Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjana KumariYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I want to know that what is the remedies of tonsillitis. When I sleep at night then I can't breath well and coughing also started.
I am feeling a difficulty in breathing to my left nose. When I saw in mirror I found a reddish muscle is covering almost 80% of my nose. What I have. And what should I have to do/
��I am 30 years old man. I have tonsils problem, and frequently having problem of cough, cold, fever.
I am a woman aged 63. I am having throat problem in the sense" voice" - left side vocal cord is very weak. I am suffering from this for more than 3 years. What can be done to get the normal voice /sound thanks.
I am suffering from cough and congestion from five months and having tickling irritation in my throat with sputum reflux with breath and left sinus hazy. It feels cough is going back from the throat sometimes. Every test done is normal but left sinus comes hazy. Ige test was 900. Please response me what is it and how is it cured. My ent specialist says it' s allergic. I am diabetic too. But nowadays it' s controlled with fasting 98.
My wife have bleeding problem in nose once or twice in every year from last 3 years. What is the problem and what is treatment.
I have frequent sore throat/throat frequently. What should I do? which is the counter medicine is preferred ?
Whenever I am eating something, it starts paining badly in my throat. I am facing this problem from the past 4 days. What should I do?
My age is 21. My throat is paining from inside, something like sore throat, I've cold and cough too. I suffered from this since last three days. Today,I'm feeling too weak and body muscles aches.
I have been suffering from fever for the last three days and pain all over the body because of which I am feeling week over my legs and also suffering from tonsils so I can't swallow properly. What should I do?
I am having throat infection. I ate 2 raw garlic pieces. In the night my nose blocked, jelly like spit from nose include blood in it. Is there any problem.
My name is Abhinav. My friend is suffering from tonsils, it's been quite regular to her. Please consult some remedies which can cure her permanently.
Hi, I am 27 years and I have got sore throat since 1 week and since 2 days I can't swallow saliva its paining what shall I do please help?
Hello sir/mam. Since 1 month and 5 days, my left side ear is paining lightly. And I am unable to hear. I had gone to md doctor. They had given me waxiclin drop and some other tablets. But not clear yet. Kindly guide me.
Hi I have been suffering from allergic bronchitis from almost 15 years. Although by medication it has been reduced by let's say 80% But I still have breathing problems. Also at any given time I can breathe from only one side of my nose (I.e. From only one nostril). Suggest me some exercises. Any remedies are highly welcomed.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants