Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RamkumarYour feedback matters!
Dear Docs, I observed scars and skin coming out in dry form f in the Palms of my hand. Is it any diseases, what should I do to avoid it.
I suffering with acne skin and a lot of pimples. Y body heat is always in heavy value. Give me natural medicine for body heat, acne and pimples. Thank you.
I used a fairness cream dermoviva is it have any side effect? After I used it I had a red rashes on my face what should I do please help me?:(
All drugs carry within themselves the potential to treat and harm the skin. Side effects of medicines are a common phenomenon, with variation in the intensities. Sometimes they are minor and do not require medications; however at other times they may require urgent attention and treatment.
Some allergies caused due to medications that primarily affect your skin are:
- Itches and rashes: Sometimes your body may be allergic to certain type of medications. If these drugs are taken by you then the immune system treats them as foreign invasions and triggers a reaction against them. In certain cases, on consuming a drug that your body is allergic to, a kind of white blood cell called T cells expand. Itching, rashes on the skin are common repercussions in such a scenario.
- Swelling on the face and throat: Often it happens that, on being administered a medicine or an injection, you may experience severe swelling on face and throat. This is an extreme case of medicinal side effect and is commonly known as anaphylaxis. This must be immediately treated and brought to the notice of a trained doctor.
- Blisters: This is also an important potential side effect of a drug. On being administered a drug, you may experience an erosion on the surface of lips and eyes as a reaction against it. Immediate treatment and a visit to the doctor is imperative if you experience these symptoms.
- Swelling of the tongue: If you have high blood pressure and if you take angiotensin converting enzyme, a swollen tongue and persistent cough are the possible side effects.
- Flushing and itching: You may suffer from symptoms of flushing and itching as a possible side effect of the intravenous dyes that are used in the X-rays.
Related Tip: "Should I Use A Lotion Or A Cream For Dry Skin?"
Hai doctor. Im 19 years old. I have a problem regarding to skin. From my childhood. If mosquito bites immediately rash arises and becoming as a spot on my body. Im really worried about this. I had done blood tests too but nothing was there. Could. You please suggest me to get away from this.
I developed anal fissure after delivery of my child. Even after ten weeks of medical treatment including laxatives (Cremaffin), the symptoms of anal pain and discomfort did not settle down. Hence, on surgeon s advice I underwent Lord's procedure for anal dilation. Now after seven weeks of surgery, I have intermittent pain with a streak of blood in stools on and off. This occurs when the initial part of stools is a little hard. I continue to be on a high fibre diet with lot of liquids. What should I do? Should I continue on medical treatment (laxative etc) and wait for fissure to heal? Also the overall anal discomfort has reduced somewhat after surgery except when the stools become little hard and some blood comes in stools. Could the delayed recovery indicate the failure of Lords procedure and need for further surgery (lateral sphincterotomy) as I could gather after seeing on the net? Kindly advice. I am very confused about further course of action Also any medicines to accelerate the fissure healing. Is the bleeding related to the fissure or it could be something else?
My skin colour is black I use cream from last four month I want white colour of my skin. Help me what I do.
My skin colour is not white bt not black. I want to improve my natural complexion pls say some medicines for that.
I am 32 years old I got right shoulder paid radiated with my breast and upper hand. I have blacks in my both of the thighs. I applied aloe vera but not getting into the older normal skin. Kindly guide me.
Freckles are skin cells (keratinocytes) that contain melanin, which is a brown colored skin pigment. The skin cells are otherwise very normal, so the spots can't be felt since they are flat. They don't cause lumps in the skin but they are quite visible.
Here are some of the methods and home remedies with which you can get rid of your freckles:
- Prevent your face from the sun: This is the best approach to get rid of freckles. Wear caps with wide overflows so your face is in shadow. Attempt to abstain from going outside when the sun is high in the sky since this is the time when you get the most UV radiation. If you do go out, try to stay in the shade. Also wear sunscreens with SPF 50 constantly, without fail.
- Lemon juice To bleach freckles away: Lemon juice is one of the best natural bleaches. Use the juice from crisp crushed lemons; delicately apply the juice onto the freckled regions. Be careful not to put the juice in your eyes. Leave the juice on for ten to fifteen minutes and wash off with warm water. You will need to do this twice every day for a few weeks before the spots vanish.
- Even out the skin color: Conceal the freckles by darkening the rest of the skin normally. Castor oil - an old solution for everything from blockages to upset stomachs - is fabulous for adding a light tan shading to the skin.
- A sake facial mask works fast: It causes the freckles to blur away quickly, since skin cell turnover rate is around three weeks. If you can keep the most reduced layer of cells from getting a considerable measure of melanin, the spots will be gone soon.
- Sour cream facial peels: Sour cream contains lactic corrosive, which are an exceptionally tender peeling operator. Apply the sharp cream to the freckled regions and keep it there for ten minutes.
- Fruit flavored facial peels: Use squashed strawberries and kiwi or cucumbers for a facial cover to create a peel. Banana crushed with mint leaves gives you a peel as well.
- Honey and lemon juice: Honey holds water and moisturizes the skin. It contains chemicals that are skin-lightening agents. Mixed with lemon squeeze, this is an extremely affective strategy to get rid of your freckles.
- Add nutrients to your skin while lightening freckles: Vitamin E oil not just blurs spots quick, it contains supplements that saturate your skin and keep it sound.
- Eating your way to fewer freckles: Vitamin C (citrus extract) in your eating routine helps your skin, pretty much as it does when you apply it to your face. If your skin is excessively delicate for lemon juice, then ensure you eat a lot of citrus product.
- Business bleaching creams with natural ingredients: Over-the-counter skin brightening creams that contain hydroquinone and oxybenzone can prove to be extremely effective. Common fixings, for example, bearberry, aloe, mulberry and different herbs are calming to the skin and help the spots without risk. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
I have fair skin but due to sin expose I lost my skin tone. Suggest me the best skin whitening cream.
Who does not want to turn back the ageing clock to look younger always.
Serums are meant to do the same. Can you expect a serum to make you really look younger than you are? First, understand the difference between anti-ageing creams and serums!
The key to differentiating between anti-ageing creams and serums is looking at how they work. In essence, both offer the same benefits. An anti-ageing cream or serum treats acne, wrinkles, sunspots and other common signs of ageing. However, while creams hydrate and nourishes the skin, serums work their way past the epidermis and thus penetrate deeper layers.
Some facts about anti-aging serums are:
- Anti-ageing serums can be used at any age but can also produce side effects.
- Some anti-ageing serums claim that women should start using them from when they turn 20, to maintain the glow of their skin. However, before you start using an anti-ageing serum, you must know what you're putting on your skin. Retinol that stimulates collagen production in the latter years can not only be ineffective but can also act as an irritant for the skin. Overusing a serum can also make your skin dry.
- Each serum affects different people in a different way.
- Skin care efficacy differs from person to person. While for some people exfoliating twice a week can make your skin brighter, others need a little more care. Don't look at the price to determine the effectiveness of the serum on your skin but take a look at the ingredients. If you're looking to reverse the damage of the past years on your skin, look for antioxidant-based serums.
- The same anti-ageing serum doesn't work for all ages.
As mentioned above, anti-ageing serums can be used by women of all ages. Since each anti-ageing serum addresses a different symptom of ageing, the type of serum you should use depends on the symptom of ageing you want to address. Thus, while you might want to use an anti-ageing serum that prevents wrinkles right now, later on, you may want to use one that removes sunspots.
To sum it up, an anti-ageing serum can't make your skin actually younger, but the right anti-ageing serum can make it happen.