Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi KumarYour feedback matters!
My left eye become reddish and swallowed and there is little pain above eyebrow. Please prescription medicine.
Hello sir I have some problem relative to hair and skin don't know how sir I m just 21 year old but my some hair are white and eyes me bhi jalan rahti h thodi what can I do improve this problem.
Hi I am unable to learn in my class. I am very dull in my class can you help me to learn and get good number in my class please help me.
I am 14 years old and have rashes near my private areas. What should I do? Please prescribe some cream or medicine. I have tried sofradex and kz for relief. With 1Al for allergy.
My eye power is increasing continuously. Currently it is -3.75. I want to know how can I reduce the power or atleast stop it from increasing further?
I have same kind problem my Leaver problem no digest problems and I have eyes problem long distance no seen.
I have to sit for 4 to 6 hours in front of my laptop due to work. What do I do to protect my eyes from damaging?
I am suffering from eye pain from last one week. I am having headaches too. What could probably be the reason?
My father 64 years old has edima in eyes. He has been through 2 doses of avastin and 3 doses of ozurdex in both left and right eye, still the edema comes back. What could be the reason? he is diabetic but blood sugar levels are very much under control. Protein loss through kidneys have also been tested and no such exists, please advice.
Hi, My father has glaucoma problem. 1 month back surgery was done. But still his eye pressure is not controlled (24). What is the solution for this? Please help me. Thanks
I am 22 year old male. Last two days my eyes becomes reddish color and feeling of irritation and itchiness and my right eye normal. No problem. But, left eye severe affected. Also growth like mass is present nasal side of left eye. I use some eye drops. No improvement. Still irritation present. No blurring of vision. It is very severe problem or just cure itself. Also use some eye drops. It needs any surgical treatment for remove small growth like mass. It causes any vision loss problem. Or just use eye drops enough for me. Some times my both eyes becomes reddish color after bathing. What is reason of that. It needs any treatment or somebody says its normal. Just cure itself. Burt, now my both eyes particularly left eye severely affected. Which is the best treatment for red eye?
For last few days I am having problem in my eye. In right eye upper eye-lid is swollen and getting pain regular and while touching. Getting problem while eyelid gets down.
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.