Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RamkumarYour feedback matters!
What will be the process of treatment for a patient who has just overcome from the first stage of cancer?
I'm 30 years old female. I have been experiencing pain in chest which then radiate to shoulders and arms. Mostly the pain radiates to right shoulder and arm. I have also located many painful nodules through out my body and mainly in both of my arms and breasts. I too experience a high heart rate with severe pain in left shoulder radiating towards left palm. I have consulted many doctors regarding my health issues. Some neurologist prescribed gabapentin for the chest and body pain and other general medicine doctor prescribed tramadol. The nodules were examined and they said it as FBD for breast nodules and lipofibrills for nodules present in arms. I have going through this pain for a long period, long as 5 years. Initially CT scans and MRI of my chest was done which were found perfectly normal. Another doctor said that my tonsils might have grown a bit and putting pressure on my spine. And that's why I might feel pain in my back. Now I'm confused as I have no idea what I'm suffering from and this pain is making me unfit for my day to day job. Could you please at least diagnose what I might be suffering from and which particular doctor I should consult.
I am 50 years old man. I am suffering from prostate problem, the coming urine is getting delayed some times, particularly in night time. If I am little bit late in going for peeing, it is difficult to urinate. Please suggest.
Small non enhancing cyst in the left lobe of liver. Tiny calcific foci right lobe of liver. Gall bladder sludge. Prostatomegaly.
I am 46 years old and my prostate is 32 cc , and I am on Alfuzosin 10 mg daily. Will it get cured or I will have to go for operation ?
My mother had breast cancer and doctor's says she is in advance stage as per reports its spread in lungs and liver. But after 3 oral chemotherapy she is good recovery and able for any treatment. My question is which is best treatment in this stage?
I have a Breast Mastectomy report of my aunt, in the end report say an impression of infiltrating ductal carcinoma, stage IIA, TNM: pT2N0cM0, NPI: 2.8. What does it all mean?
Hi, my wife is 38 years old and have two daughters (11 4 old F/M child). She is having pain in breast nipple point. After consulting the doctor she is taking B-LONG Tab 1 per day. She is thinking that have breast cancer. Can you please advice?
She is a cancer patient from last 3 yrs, now her hips joint broke 7 days early, in this case shall we operate her, is there any risk in operation.
I am 75 years old male and have enlarges prostate for the last 15 years. I have been regularly using Urimax 0.4 mg capsule once a day for all these years. Even if I miss a single dose of this I start experiencing problem in urination within next 6 hours. My question is what are the side effects of such prolonged use of this medicine and whether there is a better medicine in Ayurved or Homeopathy for this.
Am I more at risk to cancer if my relatives have cancer? What are the stages of cancer? What are the symptoms of cancer?
Sir Tell treatment of blood cancer. Any possibility to facing final stage person to come real life. Any hope.
Can tuberculosis of the lymph node (supraclavicular involved) can spread to lungs as well? Also my chest x-ray indicates normal condition of the lungs. But tb of lymph nodes as I've read indicates its infection primarily somewhere else (lungs, pancreas, spleen). Does it mean that pancreas or spleen may be involved?
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.