But still she is getting eye reddishness, even after one month now. Sometimes the reddishness disappear without any medicine, after few hours. Since this issue is continuing, I would like to know (1) What would be possible cause for this issue. (2) Do we need to really worry and take care about this immediately? What is the name for this kind of allergy?(3) Could you please kindly let me know any eye tests to be taken to identify the real issue. Thanks a lot for your kind suggestion/help.
A part of the lymphatic system, tonsils work hand in hand with the body’s immune system. Some reasons for enlarged tonsils are as follows:
Common cold (viral)
Enlarged tonsils can cause various health problems if left untreated. Often, tonsil infections can result in vomiting symptoms—something not quite treatable using traditional and allopathic medicinal practices which often look to surgery to remove the tonsil and provide relief.
Homeopathy is gaining popularity in treating kids with enlarged or infected tonsils. The homeopathic approach acknowledges the tonsil as an integral part of the body’s immune system and thus discourages surgical treatments of tonsil related problems. Homeopathic medicines are safe and can be used for prolonged periods without any side effects.
The homeopathic approach to enlarged tonsils works in the following way:
They bring down the size of the tonsil back to normal thus converting the tonsil from its unhealthy enlarged state to its normal, healthy one.
They enhance the immunity and resistance to allergic reactions/attacks from exposure to allergens.
They reduce the occurrence and frequency of common cold and influenza.
Cases have been recorded when traditional and allopathic approaches to tonsil infection failed and the patient was saved due to homeopathic treatment.
Hi my baby girl is 50 days old. Having fever since last 7 days. Doctor has given paracetamol drops and asked to give 4 times a day. There is was no improvement after two days so we visited doctor again he suggested to wait for four days with same medicines and come after that. Now after 5 days fever is continue. Kindly suggest, should I wait further.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should visit an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and cause problems in hearing in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir my son is 10 year old. He is not eating food any time. I am consulting many doctor but no improvement. Please suggest me what we do.
Hello, my baby girls is just completed 40 days and every 3rd day at night she couldn't sleep and she keep crying so can you tell me why she is behaving like this?
Epilepsy is a common neurology problem. We need to have proper diagnosis and treatment. The medications need to be taken very regularly. Make sure to sleep for at least 6 to 7 hours.