Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raveenthar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RaveentharYour feedback matters!
Superficial vein has been cut in before 8 month ago. The operation is successful .The treatment is going on. I try to find a job in abroad any problems comes in medical check up.
Summer often brings in a host of problems, the scorching heat can sometimes burn and tan your skin. The humidity can cause you to sweat, making your skin accumulate grime, dirt and increase your chances of getting skin infections. Avoiding the sun by staying indoors or using an umbrella is a good option, but not always a practical possibility. According to ayurveda, summer is the season when the sun is strong and increases heat in the body, which is one of the main causative factors of skin problems. So you not only need to beat the outside heat, but find a way to keep your body cool from the inside heat too. Some of the common problems in summer include sunburn, redness, irritation, rashes and acne outbreaks. Here are some ways ayurveda can help:
Start by knowing your skin type in ayurveda:
- Vata skin: this is characterized by dry, thin, delicate skin that is cool to touch and easily gets dehydrated. It can be flaky and has a tendency to age faster.
- Pita skin: this is characterized by skin that is fair, sensitive, soft and warm. It is prone to freckles and moles and can break into rashes, acne or sunspots when out of balance.
- Kapha skin: it tends to have all the qualities of water and earth - it can be oily, thick, pale, soft, cool and more tolerant of the sun. On the flip side, people with kapha skin may have dull complexion, excessive oil, pimples and suffer from water retention.
- Combination types: can include vata-pitta (both dry and sensitive) kapha-pitta (oily and sensitive) and vata-kapha (dry with some oily zones).
Ayurveda tips you must follow:
- Go for aloe vera sun screen: If you can't avoid the sun, then the next best thing to do is protect yourself. According to ayurveda, increased exposure to hot, sharp and penetrating rays of the sun causes pitta dosha and prolonged exposure also leads to increase in vata, which causes drying of skin. To prevent this, buy a good quality aloe vera sunscreen.
- Try herbal tea for hydration: During summer, it goes without saying that you need to stay hydrated throughout the day with a good 8 glasses of water. But other than that, you can up your intake of warm liquids like herbal tea made of ginger and lemon which will keep you digestion healthy and skin glowing. A number of flavored herbal teas are available in the market too. From peach to hibiscus, each flavor offers a good set of benefits.
- Try herbal deep oil massage: Time to take your skin's hydration to the next level. An oil massage is the best remedy for dry skin. Apricot oil applied 2-3 times a week at night can make your skin smooth and supple. Turn on the" heat" by asking your partner to give you a full oil massage which can improve blood circulation, lymph drainage and your romantic life for sure.
I am 24 years aged girl. I hav got a small dark brownish spot on the leg may be burnt due to waxing. So I want to consult a skin doctor for how to remove that spot. Please suggest any cream to apply on it.
I accidentally got a splash of windshield washer fluid on my face. I came to know that it contains methanol. Although I do not have any specific symptoms but I am still worried.
Skin problem: the area beside my eyes have darkened a lot. People are able to notice it from a distance.
Hello, I am Shruti Kohli. I am a consultant Dermatologist in cosmetologist in Sarvodaya Hospital, Sec-8, Faridabad. Also, I have a clinic in Sec- 15, Faridabad by the name of Crimson Clinic. I have been practising from last 12 years.
Today, I am going to talk about the "summer skin care tips".
- Use sunscreen before stepping out in the sun, that is the most important preventive step anyone can take in the summer season. The sun screen should be minimum SPF of 15 and should protect against both UVA and UVB.
- Apply the sunscreen 15 minutes prior to go to the sun. And it can be applied after every 3-4 hours.
- The sun also has a bad effect on the lips. In order to protect them, you can moisturize them by applying lip balm with SPF of 15, as and when required.
- For the face cleaning, I would recommend a gentle exfoliating face wash containing glycolic acid, which will help to remove a dead skin as well as the harmful effect of sweat and pollutants from your skin.
- After cleansing of the skin, it is important to use light water base moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
- Avoid heavy creams and oils as the skin breakouts.
- If you are exposed to the sun for long period, then aloe vera gel is recommended, as it is a soothing and cooling agent. also it has antioxidant properties. It can also prevent damaging of the skin of free radicles.
- Aloe vera can also be used a cooling mask occasionally.
- I would recommend washing off yourself twice daily with cold water, in order to remove the pollutants.
- Also, use a white broad hat to protect your skin, especially the skin of your face. Or you can use an umbrella while being exposed to the sun.
- Eat plenty of watermelon and muskmelon daily.
- There are certain foods which give inherent protection against the sun. These include tomatoes, berries, citrus fruits, nuts which contain Vitamin C.
- And the last is, hydrate yourself regularly. drink atleast 12-15 glass of water daily for a glowing, youthful and healthy skin. Coconut water also works well and is recommended in your daily routine.
Summer will be fun if you follow the simple tips given by me. You can contact me for any skin related problem, through Lybrate or you can also take a direct appointment in my clinic which is in Sec-15 A, by the name of Crimson clinic.
Eating right not only keeps you healthy but can also make you look prettier and give you clearer skin. Given that the skin is the largest organ in the human body, it is where deficiencies are most noticeable. Here are a few foods that can enhance your looks.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is packed with proteins and amino acids that help repair skin cells and keep your skin looking fresh. Amino acids also help banish dark circles that may appear after a long night.
- Kidney beans: Kidney beans and legumes are packed with proteins that help repair cell damage caused by free radicals. They also help break down amino acids that can then boost collagen production and help in the repair and regeneration of skin cells.
- Pomegranates: These fruits are rich sources of anti-oxidants and help get rid of toxins from the body. They are also responsible for increasing the body’s production of collagen. By boosting collagen levels, pomegranates help slow down the aging process.
- Avocados: This green fruit can be both eaten and applied on the face to benefit from it. It is a rich source of biotin that helps prevent brittle nails and hair and keeps skin well moisturized. When applied as a face mask, avocados can also hydrate parched skin.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich in polyphenols that help eradicate free radicals from the body and slow down the aging process. It’s anti-oxidant properties also keep skin elastic and prevent sagging, fine lines, wrinkles and heal the damage caused by sunspots.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and are considered to be a high carotenoid fruit which helps prevents sunburn and relieves the damage caused by excessive exposure to the sun. Tomatoes can also slow down the cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- Salmon: Salmon is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids that help fight stress and the effects of stress. The astaxanthin present in salmon improves the elasticity of skin thus keeping it firm and preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Walnuts: For vegetarians, walnuts are an excellent alternative to salmon. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that helps keep the skin looking youthful and add shine to your hair.
- Water: Hydrating the skin from inside and outside is essential. Water helps the skin maintain its tautness and elasticity and prevents drying and premature signs of aging. Water also helps transport essential nutrients to the skin. Apart from drinking water it is also beneficial to eat foods with a high water content such as cucumbers and watermelon to benefit from the hydrating properties of water.
- Oysters: Oysters are rich in zinc that helps regulate oil production in the skin. In turn this makes the skin less prone to acne breakouts and other such skin irregularities.