Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. RamyaYour feedback matters!
I weigh 81 kg and my height is 170 cms (5'7") my belly is bulging out. Can you please suggest a good diet?
Hello sir. Is losing weight possible through ayurvedic treatment with proper diet n exercise. I want to lose 10 kgs weight. Am following proper diet n a 30 min walk since 4 months but I can not see any changes in my body. So am thinking to consult ayurveda doctor. Is it right decision.
Are you suffering from a urinary tract infection and are looking for effective ways to deal with the condition? Urinary tract infection implies infection is either in the urinary bladder or kidneys, while bladder infections are common in women, kidney infections are uncommon. Men by and large don't suffer UTI. So if a male has UTI, evaluation of an underlying cause like stone, benign prostatic hypertrophy etc. should be done. Most urinary tract infections are simple to treat, with some antibiotics for 3 days. In cases of Diabetes, Renal failure, patients with prior surgery, further evaluation and longer therapy are needed. In most cases of recurring UTI, there is an underlying cause. Hence a urological evaluation should be done for recurring UTI. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
My father is 74 and for past one year he has been having palpitation. He is on medication and his BP is 140/80 which I believe is OK for his age. Earlier he used to go for regular walks, but lately due to palpitation he is unable to gather confidence to venture out of the house. He has consulted many doctors and got several teats done such as thyroid tests, echo cardiograph. All reports were OK. His sugar level on fasting is 135 and PP is 148. But this palpitation has eroded his confidence and he has stopped basic physical activity I.e walk for normal chores itself.
I'm 24 year old. I have lot of pus filled acne on my face and its been 4 years now that i'm having this problem. I just started with homeopathy treatment, just wanted to know which fruit or vegetables can help me to overcome this problem asap.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian life science that requires you to make various lifestyle changes along with the use of medication that is based on herbs and condiments with massages and Yogic postures. This field of medicine believes in getting to the root of the problem so as to cure it and prevent it in the future as well. Gastritis is no different and enjoys the same kind of attention when it comes to Ayurveda.
Here is everything you need to know about the Ayurvedic perspective of gastritis:
- Definition: As per Ayurveda, gastritis is known as Urdhva Amlapitta, which can lead to the occurrence of stomach ulcers when the inflammation of the stomach lining goes untreated for a prolonged period of time. This inflammation is the basic outcome of the condition.
- Causes: Problems in the Vata Dosha, one of the four Doshas in the body, can cause this condition. Also, a build up of Ama or toxins due to poor digestive health, can lead to the occurrence of this disease. As per Ayurveda, there are many reasons that may cause this toxin build up and the imbalance in the Vata Dosha. This includes eating spicy food on a regular or frequent basis and taking too many drugs like pain killers and analgesics which can lead to this condition. Also, too much of alcohol consumption and greasy food can cause gastritis. Further, one of the main causes of gastritis as per Ayurveda, is the presence of too much stress and worry, and the lack of a proper routine when it comes to eating, sleeping and exercising.
- Symptoms: The main symptoms include appetite loss and nausea, as well as discomfort and pain in the abdomen. Gastrointestinal bleeding and blood discharge may also occur for patients suffering from this condition. Headaches and vomiting are also common symptoms of this condition.
- Medication: There are various Ayurvedic medicines that can help in treating this condition. Sukumara Ghrita are ghee based preparations that can be taken every morning with a glass of warm milk in order to activate the digestive fires and improve the digestive powers. The difference can usually be seen in a matter of days. Dhatri Lauha includes amla juice which should be taken twice a day. Lemon juice, ajwain, amla and ginger are also helpful in such situations.
- Lifestyle Changes: Avoiding spicy and greasy food as well as stopping alcohol abuse and smoking can help in curing this condition. One should also stay away from excessively stressful mental and physical tasks.
Taking the right steps at the right time for a proper routine with good habits can help in treating this condition as per Ayurveda.
A Hernia may be defined as the protrusion of an organ into an adjacent connective tissue or muscle. The protrusion usually occurs through a tear or a weakened area in the muscle (Fascia). Hernia can be an Inguinal Hernia, Umbilical Hernia, Hiatal Hernia or Femoral Hernia. It can also originate from an incision (Incisional Hernia).
The Inguinal Hernia is commonly observed in males. Here, the intestine squeezes through a tear in the abdominal wall into the groin (Inguinal canal). At times, the small intestine bulges through the abdominal wall (weak spot) near the belly button, which results in Umbilical Hernia. In Hiatal Hernia, the upper part of the stomach passes into the chest through the diaphragm, and of all the hernia types, the Inguinal Hernia is the most common.
Severe strain and muscle tear or weakness can result in Hernia. Obesity, chronic constipation, chronic coughing and sneezing, ageing, damage caused by injury, medical conditions like Cystic Fibrosis, contribute to increased incidences of Hernia. In case of Hernia, the affected area tends to protrude or bulge out. If left untreated; Hernia can prove to be detrimental. One needs to consult a physician for proper diagnosis and treatment. Physical examination can help in the diagnosis of Inguinal Hernia. An ultrasound is needed to diagnose Umbilical Hernia. A Barium X -ray or endoscopy can be of great help in the diagnosis of Hiatal Hernia.
