Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh Kannan
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh KannanYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old man I have a backache for the 2 month I have use a pain relief cre for couple of the day but I have not got a relief.
Back pain is very common these days and can happen to anyone. The reasons for the same are also plenty, it could be because of infection of the spine, sleep disorders, bad mattress, awkward movement, lifting something, bad posture, standing for long and bending down to name a few. So, here are some things that might be increasing your risk of back pain:
- When you get older, the back pain starts to increase gradually.
- Poor physique. Back pain is highly common in people who are not fit.
- Being overweight or obese can increase your risk of getting back pain.
- Back pain can also be hereditary because of problems like ankylosing spondylitis that usually runs in generations.
- Some types of arthritis or cancer might also cause back pain.
- If you have a job that requires a lot of lifting, pushing or deals with a lot of bending or weights, chances are that you are more likely to have back pain.
Here are some causes that might be a reason behind that back pain:
- Broken disk
- Tense muscles
- Ruptured disk
- Injuries from sprains, fractures, accidents, and falls can result in back pain.
- Kidney stones
There will come a time when you will witness certain symptoms and you might need to see a doctor. These symptoms are as follows:
- Numbness or swelling
- Unbearable pain
- Problem urinating
- Weakness in the body
- High fever
- Weight loss without being on a diet
- Pain after you have had a minor fall or injury
Back pain can be diagnosed in many ways. To do the same, your doctor will take your medical history and also some physical tests. These tests include:
- X rays
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Blood tests.
The cause of your back pain might not be visible in these medical tests at times. A lot of times you will not even know why you are going through that back pain. It can also get better at times without undergoing any sort of treatment.
Here are a few domestic ways with which you can treat the back pain:
- Hot and cold packs: This is the most basic and most common treatment for many problems and injuries in your body. Be it any kind of pain, ice packs can help give a momentary relief.
- Exercise: The moment you stretch or exercise, you can feel the pain go away so you must understand how important exercising can be for problems like back and neck pain.
- Home remedies: Home remedies like ginger, turmeric and aloe Vera are natural stimulants and anti-oxidants. These help in pain relief as well. You can put them in your food or even your tea, depending upon your taste buds.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Good Morning, My mother age is about 50 yr. She faces problem in her right leg during changing her position for last 3 or 4 days. She tell that an unbearable pain arise during sitting or standing. She tell that pain is not muscular pain. The pain is related to nerve. So I kindly request you to provide me some home remedies or prescription or oil for massage for the pain. I am waiting for your response. Thanks !
I am 25years old male. I got married 3 months before. I have backpain for last 1 years becoz my job nature is like that. What should I do and What food can I take for having good sex?
I Was Operated For OrIf Left Trochanter Dhs On Sunday And I Was Discharged On Wednesday For Bed Rest ,I Want To Know Can I Travel After 20 Days And What Is The Recovery Time. My Private Parts Are Still Not Able To Feel And My Back. What Are The Precautions To Be Taken And Wednesday Was My Dressing And When Will Be Next Dressing. Are There Any Ayurvedic Tablets To Healing Fracture. Only Ankle Rotation Is Told For Me. Can I Use Hot Fermentation For Muscle Catch In Affected Parts.
My Friend is suffering from transverse myelitis, about 1.5 months before he was hospitalized and get the treatments during his rehabilitation period he often feels numbness in his leg, hand & neck, urinal problem etc. Pls. Advice precautions & proper treatments.
Hi. I am 56 years old, I have a back pain since 2001, I cannot sleep at night properly what should I do. While sitting on the chair my back and my waist are hurt. Can you give a a clue.
I am 20-year-old boy first my right leg jerk at night when I sleep but after I started gym its is normal but now my neck twitch and jerk sometimes and I am not able to see straight I felt mostly this problem when I sit what could be the possible reason is it due to wrong posture or any other problem?
My mother aged 65 years has severe arthritis of both knees, should she get both knees replaced in one sitting?
You should do both knees in one sitting if the severity is same in both the knees and the patient is unable to differentiate the painful knee. In case the patient says one knee is more painful than address one knee at a lime. Your own knee is always the best till it lasts.
What are the advantages of doing both the knees in one sitting?
- Exposure to the risk of anaesthesia reduced to only once
- Aids simultaneous rehabilitation especially in severely deformed knees
- Bilateralprocedure reduces cost
- Earlier return to baseline function and convenience for the patient and relatives
- Shorter cumulative hospital stays
What are the risks associated with bilateral Total Knee Replacement (TKR) and are there any studies to support the same?
The risks of cardiac and infection related complications for bilateral TKR are lower than the combined risk of two unilateral TKRs. A population-based comparison of the incidence of adverse outcomes after simultaneous-bilateral and staged-Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty published in The Journal of Bone And Joint Surgery.
Result: Records were available for 11.445 simultaneous-bilateral arthroplasty Procedures and 23.715 staged-bilateral procedures.
Conclusions: Simultaneous-bilateral total knee arthroplasty was associated with clinically important reduction in the incidence of infection and malfunction within one year after arthroplasty.
What is the latest Technology available which could help improve surgical outcomes?
Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: A knee with your name on it i.e. customized specifically based on your dimensions.
Understanding Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: You are unique and so is your individual anatomy and thus lack of accuracy leads to discomfort and even further corrective surgeries That is why Custom Fit Knee replacement surgery, which utilizes MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) technology to create personalized positioning guides for total Knee replacement is recommended.
Practical Benefits Of Custom Fit Knee Replacement
- MRI of the affected knee is done based on which we can make a customized jig for better fitting of the implant for the patients
- No intra medullary instruments so minimal chances of fat embolism
- Minimally Invasive (just a 4-5 inch incision)
- Improves the speed of the operation theater time (40% reduced surgical time)
- Increases implant inventory efficiency (know sizing)
- Faster recovery of the patient
- Perfect patient alignment thus better mobilization
What is the role of body exhaust 'space' suits in Bilateral TKR?
- 'Space' suits maintain a more sterile environment and offer more mobility to the surgeons.
- Space suits are used to help reduce contamination from the operating teams from entering the wounds.
- The impure air exhaled by the operating team is pushed down by the rotating fan in the helmet of space suits and absorbed by the laminar air flow in the 0.T.