Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. RammurthyYour feedback matters!
Hello iam diabetic and my age is 32. Iam good control on my diabetic and I have checked my sugar levels twice in month and 110 to 142. Due to control of my levels when I take medicine before one month my sugar levels were going down and my doctor suggested to stop the medicine and told me to maintenance good levels and exercise from one month I stopped medicine and iam in good control. And I have a daut any side effects wil be for me for stopping medicines on my organs and my weight is 110 before 4 months and know 102 I heard that diabetic patient have more kidney and heart please tel me in this age any problems wil come. 1 year back iam smoker and drinker I left it know. And diabetic can eat curd rice r not.
I'm suffering from the headache which will actually come suddenly without any tensions can anyone please suggest me relief from this situation.
It’s that time of the year again, where 'a year is ending and the new year is going to start'. All of us want to put our best foot forward in the coming year. We want a new thinner, healthier, more energetic and flexible body next year. We also want to get back to our few years old skinny jeans. So, what are the new year resolutions for 2017 that will up our health quotient substantially?
Read on for the five hottest dietary changes to take care of your health:
- Eat more Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids is good for the heart. You can get Omega-3 by eating walnuts, fish and flax seeds. Omega-3 is also good for getting help with PMS and menopause symptoms.
- Pile up on veggies: Daily recommended intake of veggies is three servings or more. How many of us reach this target? And then we complain of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Veggies are our source for many important vitamins. So to tackle fatigue, muscle pains, low sex drive and vision problems, you can consciously eat more veggies the coming year.
- Fibre is key to health: Fibre found in veggies, fruits and whole grains is crucial for the health of the gut. Remember the adage that all diseases begin from the gut, so make fibre a part of your daily diet. Getting enough fibre will also prevent cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and a number of cancers. It will also help you slim down. Remember that the recommended daily intake of fibre is 21 to 38 grams.
- Cut down on meat: This will be of great help to your heart because you will be eliminating a huge source of saturated fats which increases LDL that causes obstructions in heart arteries. Go for more tofu, soya and white meat.
- Treat sugar as enemy no.1: We all eat too much sugar. In fact scientists are calling sugar as the most potent drug of the 21st century and with good reason. Health hazards of excess sugar consumption include excess weight gain, abdominal obesity, elevated triglycerides etc. Sugar also increases inflammation in the body and this is the cause of a number of deadly diseases. One sure-fire way to cut down on sugars is to stop eating out of packets. Yes, processed foods contain a lot of hidden sugars and fats. Nixing processed foods will up your health quotient naturally.
Start a food journal to keep track of what you eat and also convince your friends and family to join in your healthy New Year plans. This way, you will have a support system in place to keep you motivated and on the go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.