Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjini KumariYour feedback matters!
Hello mine 8 month is going to be completed and I have taken stiches in 4 month but now it's paining me a lot . Why?
Hi doc. I used precaution bt April 1st itself I got abortion na so is it good to have sex now. thanks.
Meri breast pe pain hota hai or lump feel hota tha ishiliye breast USG kiya usme results aaya Fibroadenosis both breasts. Or ishiliye ESR test vi karwaya or ESR test ko leke main bohat scared hun. Main 22 saal ki women hun. please meri ESR report dekhke batayiye meri ESR high kyun hai? REPORT--- 1) ESR (ERY THROCYTE SEDIMENATION RATE), EDTA WHOLE BLOOD - 1st Hour 26 mm/hr. please jaldi batayiye main kya karu? Kahin main maar toh nehi jayungi? Help Me.
Doing breast massage while period is good or not? What is the best time for breast growth and how it can be enhanced? And also suggest some ways for breast growth. I am 21 years old.
While I go to toilet blood comes out along with it. If I consume cremaffin syrup, it stops for about 2 days or so. Please help me. I eat a lot of polo chocolates.
Is KY personal gel lubricant is good, to be used on condoms and during intercourse? Suggest the best water based lubs for intercourse and to apply on condoms.
We are trying to pregnancy conceive but after ejaculate sperm into vagina immediately white thickness coming out from vagina is this problem to conceive pregnancy.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.
I've fibroid in my uterus and I'm also pregnant. please tell me Is any complications in my delivery time. My due date is June 18th. My doctor said that I've 95% cesarian chance. Is it true.
There are two methods by which abortion can be done:
- Medical Abortion - Non-surgical abortion in which medicines are used to induce abortion
- Surgical Abortion - Use of transcervical procedures for terminating a pregnancy, including vacuum aspiration, and dilatation and evacuation (D and E).
Surgical or Medical Abortion for Unwanted Pregnancy
- If pregnancy is lesser than = 7 weeks; medical method with Mifepristone with Misoprostol is favorable as the success rate is as high as 97%.
- If pregnancy is between 7-12 weeks; surgical abortion is the only option.
- If pregnancy is beyond 12 weeks - 20 weeks, then the woman needs to be hospitalized and will be given either Mifepristone followed by Misoprostol tablet or only Misoprostol tablets and woman will then abort like a miscarriage in the hospital. If any products are remaining, then it will be evacuated surgically.
Surgical abortion is preferred if patient desires concurrent tubal ligation or IUCD (CuT) insertion. If a woman fulfills the criteria for selecting either method i.e. before 7 weeks, final choice has to be given to the woman.
Summary of choice between Surgical or Medical abortion in India
- Lesser than = 7 weeks - Medical method or surgical method
- 7-12 weeks - Surgical abortion
- 12 - 20 weeks - Medicines with or without surgical procedure in hospital
Advantages of Medical Abortion
- Avoid surgery - Controlled by the woman and may take place at home
- No need for admission to the hospital
- Usually, well tolerated by women, if properly counselled and motivated
- No need to take leave from work, as bleeding can be managed with menstrual pads even while in the office or at work.
Disadvantages of medical abortion
- Takes time (hours to days) to complete abortion, and the timing may not be predictable. Women experience bleeding and cramping, and potentially some other side-effects (nausea, vomiting, fever, and shivering). May require more clinic visits than surgical abortion.
Advantages of Surgical Abortion
- Quick procedure
- Complete abortion easily verified by evaluation of aspirated products of conception
- Takes place in a hospital so Sterilization or placement of an intrauterine device (IUD) may be performed at the same time as the procedure. It can be performed under local anaesthesia if woman is properly motivated and counselled
Disadvantages of surgical abortion
- Requires instrumentation of the uterus
- Small risk of uterine or cervical injury
- Timing of abortion controlled by the doctor and hospital
- Anaesthesia needs to be administered. Most doctors perform this procedure under short general anaesthesia. A woman needs to be in the hospital for at least 6 hours. Effect of sedation will be there throughout the day.
I had sex 10 days before. And now I missed my period. I want to know if there is any way to avoid pregnancy without having and abortion by using only pills.
