Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh VarrierYour feedback matters!
My left testicle hurt a little bit when ever I sit in a chair or take a turn in bed from last two days. No accident nothing has occurred. Or any other incident.
Sir I am suffering from skin disease. I think it is a fungus disease. I have used many tube like tigoderm, fourderm, funginil B. Till now it hsnt cured pls advice me suitable medicine. It occurred in my face and thigh (upper part of leg) pls advice me good medicine so that I can cured easily and fastly.
I have developed a very severe back pain after my delivery. Its now 8 month I am going through this pain. Have taken lot of medicine but not happy with the result. Plzzz suggest.
I have joined a gym and I am a vegetarian. So I decided to eat soybean seed for protein. How much soybean seed should I take after my workout for mass gain?
Hi I am suffering from extreme weakness my weight is too low I am 55 kg where my height is 5.7. I suffer from leg pains around joints and suffer from cold n cough really bad. I smoke as well.
Even though I am a stay home, I find time to go for walking only early in the morning at 4.30 am. But in the mid day I am free. I'm forced to stay in couch. Is this routine okay?
I have feeling a great pain on the left side of my stomach. It happens oftentimes. What should I have to do for this problem? please help me.
I am suffering from serious gastric problem for last 4 weeks. Head burn, chest burn, rapid heartbeat, senseless body parts (hand, legs). I also have dry cough and a little bit cold. I think, may be cough make it more critical gastric problem. Blocking flow of gas in body parts by cough mainly in head & chest. What I should do now?
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run.
Doctors Mai apne hair se bahut pareshaan tha kyunki pura dry or rough and curl ho gaya tha, isliye Maine hair chila Liya. Please kuch tips dijiye taki ab Jo Baal aaye wo ekdum soft, smooth and silky rahe. Thank you.
I am having less bread and moustache growth in my face. Bt my father is having good bread. I dnt think that is dna prblm. What can I do to improve my bread growth. Pls help me!
We usually do not bother about how we are sleeping as long as we are having a sound sleep. But are you aware of the fact that way we sleep and the side we sleep on, has positive as well as negative effect on our health be it left side, right side, back or on stomach. Out of these, most of health benefits are attached with sleeping on your left side.
Benefits of sleeping on your left side:
- Prevents snoring.
- Pregnant women get the advantage of better blood circulation, flowing of blood to uterus, fetus, and kidneys and relief from back ache.
- Helps in proper digestion after meals.
- Gives relief to people having back and neck pain.
- Helps in filtering and purifying toxins, lymph fluids and wastes.
- Prevents serious illness as accumulated toxins are flushed out easily.
- Liver and kidneys work better
- Smooth bowel movements
- Reduces workload on heart and its proper functioning
- Prevents acidity and heartburn
- Prevents fatigue during morning
- Fats gets digested easily
- Positive impact on brain
- It delays onset of Parkinson's and Alzheimer
- It is also considered to be the best sleeping position according to Ayurveda.
Everyone has a different habit of sleeping and it might be difficult for them to change it. But now that we know about so many benefits of sleeping on the left side, we must give it a try. After all, it's a question of getting healthier day-by-day and it will be no-big change if you make efforts. So, till now if you were sleeping on either right side, back or on stomach, try sleeping on your left side and see the benefits you get. Keep a check!