Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RaseedhaYour feedback matters!
The word 'surgery' is often dreaded by most patients. Be it an invasive oral surgery or a keyhole gallbladder surgery, it does not evoke a ready 'yes' in most patients. There are too many patients who are ready to be on long-term medications if they could to avoid the surgery and its complications. While there could be swelling, bruising, tingling and many other symptoms, the one feared by most is the postoperative pain. What happens after the effect of the anesthetic wears off can leave many patients in a very anxious and fearful state. The trick is to prepare oneself not just for the surgery but for the after effects.
Before the surgery, a detailed discussion with the doctor on the following is very important:
- List of medications: Complete list of medications include supplements so that the medications used during and after surgery to avoid any potential drug interactions
- Type and severity of the pain: This will help you anticipate and be prepared for the pain after the surgery.
- Pain tolerance/threshold: Letting your doctor know your tolerance levels can help them prescribe an appropriate pain killer
After the surgery, the following are some ways to cope with the pain:
- Pain killers - Don't wait for the anesthesia effect to completely wear out. Take the painkiller much before the pain starts so that the onset of pain is delayed or nullified. For severe cases, opioids may be used to manage immediate postoperative pain. However, in most cases, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen are used. They may also be used up to a few days after surgery to ease the pain and inflammation, depending on the type of surgery.
- Topical creams/lotions - In cases involving skin incisions, these help reduce the pain in the skin along the incision.
- Compression stockings - In addition to reducing blood clot, they also reduce pain in the legs.
- Physiotherapy - If there is a joint involved, doing physiotherapy after surgery is extremely beneficial. In addition to reducing pain, they also help improve mobility.
- Sleep - Sufficient sleep (more than you normally would) promotes healing and helps your ability to cope with the pain.
- Heating pads and ice packs - If these are your regular remedies for pain, feel free to use them even in postsurgical pains.
- Reduce Stress - This will help you cope better with the pain and heal faster.
A given patient and a given surgery are a unique combination. No two patients will react the same way to a particular surgery. Postsurgical pain can be managed very effectively with a little planning.
Hi. I'm 46 years old working professional. And am going through pre menopause symptoms. Periods are irregular since last 2 years. I have gained 10 KGS weight over last 4 years. I currently weigh 74 kgs and I need advise on diet n weight management.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
I have problem with monthly periods come in 10 to 7 days in advance. Could you please suggest my problem. Age 29 yrs.
Hello Doctor My wife period date is my first night day. So provide some solution for this and what can be the side effect.
Dear Concern, I am married man and now passed the 1 & half year but my wife hasn't pregnant rightnow what wrong we did I dont know I dont know the right time for sex. Means after wife mens what right time to sex and when should be stop. Please give suggestion.
I have varicose vein in legs. It is getting improved. But my problem is doctors are giving me tb medication. So for 4 months it will last. I want to plan baby. Can I plan. I am heavy weight. My age is 28 yrs. What to do. My periods flow is regular but medium flow is there. It last for only 2-3 days.
My wife has cesarean delivery 2 months earlier. Her period is not yet start. So what should I do for safe sex. We do not want baby for 3 years. Advice appropriately.
I have gone through laparoscopy for fibroids and endometriosis in dec 16, now I have got low AMH level. Please suggest if there is any treatment to improve reproductive health.
Modern society is getting rid of communicable diseases like malaria, typhoid, cholera, measles, chickenpox etc. Diseases of 21st century are ncds like diabetes, hypertension, obesity, cholesterol, coronary artery diseases, stroke and mental illnesses.
Do consultant family physician for these ncds. It is most important to do preventive health check up' every year once you cross 40 years.