Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RamyaYour feedback matters!
Sugar (cane sugar) is not only a big industry but has been a part of many of our traditional foods. Somehow, today sugar has been given a tag of being an 'unhealthy' food. What we don't realize before we demonize a food the reason for it to suddenly become unhealthy. Sugar in small required amounts does not cause any health issue. What we don't realize is the amount of sugar that we are unknowingly consuming through foods like packaged cereals ,juices , health drinks , pastries, burgers and even the so called 'low fat' packaged foods marketed as healthy foods. Excessive sugar in these forms can definitely become harmful. So, rather than banning sugar from your diet, try to make better food choices.
The steps you can take to reduce sugar intake in a week are -
1. Stay hydrated and avoid health drinks and packaged juices - Replace so-called health drinks and packaged juices with fresh drinks like lime water, coconut water, herbal teas and home-made fruit drinks like raw mango juice / aam panah and Water. The natural electrolytes will stop any craving for excessive sugar laden foods.
2. Limit caffeine intake - Drinking coffee in the morning causes caffeine kick which spikes the energy levels in the body. As soon as this spike wears off, there is an intense sugar craving in the body.
3. Eat more complex carbohydrates - Increasing consumption of complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and yams helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in the body. This happens as they are digested slowly and help in controlling sugar cravings.
4. Restrict salt intake - Excessive salt consumption can increase cravings for sugary foods. Eating too much salt can cause the body to balance out the flavors thus leading to increased sugar cravings.
5. Exercise - Exercise causes perspiration in the body which helps in flushing out the salt and making the body alkaline thus reducing sugar cravings.
6. Limit processed food intake - Eating naturally occurring foods such as grains and fruits are healthier than eating packaged foods. Packaged foods generally contain both added sugar and salt which tend to increase sugar cravings and promotes weight gain.
We had sex without any safety. We are fearing about the unwanted pregnancy. How can we know that a girl is pregnant in the early stage of sex. How can we remove pregnancy? can we pregnancy totally by eating papaya. I didn't even produce the sperm at the time of sex. Will the pre cum effects it?
Hello doctor I want to get my periods date extend due to some reason if I take some medicine is it create any problem while conceiving pls tel what to do to gets my period delayed?
Hi, How to make bone stronger and always feel no energy, get a back pain and foot pain during periods.
Hello doctor my age is 29 pregnancy k baad se mere pet me kafi fats aa gae hai pet bahot nikla hua hai aur mera wait bhi bahot ho gaya hai kya kare please suggest.
Having a surgery, big or small, will subject your body to a certain degree of pain. Post-operative care, hence, is of paramount importance. You'll have a surgical wound where the surgeon has made an incision. To ensure that it heals quickly and to reduce the risk of an infection, it is important that you care for your wound area and keep a regular check for unusual signs and symptoms.
Let us take a step back to understand the normal process of how a wound heals. At first, there will be inflammation during the first week when blood flow to your wound increases. This is a crucial care period as your wound is still fresh. The second phase is proliferation where new blood vessels and tissue begin to grow around the area.
The third and final phase is maturation where new cells develop to strengthen the wound and soften the scar. Depending on the location and size of your wound, your surgeon may have used stitches (medically called sutures), metal clips or staples, adhesive dressing, tape or glue. Stitches, clips and staples are usually removed between three and fourteen days after your treatment. Here is how you can care for your surgical incision:
- Change your dressing regularly: Most patients are called to the hospital at regular intervals during the first week for change of dressing two or three times. The nurse or doctor ensures a sterile environment during the process. If you find your dressing falling of late night and you can't go to the hospital, you can wash your hands thoroughly and open a new sterile dressing package and apply to your wound. At all times, touch only the edges of your old / new dressing.
- General care for your incision site: Keep the incision site as clean and dry as possible. Keep it covered with plastic during a shower if it is on your hands or legs or take a sponge bath until you get a green signal from your doctor. Protect the incision from sunlight. Some incisions may get itchy as they heal. This is quite common, but it is important not to scratch your incision during this period.
- Eating and drinking properly to heal quickly: Vitamin C and Proteins are important as they aid in healing of wounds. Eat a healthy and balanced diet, which includes a variety of lean meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, fruit and vegetables. Make sure that you drink enough water because if you're dehydrated, your wound may take longer to heal.
- Look for signs of infection: The common signs of an infection are redness, swelling, unusual drainage, warmth around the incision site increased pain or tenderness at the incision, incision opens up or a fever of more than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
Dear sir/ ma'am she is taking medicine for pregnancy 15 days.(fertisure f, emicin,myonol, ferpill kit) and now she has a problem of digesting a food and having pain in anus. Please suggest me some good medicine.
