Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh KannanYour feedback matters!
What to do in a fracture if the doctor says that this fracture needs to be operated and if the patient is diabetic and blood pressure patient?
I am 63 years old male diabetic. I am on insulin both morning and night. Human mixtard 30/70 18-0-15units, insultard 5-0-5 units. Taking following tablets glynace mf 1-0-1tab atrovastin 10mg 0-0-1 tab tested blood sugar hba1c -8 in march 2015. Now a days I am having severe pain in my groin when I put pressure on my left leg. Also my left hip, left knee are paining. What do you advice?
I have osteoporosis in my both knees. They are painful & stiff if I stand for long hours. Doctors are suggesting I can delay operation for a while. Is there any remedy to avoid operation. Please suggest.
I have back pain before few days I take lots of medical but pain didn't gone what can I do for release the pain.
My friend had an accident some years ago. Somehow she felt that she is nt able to stand up. She went fr the treatment. After MRI and XRay. All the reports found to be normal. Bt she still have the pain from the tail bone to the neck regularly. sometimes the pain aggravate so much so that she is nt able to walk properly. Through the reports problem is still nt identified. Wat could be the problem or issue. As there is regular pain to her because of this. please reply.
I am 60 year old male having cough, cold and sore throat all through the year for the past several years. Please tell me what should I do. I also have acute pain in my knees and most of the joints. Please advise treatment.
I have a pain in knees. When I work continuously in office with chair I feel so much pain and I also feel pain in neck. Sometimes I take pain killers but it gives me a temporary relief. I also use some kind of balm on it but the same thing happens again and again. Please suggest any method how to control excess pain in knees and neck.
Hello Dr. I m 35 years old I have pain in my the center of chest or back pain from some days. I want to know is it due to surgical or heart problem please guide me I can't understand.
Hi sir/madam I am 25 years old and I am suffering from gatiya bai from last 3 month I want to know the best treatment of gatiya bai ?
I have a serious issue with pimpleslong back I tried istotrotin till 30 mg four about 4 months almost an year back. I found my skin got worser and stopped then I used to get one or two in my face once ina while. Now the issue the acne going but it lesions are not healing leaving small spots .I am looking for alternatives in ayurveda or homeopathy. I am using acnesol and other ointments but no use. My body type is a heat body .I generates heat so fast.
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
My mother is 48 years old and about 55 kg in weight with 5" 4' height. She usually has pain in her joints. She is having pain from last many years. She had many test including RF Factor test and all are normal. Please suggest what should be done.
I am a recovered patient of clavicle bone fracture, my question is can I do gym exercise as possible as before days.
I am 54 years, and I have pain in my legs since 4-5 years, especially while walking and climbing on stairs, and also pain in right shoulder. What to do?
I have pain in my thighs from past week. How do I get rid of it? even when I get up from sleep. It takes atleast 5 to 10 minutes to stand on my legs.
Hello I am male from gujrat mere hath per me 2 month se pain ho raha he aur khali bhi chadh jaa rhi he vibration jesa bhi hota he hath me kbhi kbhi hath per ki haddi me tak tak jesi awaz bhi ati he kbhi kbhi pls help kijye meri.
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.