Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Urologist, Chennai

Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Dr. Ramesh Kumar Urologist, Chennai
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care....more
I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care.
More about Dr. Ramesh Kumar
Dr. Ramesh Kumar is a trusted Urologist in T.Nagar, Chennai. He is currently practising at Mohan Medical Center in T.Nagar, Chennai. Book an appointment online with Dr. Ramesh Kumar on has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 39 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Mohan Medical Center

No.24, Silver Park Aparment, Thanikachalam Road, T Nagar, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Symptoms Of Prostate Disease!

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, M. Ch. (Urology), DNB (General Surgery), MBA
Urologist, Noida
Symptoms Of Prostate Disease!

What menstrual problems are to women, prostate problems are to men. The prostate is a gland in the lower abdomen that aids in the production of semen. The prostate is walnut sized in a young man, but can get enlarged with age. As it grows bigger, it can cause a number of problems. These are commonly seen after a man celebrates his 50th birthday.

There are three common prostate problems faced by men. Some of the symptoms that can tell if a man has a prostate problem are:

1. Difficulty faced while urinating.
2. The urge to urinate frequently at night.
3. Constant feeling of a full bladder.
4. Pain while urinating.
5. Blood in urine.


This can be defined as inflammation of the prostate gland. In most cases the cause of this inflammation is unknown. However, there are two types of prostatitis; bacterial and nonbacterial. While the former reacts well to antibiotics, the latter is more difficult to control. Symptoms of this disease vary from one person to the next. Some of the factors that could trigger this disease are:

1. Chemical irritants
2. Past bacterial infection
3. Dysfunctional pelvic floor muscles
4. Sexual abuse
5. Chronic anxiety

Enlarged prostate

As mentioned earlier, as men get older, the prostate gland tends to grow in size. This growth is benign, but can block the bladder neck and prostatic urethra. This can cause problems urinating and lead to acute urinary retention. This can be very painful. Inserting a catheter can provide temporary relief and help release stored urine. Chronic retention is much less common and is associated with high bladder pressure and can damage the kidneys.

Prostate cancer

Advancing age and family genetic history are said to be the main triggers of prostate cancer. This type of cancer can remain restricted to the prostate gland in its early stages but may spread to the other glands as the cancer advances. This can also cause the growth of secondary tumors in the bones.

The only way to correctly diagnose a prostate problem is with a thorough physical examination. This includes a digital rectal exam where the doctor will insert a gloved finger into your rectum to check the size of your prostate, a blood test, mid stream urine tests and ultrasounds. In some cases a biopsy of the prostate may also be required. Depending on the diagnosis, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics, surgery, radiotherapy or hormone therapy to manage your prostate.  If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.

2874 people found this helpful

I have Problem of Anal Fisher. But good thing is that I do not have a Bleeding problem. So please Suggest me. Cream or medicine for anal fisher. is very painful during the stool in the morning. please reply me.

MBBS, M S General Surgery ,
General Surgeon, Chandigarh
Apply lox cream 2percent three times a day for about one month take syrup lactulose 3tsf thrice a day for about one month.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Today blood come with my urine but there is no pain and feel as fever what the reasons.

B.H.M.S., Senior Homeopath Consultant
Homeopath, Delhi
Today blood come with my urine but there is no pain and feel as fever what the reasons.
Please to one latest Ultrasonography of whole abdomen, Routine examination of urine and send me final impression of the reports.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I wnt to knw what food to eat in chronic kidney disease and how to lower creatinine level. Pls tell m accurate.

General Surgeon, Gandhinagar
I wnt to knw what food to eat in chronic kidney disease and how to lower creatinine level. Pls tell m accurate.
Respected Tarundeep high avoid salt and protein in diet . Drink plenty of liquids to lower creatinine with medicines. Thanks dear regards
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have 1 kidney .what to take precaution. I am doing yoga getting pain near urine bladder.

PG Diploma in Clinical Research, Diploma in Acupuncture, MBBS, College Of Physicians & Surgeons
General Physician, Mumbai
I have 1 kidney .what to take precaution. I am doing yoga getting pain near urine bladder.
People have long lifespan even with One kidney. Is pain near urinary bladder started after yoga commencement? Drink 8to 10 glasses of water in day. Monitor your kidney profile, follow up regularly with Preventive measures and guidelines. All the best, God bless you. Consult SOS.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

There is no swelling at all, but still i am feeling mild pain in my testicles and radiating to groin and then to testicles, some times it radiates to right testicle and some times it radiates to left testicle.

MS - General Surgery, FMAS.Laparoscopy
General Surgeon, Gandhinagar
There is no swelling at all, but still i am feeling mild pain in my testicles and radiating to groin and then to test...
Hello dear lybrate-user, Warm welcome to I have evaluated your query thoroughly.* Consume pain killer tablet for 2 days, later if pain take an ultrasound examination of the testes. Hope this clears your query. Wishing you fine recovery. Welcome for any further assistance. Regards take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

5 Facts About Kidney Disease You Should Know

DM in Nephrology, MD in Internal Medicine, MBBS
Nephrologist, Ghaziabad
5 Facts About Kidney Disease You Should Know

Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.

Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:

1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.

2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:

Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease

3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:

  • Over the age of 55 years
  • People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
  • Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics

4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:

  • Fatigue and weakness
  • Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
  • Dizziness
  • Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
  • Frequent urination

5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:

  • Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
  • Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.

If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.

1836 people found this helpful

I have kidney stone. Which starts 4 days ago. And I have small pain on my right Testis what is the reason? And tell me remedies please fast.

MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Siliguri
I have kidney stone. Which starts 4 days ago. And I have small pain on my right Testis what is the reason? And tell m...
Pain at the testis is possible if the stone is on the same side kidney. If it is small i.e. Less than 5 mm, your can try with medicines. If they are larger than 7 mm they need to be removed by operation.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Urinary Incontinence in Children

MBBS, Diploma In Child Health
Pediatrician, Hyderabad
Urinary Incontinence in Children

What is urinary incontinence (enuresis)?

Urinary incontinence is the loss of bladder control. In children under age 3, it’s normal to not have full bladder control. As children get older, they become more able to control their bladder. When wetting happens in a child who is old enough to control his or her bladder, it’s known as enuresis. Enuresis can happen during the day or at night. Enuresis can be frustrating. But it’s important to be patient and remember that it’s not your child’s fault. A child does not have control over enuresis. And there are many ways to treat enuresis and help your child.

When is enuresis a problem?

Many children may have enuresis from time to time. It can take some children longer than others to learn to control their bladder. Girls often have bladder control before boys. Because of this, enuresis is diagnosed in girls earlier than in boys. Girls may be diagnosed as young as age 5. Boys are not diagnosed until at least age 6.

Types of enuresis

Doctors divide enuresis into 4 types. A child may have one or more of these types:

  • Diurnal (daytime) enuresis. This is wetting during the day.

  • Nocturnal (nighttime) enuresis. This means wetting during the night. It’s often called bedwetting. It’s the most common type of enuresis.

  • Primary enuresis. This occurs when a child has not fully mastered toilet training.

  • Secondary enuresis. This is when a child has a period of dryness, but then returns to having periods of wetting.

What causes enuresis?

Enuresis has many possible causes. The cause of nighttime enuresis often is not known. But some possible causes may include one or more of these factors:

  • Anxiety

  • Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)

  • Certain genes

  • Constipation that puts pressure on the bladder

  • Diabetes

  • Not enough antidiuretic hormone (ADH) in the body during sleep

  • Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)

  • Overactive bladder

  • Slower physical development

  • Small bladder

  • Structural problems in the urinary tract

  • Trouble feeling that the bladder is full while asleep

  • Urinary tract infection (UTI)

  • Very deep sleep

Daytime enuresis may be caused by:

  • Anxiety

  • Caffeine

  • Constipation that puts pressure on the bladder

  • Not going to the bathroom often enough

  • Not urinating enough when going

  • Overactive bladder

  • Small bladder

  • Structural problems in the urinary tract

  • Urinary tract infection (UTI)

How is enuresis diagnosed?

Your child’s health care provider will ask about your child’s medical history. Make sure to tell the health care provider:

  • If other members of the family have had enuresis

  • How often your child urinates during the day

  • How much your child drinks in the evening

  • If your child has symptoms such as pain or burning when urinating

  • If the urine is dark or cloudy or has blood in it

  • If your child is constipated

  • If your child has had recent stress in his or her life

The health care provider may give your child a physical exam. Your child may also need tests, such as urine tests or blood tests. These are done to look for a medical problem, such as an infection or diabetes.

How is enuresis treated?

In many cases, enuresis goes away over time and does not need to be treated. If treatment is needed, many methods can help. These include:

  • Changes in fluid intake. You may be told to give your child less fluids to drink at certain times of day, or in the evening.

  • Keeping caffeine out of your child’s diet. Caffeine can be found in cola and many sodas. It is also found in black teas, coffee drinks, and chocolate.

  • Night waking on a schedule. This means waking your child in the night to go urinate.

  • Bladder training. This includes exercises and urinating on a schedule.

  • Using a moisture alarm. This uses a sensor that detects wetness and sounds an alarm. Your child then gets up to use the bathroom.

  • Medications. Medicines can boost ADH levels or calm bladder muscles.

  • Counseling. Working with a counselor can help your child cope with life changes or other stress.

Work with your child’s health care provider to find out the best choices that may help your child.

Tips for managing enuresis

  • Remember, your child can’t control the problem without help. Make sure not to scold or blame. Make sure your child is not teased by family or friends.

  • Keep in mind that many children outgrow enuresis.

  • Protect your child’s mattress bed with a fitted plastic sheet.

  • Have a change of clothes on hand while out and about.

View All Feed

Near By Doctors

(10 ratings)

Dr. Nitesh Jain

MCh - Urology, MBBS
Apollo Hospitals, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment

Dr. Muruganandham K

MCh Urology, MS - General Surgery, DNB (General Surgery), MBBS
Global Hospital, 
350 at clinic
Book Appointment

Dr. Jayaraj

MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, MS - General Surgery, DNB - General SUrgery, Mch - Urology, DNB - Urology
Dr.Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment