Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashida
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RashidaYour feedback matters!
We are not able to have intercourse due to immense pain experienced by my wife. Is it normal. Can my wife conceive without penetration?
The after effects of any surgery can be harsh on the body. Post knee replacement surgery, one will need to remain in a straight and relaxed position for a long time due to the bed rest prescribed by the orthopaedic specialist. Yet, it is important to carry out some kind of activity after the surgery so as to make the knee strong, firm and ready to be normal again.
Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that can help post knee replacement patients:
- Pumps and Circles: Ankle pumps and circles should be done in sets of ten per direction. This can help in ensuring that the blood circulation and nerve function normalise within no time after the surgery. This action is especially helpful because it affects the heels, calves and leg muscles before reaching the knee. Ensure that you rotate each foot clockwise and the counter clockwise.
- Thigh Squeeze: The thigh squeeze is an excellent want to ensure that you are working the muscles of the legs without putting undue pressure on the knees. This is especially helpful when you have been advised bed rest. This motion involves squeezing and releasing the thighs so that there is some amount of firmness that is being built along with strength and stamina. You can hold the squeeze for five to ten seconds before you relax and try again.
- Heel Slide: The heel slide is a good option for those who are going through bed rest. This exercise ensures that you work your knee in a suitable way as the bending motion gets the knee to get used to being functional again. Due to the posture of the patient, this does not put pressure on the knee. Slowly bring your heel up, stop and then slide it down. Repeat at least ten times for each knee before increasing it to twenty times.
- Kicks: While you are lying down, you can render small kicks into the air. Repeat at least ten times for each leg before increasing it gradually to twenty kicks per leg. This should be done when you are lying flat on your back. This exercise can help in flexing and strengthening your quadriceps. Hold the kick for at least five to ten seconds before you relax and repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting Flex: You can also sit in a chair and flex your knee, holding the leg out in front of you for at least five to ten seconds, before slowly bringing it down and lifting again. This will help in strengthening the thigh and knee to a great extent.
You will need to exercise regularly in order to recover well after a knee replacement procedure.
When I get inside in her she used to get jalan on her vagina and we are not able to do sex for more then 2 min so please provide me a solution for that
Female condoms are generally pouches made of latex and polyurethane, which are used by women during sex in order to prevent pregnancy and thereby reduce the chances of infection by sexually transmitted diseases. Each end of these pouches are made of rings that are flexible. They should be inserted deep inside the vagina before sex is initiated and held in the position by utilizing the rings available at the closed end while the rings which are at the open end remain outside the vagina during sex.
Even though it can be safely used by most people, some women would find female condoms to be an inappropriate form of contraception and would not feel comfortable with their genital areas being touched. Thus, it is very important that the appropriate form of contraception be considered for you and your partner. Condoms should be used correctly. In case of need for extra protection, other options of contraception should be considered.
Pros of female condoms:
- Since the exchange of bodily fluids, such as semen and vaginal fluid is prevented, female condoms aid in offering protection against many sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV.
- Condoms can prove to be reliable pregnancy averting methods if they are properly and consistently used.
- Female condoms are only needed during the time of sex. Any form of advance preparation is not required, hence making them suitable for unplanned sex.
- Prescriptions are not needed
- The condoms are usually small in size, disposable as well as easy to carry
- Usually, using condoms does not show any medical side effects.
- Insertion of female condoms can be done up to a duration of eight hours before sex. The responsibility for utilizing condoms properly should be shared by the woman as well as the partner.
Cons of female condoms:
- Even though condoms are generally very strong, they are prone to splitting or tearing in case of improper use.
- Availability of female condoms pales in comparison to the male counterparts and they are usually more expensive.
- The outer ring might produce a cumbersome feeling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.