Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh KhannaYour feedback matters!
My feet stinks so much have tried remedies like lemon, salt and baking powder. Keep myself hygienic as well.
Hello doctor, My father suffering from savior backache, so my dad consult 8 doctors approx. Give your's special advice!
I am 60 years old male. I am suffering from hand ankle and solder pain from last 15 days some time remove pain very next day it will be continue. please Give me advice for for which treatment are required?
Sir, I am 18 years old in class 10th I suffered from fracture in left hand I got cured by taking medicine but after that I think my height has stopped so what should I do?
I am 39 years old, Female, working as Asst. Prof. I am suffering from left leg knee pain, could not climb up stair cases. Secondly is from childhood itself suffering from muscle swelling problem, while carrying any huge weight, specifically on the arms, shoulder, elbow.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe back pain, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hi, I am Nandana as my father is 45years old and he have much knee and legs pain. Sometimes it hurts him so much n he could not walk. So please suggest him anything tht he should b free of this pain soon. -- Waiting for your reply--.
I'm 19 years old since 1 month i'm suffering from backbone pain, neck pain, butex pain severely what I should do. Since 2 years I didn't played anything only did reading and sleeping. I used to to sit more than 10 hours in a day. At right now if sit for more than 1 hour im getting too much pain in my butex please help me.
Hi, I am 27 year old male. I often get headache and back pain when I walk under Sun. Is there any treatment or excersize for this? Thanks.
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood Thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions Stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose Fitting Clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.