Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raveendran S
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Raveendran SYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my right knee, month ago my blood was checked. It was a vitamin d deficiency. What should I do.
I have a lower femur fracture (lower third shaft) of right leg for which it was fixed by a plate screw on 22.7.2016. The fracture is under way of healing and some small gaps are left right now. Major parts were filled with callous. Now I am walking with the help of walker not too much but only for my daily activities. BUT I AM FEELING PROBLEM IN BENDING OF MY KNEE OF AFFECTED LEG. PHYSIOTHERAPY IS GOING ON SINCE 01 MONTHS BUT IT IS BENDING NOT MORE THAN 45 DEGREE AND WHEN PRESSED HARD IT BENDS 50-60 DEGREE. WHAT COULD I DO TO BEND MY KNEE 90 DEGREE. WILL IT PROBLEM IN HEALING PROCESS OF MY LEG OR WALKING. PL SUGGEST. CAN I USER ELBOW CRUTCH IN STEAD OF WALKER AT THIS STAGE.
Dear sir, I am having some numbness in my penis since 1 month. My erection is also not as much as it was before. Ejaculation speed and time is also reduced. I think I am involved in too much masturbation. When my penis is erect, while masturbation I do not feel some part of penis bottom side. Kindly suggest if it is possible due to over masturbation. I am also having slip disc in L4-L5 and L5-S1. Is it possible to have it due to slip disc. If it is not and it is due to over masturbation, is it curable? Sir, I am very depressed. Please help me.
A broken bone is medically termed as a fracture.Fractures are linked with age as bones tend to become weak as one ages, so, the chances of a fracture occurring also increases. Fractures are usually classified into four types-
1. Closed fracture - In this type of fracture, the breaking of the bone does not result in an open wound
2. Open fracture- The opposite of closed fracture, the bone breaks through the skin. This may result in infections
3. Non-displaced fracture - in this type of fracture, the bone cracks but is not shifted out of its regular position.
4. Displaced fracture - A displaced fracture occurs when the affected bone is shifted out of its natural position.
Fractures can be caused by a number of factors, they are
1. Road accidents
2. When someone falls from a height
3. When the bone is directly exposed to a strong blow
4. When the bone is exposed to a repetitive force from activities such as sprinting
5. Osteoporosis, which is a condition where the bones become weak
6. The bones in the body tends to weaken with age, so at this time they become highly susceptible to fractures
1. Swelling in the area accompanied by pain
3. Muscle spasms
4. The affected area may also become numb
The first step to diagnose a fracture is the knowing about the medical history of the patient and conducting a physical exam. The diagnosis is further confirmed by using imaging tests such as -
1. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - In this procedure, images of internal body parts are taken with the help of a magnetic field and pulses of radio energy. MRIs can pick up signs of fractures very quickly, that is within the first week of injury. It is also easier to distinguish fractures from other related injuries in case of MRI.
2. X-rays -X-rays are a procedure that involves sending x-ray particles through an area to detect a fracture. Signs of a fracture may take several weeks to show up in x-rays.
3. Bone scan - In bone scans, some radioactive material is put inside the body through intravenous methods. These material tend to accumulate in the fractured area which then shows up in the images as a bright spot. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.