Replenish your body by adding few fresh, juicy foods apt for this scorching summer heat!
?Incorporate smoothies made from berries or fresh fruits with yoghurt
?Have watermelon crush
?Vegetable salads including cucumber,corn, tomato, lettuce
?Include herbs like mint and coriander in the glass of buttermilk.
The antioxidant properties of these healthy foods helps in lowering the risks of inflammatory diseases and age related problems as they flush out the toxins from your body making you feel relaxed and energetic.
I am 7 weeks pregnant, only mild heartbeat seen, is there any possibility of getting good heart beat in further weeks?
My wife 4 month pregnant .should we stop being physical. .n for her diet coconut water daily is good. .also ferrous sulphate n folic acid tab together can be advisable.
I get too much white discharge on everyday basis. It does not smell but it's irritating. Could you help me.
I am 32 years with 72kg weight. I had pcos but reduced weight now its not coming in ultrasound also had trap egg problem. I got my AMH checked also it 4.86 in the normal range. Will I be able to conceive normally.
My wife is having a menstruation problem. She is in periods from last 17 days. Can you suggest me wat to do.
Im 25 years of female. I always have severe stomach and lower bach ache during my periods. What should I do? please help.
She has recently got married almost 1month back on 8 march 2016. She had intercourse on marriage night & next day she got her menses. Flow was normal as regular for 5days. No other complaints. Now this month date was 9th again. &she didn't have menses yet. In between she had lot of cramps at 6th of this month but menses didn't come. She is fearing if she is pregnant. please help.
The Aloe Vera plant is the miracle of nature, having many healing properties to it. The leaves of the plant are where you will find the yellow-colored liquid that can work wonders. You may already know that Aloe Vera gel can be very beneficial to the skin, helping with sunburn, insect bites, rashes, cuts, and the like. The reason is because Aloe Vera is an anti-fungal as well as an anti-bacterial. It also helps with the regeneration of cells. So the application of Aloe Vera gel to the skin can greatly benefit common skin ailments and help in the healing process.
Aloe is a member of the Lily family, yet it is very cactus-like in appearance. Even though there are over 240 species of Aloe there is only three to four recognized as having nutritional value. The main Aloe species used in commercial products is Aloe barbadensis miller.
Knowledge about Aloe healing properties has been passed down from the ancients. It is used both internally and topically and has been well documented to facilitate healing of any kind of skin wounds, burns or scalds, even speeding recovery time after surgery. Situations to try it on include blisters, insect bites, rashes, sores, herpes, athlete's foot, fungus, vaginal infections, conjunctivitis, sties, allergic reactions, and dry skin.
But maybe you didn’t know that Aloe Vera comes in other forms, which also have their own set of benefits. Let’s take Aloe Vera Juice. Here is a short list of what this very healthy juice can do for you.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA JUICE
1. Aids in the elimination of constipation.
2. Aids in digestion and helps with stomachaches and heartburn.
3. Helps to regulate blood sugars.
4. Detoxifies the body and colon.
5. Helps with weight loss by increasing metabolic rate to burn more calories.
6. Improves circulation.
7. Aids in healing damage to internal tissues.
8. Regulates blood pressure.
9. Strengthens immune system.
10. Retards the growth of cancerous tumors.
11. Helps to reduce inflammation.
Side Effects of Drinking Aloe Vera Juice
It is recommended that you drink no more than two to four ounces a day of Aloe Vera Juice . That is the required amount for maintaining health and is all you need. If you take more, you can experience side effects, such as liver dysfunction, nausea and allergic reactions. But if you adhere to the recommended amount per day, you will see the wonderful benefits of this amazing plant.
Aloe is safe when used in moderation but there are a few contraindications. If you have a heart problem and use any kind of conventional medication consult your Naturopathic or Medical doctor before using any Aloe product internally as the interaction may cause irregular heartbeat. Avoid Aloe Vera Juice if you are pregnant, breast feeding, or menstruating as it can cause uterine contractions.
Aloe Vera is also available in supplements, such as tablets and capsules. Just be sure that there are no unhealthy fillers. This is a very quick and easy way to get the beneficial effects of Aloe Vera into your system. If you lead a busy lifestyle and do not have the time to drink Aloe Vera juice, taking the recommended dose in tablet or capsule form will probably work out very well for you.
The health benefits of Aloe Vera are many, and this amazing plant can help you not just on the outside by aiding your skin, but on the inside as well. Be certain to keep some Aloe Vera gel always on hand for skin ailments, especially if you have children. And Aloe Vera juice or supplements are a great way to help your body internally.