This is a painful condition of the elbow affecting children below the age of 5 years. It is caused by a pull on the arm with the forearm in a state of internal rotation. It is not the fall but the prevention of fall that causes the problem. Usually it occurs when the mother pulls the child by arm to put him on the other side while turning in bed. Sometimes when the child has a tendency to fall from the bed he, holds the bed sheet to prevent the fall, the whole body weight gives the momentum to internal rotation at the elbow joint and the upper/lower radio ulnar joint is partly dislocated.
It is a very painful condition the affected limb appears to be paralyzed
It is an orthopaedic emergency and the child should be taken to an orthopaedic surgeon or to the casualty department of a hospital immediately.
The x-ray usually does not show any abnormality.
Reduction of the joint displacement is easy. A cuff and collar sling is usually adequate.
If the condition becomes recurrent, a plaster may have to be applied for 2-3 weeks.
No medicine is required.
A chocolate is usually sufficient to bring a smile on the face of the child and parents.
My pre pregnancy weight was 50 kgs and now I am 65 kgs. I have a 5 months old baby. My weight isn't shedding plus suddenly my knees pain alot when I go to bed and my back as well. I have no uric acid, sugar, pressure problem then what is the cause of the pain. The whole day I feel no pain. Please let me know what should be done.
I am suffering with too much pain at the time of menses because of stone in Gall bladder. What shall I have to do?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
It's horrible for your health overall and dental health specifically. Tobacco prematurely ages the mouth and leads to mouth cancers. Smoking tobacco stains teeth and interrupts calcium absorption in your body. Additionally masking the smell of smoke means using chewing gums or sweets high in sugar, or drinking tea and coffee, which are notorious for teeth decolorization.
Sweating is a normal function of the body, but some people sweat so much that their clothes are often drenched in sweat. Hyperhidrosis is a condition where the amount of sweat produced by the sweat glands cannot be regulated. It is characterized by excessive sweating commonly seen in the underarms, palms and soles. This disorder can affect a person at any age and if left untreated, can become a lifelong condition. Though this condition is not a serious threat to your health, it can be quite embarrassing and can hamper your lifestyle.
In many cases, there is no obvious trigger for Hyperhidrosis, and it is caused by the malfunctioning of the nervous system. This is known as primary Hyperhidrosis. Sweat is a function which helps the body cool itself. In cases of primary Hyperhidrosis, the brain sends a message to the sweat glands to produce sweat even though the body does not need to be cooled. A genetic mutation may also be the cause for some cases of Hyperhidrosis.
Hyperhidrosis with obvious trigger factors is known as secondary Hyperhidrosis. While primary Hyperhidrosis mostly affects the underarms, groin, palms and soles, secondary Hyperhidrosis can affect all parts of the body. Some of the common triggers for this condition are:
- Low blood sugar
- Medication side effects
- Alcohol or drug withdrawal
- Parkinson’s disease
Hyperhidrosis can be challenging to diagnose and treat. Lifestyle changes are the easiest way to address this disorder. Some changes that can help you fight Hyperhidrosis are:
- Avoid spicy food and alcohol
- Replace deodorants with antiperspirants
- Choose cotton fabrics over synthetic fabrics
- Wear loose fitting clothes.
- Try using armpit shields and wearing absorbent socks.
Anticholinergic or antimuscarinic medicines can also help treat Hyperhidrosis. This keeps the nervous system from activating the sweat glands. Dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, abdominal cramps and difficulty in passing urine are some of the side effects associated with this medication. Iontophoresis is a more aggressive form of Hyperhidrosis treatment. This involves passing a weak electric current through a wet pad to the affected area to block the sweat glands. It is usually used to treat excessive sweating in the palms and soles.
Botox injections can also help treat Hyperhidrosis by blocking the brain signals to the sweat glands. However this is not a permanent cure and may need to be repeated after a year or so. Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy or a surgery to remove the sweat glands may also be recommended in extreme cases of Hyperhidrosis. This is usually seen as a permanent solution for excessive sweating, but are relatively new procedures and hence not very common. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.