Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi RamalingamYour feedback matters!
Bone in my right nostril has displaced little bit. As I checked on net it seems like nasal septum deviation or may be growth of nose bone. It's been 2 years since the problem is. It is not giving me trouble as such. I can breathe normally. But I would like to tell that I do have problem of mucus too much. Especially in winter season I do have too much mucus.
I am suffering from sinus problem since last 1 years as soon as dust or cold gets in conditions go bad is there any cure?
I have severe nose problem. After 10 I has to take otrivin spray to open my nose. And at sleeping time the condition became worst. I had taken some medicines rested to it, medicine work until it's course period. I also had tried jal neeti kriya but the water makes by nose inner swollen worst and I fell more problem in taking breath from my nose. What could done by me more doctor?
Mereko naak m kaan m ankh m khujli hoti h or khashi atti h, mje kya diet leni chahiye Jo y thik ho jaye.
I am having a pain in my throat. I feel it is due to gerd as acid reflux is also present could you advice me the treatment.
My left ear itches frequently during the last 6months. I used to use ear buds to clean my ear so due to it. The problem might had happened. So suggest me any medicine to cure.
Hello Mam Good evening Mam mere gale me last 3.mahene se khraas ho rahi hai aur ab saans lene me dokkat ho rahi hai Kabhi 2 to right gaal aur gale me dard rahta hai jo kabhi kaan ke pass bhi chala jata hai aur balgam bhi pani jesa aaraha hai o bhi bahut kam Meri age 36 year hai Pls help me.
I am suffering from sneezing, fever and illness, yesterday night certain blood occurs from my nose but it is only ones at that time. what I have to do?
I am suffering from dry and smelly cough for last 15 days. Last year also suffering from this problem. I feel in my nose one side more space n other side little space. At early morning and mid night it's hard to take breathing.
I have a problem that my nose produces mucus for a full year and more in winter season. I am tried to have a hanky all day. Please help what should I do to get rid of this. Tell me about some good medicines.
I snore during the sleep and some time it's very noisy. Please tell me what are the cause of this and suggest me proper treatment.
I am suffering from vertigo since last 4 months the reason being not yet figured out.Usually I feel good when I wake up with nothing at all but as they day proceeds the vertigo increases. Sometimes I feel fullness in my ears with a sensation of closed ears while speaking.I am also having a choked nose since then.I am not into any medication for this since the problem is not yet figured out.
Hearing is an essential process in everyone's life. Be it your social life or professional activities, hearing influences every aspect of your life. You can thus, never ignore the health of your ears to enjoy a healthy life. But there are several hindrances to obstruct effective hearing. One of the problems is the accumulation of a natural substance called cerumen produced by the glands present in the ear canal. The accumulated cerumen is medically referred to as Earwax. Over production of cerumen is mainly triggered by the deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and magnesium.
The basic function of the wax is to protect the ear canal from invasion by foreign particles like bacteria and dust particles. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the ear and its protection from invaders. However, it becomes an irritating problem when the earwax is produced in excess. The problem aggravates when the ear canal is blocked due to accumulation of earwax. In such cases, we use certain objects such as bobby pins, Q-tips or cotton swabs to clean the accumulated earwax from the ear canal. What we do not realise is that pricking the wax using these objects can sometime cause significant damage to the ear. These objects push the wax deep inside the canal, leading to blockage.
The most common symptoms of excessive earwax are as follows:
- Developing a fullness feeling in the ears
- Loss of hearing on temporary basis
- Noises inside the ear
Here are the preventive measures to remove ear wax blockage:
- In order to prevent blockage of ear wax, try keeping it moist by frequently running water into your ear while taking a bath. This will prevent the ear wax from getting dried up so that it doesn’t get blocked in the ear canal. Make sure, you drain the water from the ear after running it for some time.
- Don’t use any pointed objects inside the ears as it can cause ear infection while pushing the wax deeper.
- Avoid inserting cotton swabs or ear buds into the ear canal. You can use them to remove exposed ear wax at the ear opening, but don’t push them deep inside the ear canal. It can push the excess ear wax inside the ear canal, thereby resulting in to an impact.
- Don’t use candle ear wax remover. Ear candles are another method to remove ear wax, but it can be really dangerous as you need to hold the lighted candle very close to your ear. It can even burn your ear.
- Don’t use cold water or a strong jet to drain out the excess ear wax. Strong jet can lead to the damage of the ear drum while cold water may result into dizziness.
- Avoid using any other method to remove ear wax at home, such as suction.
- Don’t use any type of acidic liquid in order to soften the ear wax.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good for mitigating the problem of ear wax. So, include walnuts, avocados, salmon, albacore and ground flax seed in your diet.
- Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after using home remedies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.