The severity of the Hernia depends upon its size. In case the Hernia is rapidly increasing in size, a surgery is needed for the repair. The surgery performed can be open or laparoscopic. In open surgery, Hernia is identified through an incision. Once located, the Hernia is removed from the adjacent tissues. In laparoscopic repair, small incisions are made in the affected region. Through these incisions, specialized instruments are inserted. It is through these instruments that the surgeon visualizes and performs the surgery.
In such repairs, a mesh, held in place by sutures is used as a scaffold. This facilitates the growth of new tissues in the affected person. This technique significantly lowers the chance of a recurrence.
Certain factors must be well addressed, before performing a Hernia operation:
- Hernia operations, laparoscopic in particular, should be performed by experienced surgeons. Inexperienced surgeons will do you more harm than good.
- Laparoscopic Hernia operation should be avoided in case a patient has adhesions from previous surgery.
- Extreme care should be taken while performing a Hernia operation in infants and children.
- In some cases, Hernia surgery might affect or injure the vas deferens in men. This in turn can affect fertility in men.
Pomegranate is a fruit grown mainly in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, India, drier parts of Southeast Asia, Peninsular Malaysia, the East Indies and tropical Africa, along with parts of California and Arizona. However, it has been the native fruit of the region from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran to the Himalayas in northern India. Pomegranate has been associated with a high nutritional value and a large number of health benefits, illustrating the reason why it has been cultivated in the Mediterranean region as well the Caucasus since ancient times. To acquaint you more with this fruit as well as its juice, we have listed the nutritional benefits of their consumption, in the following lines.
Nutritional Value of Pomegranate
Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of pomegranate
Carbohydrates - 17.17 gm
Sugars - 16.57 gm
Dietary fiber - 0.6 gm
Fat - 0.3 gm
Protein - 0.95 gm
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 0.030 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 0.063 mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 0.300 mg
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - 0.596 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.105 mg
Folate (Vitamin B9) - 6 ?g
Vitamin C - 6.1 mg
Calcium - 3 mg
Iron - 0.30 mg
Magnesium - 3 mg
Phosphorus - 8 mg
Potassium - 259 mg
Zinc - 0.12 mg
Energy - 70 kcal (290 kJ)
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Pomegranates/Pomegranate Juice
Being rich in antioxidants, pomegranate can keep LDL (bad cholesterol) from oxidizing and thus, prevents atherosclerosis.
Pomegranate has been found to help keep blood platelets from clumping together and forming unnecessary clots.
Regular consumption of pomegranate juice is said to be beneficial for those suffering from heart diseases.
Researches have indicated that pomegranate compounds might prevent prostate cancer and even slowdown its growth.
Pomegranate juice has also been associated with reducing the risk of breast cancer.
Pomegranate juice is pretty good for those suffering from diarrhea, but it over-consumption can lead to constipation.
Pomegranate is said to be good for reducing plaque in the arteries and raising levels of HDL (good cholesterol).
It has been seen that pomegranate juice helps prevent heart attacks and even stroke.
Studies have shown that maternal consumption of pomegranate juice might protect the neonatal brain from damage after injury.
Pomegranate is believed to help prevent cartilage deterioration and thus, keep osteoarthritis at bay.
Consumption of pomegranate might prevent and even slow down Alzheimer's disease.
Pomegranate juice is associated with lowering of blood pressure as well as better oral health.
I doesn't sleep since two days, I tried home remedies for headache, but not get solution, please help me.
Hello, Myself Madhurima Pal Chowdhury, 22 years old. My height is 5'8 and my weight is 48 kg. I want to gain some weight as I am under weight. So please give me a proper diet chart so that I can gain weight and have a proper shape of figure.
Hello doctor I have allergic problem in all climate. Sometimes it goes to asthma. Now im taking levocetirizine alternatively, once if I forget to take next day morning I will start sneezing. I have consulted with many doctors but can't stop tablets.
In today’s busy world where life is catching us by the neck, vacation is a word that is slowly getting out of our lexicon. While for many, travelling is a passion, for few others, travelling means a bag full of woes spending money, getting exhausted or may be falling sick. But it is very important for you to take short breaks from your busy schedules and go on a vacation, where you will travel, not for work, but for your own tranquility. The reason why travelling for yourself is important is that, travel can surprisingly help you to stay healthier and happier.
Below mentioned are five surprising ways travel can help you to stay much healthier:
- It is an effective way of reducing stress. Physical and emotional stress can deteriorate your health. Travelling can help you to drift away from your worries for some time and can thus, reduce your stress.
- Travelling can also help you to rework on your sleep schedules. It can allow you to get adequate sleep that your body and mind require. Sleeping well does improve your health conditions.
- Researches show that travelling can lower your chances of developing heart diseases or heart attacks. Thus, it can help you maintain a strong and healthy heart and you stay away from a host of cardiovascular disorders.
- Travelling involves a lot of body activity as well as joint and muscle movements. Thus, it can help you to get rid of your sedentary lifestyle (like sitting in front of computers and working for long hours at a stretch) and improve your flexibility.
- The different people and the different cultures you get to come across while you travel can really lift your spirits up and ebb all negative energies away. Thus, not only can travelling help you to maintain a healthy body, but it can also help you to maintain good mental health too.
Remember, taking some time out from the humdrum of your city and spending time out there in the world outside might just help you cope with a problem which has been giving you a niggle for quite sometime now.