Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
Mushroom is a type of fungi that hails from the Agaricus family. It is estimated that there are close to 1,40,000 types of mushroom, out of which science has been able to classify only 100 odd mushrooms for health benefits. From cutting down cholesterols to preventing cancers, increasing the strength of the immune system to helping in weight loss, there are numerous health benefits of mushroom. This article will explore why mushrooms are regarded so highly by health practitioners across the globe:
- Cholesterol levels: Mushroom does not possess any fat or cholesterol. They are rich in lean protein, fiber, and some very important enzyme. The lean protein found in mushroom helps to burn down the LDL cholesterol. Furthermore, it creates a good balance of LDL and HDL cholesterol so that the body can refrain from stroke, atherosclerosis etc.
- Preventing cancer: Mushrooms are mighty effective in blocking certain cancer types such as the breast and prostate cancer. Owing to their high linoleic acid and beta-glucans, they act as a very good anti-carcinogen. While linoleic acid can successfully suppress the excess estrogen which leads to breast cancer in women, the beta glucans can suppress the growth of cancer cells in the case of a prostate cancer.
- Diabetes: Mushroom is an ideal food for a diabetic patient. They do not possess cholesterol, consists of low fat, have high protein and a lot of minerals and vitamins. Apart from this, mushrooms possess a lot of fiber and water. The most critical component, however, is the natural insulin that mushroom has within itself. They help to break down the starch found in food items. Mushrooms have certain components that help in the proper functioning of the liver, endocrine gland etc. It ensures that the proper balance of insulin is maintained in the body.
- Bone health: Mushroom is a very good source of calcium. They ensure that adequate strength of various bones is maintained in the body. Regular intake of mushroom can ensure safeguard an individual from conditions such as osteoporosis, joint pain, and immobility.
- Blood Pressure: Mushroom variety such as the maitake and the shitake has a high amount of potassium content. The latter can successfully relax the blood vessels thereby, reducing the blood pressure. Increased potassium content also helps in knowledge retention and an improved memory. High blood pressure, on the other hand, can cause severe damage such as strokes, heart attacks etc.
- Selenium content: Selenium component is mushroom is one of the key ways to receive selenium for a vegetarian. Selenium helps in strengthening the bone, nail, tooth and hair. Selenium is also considered to be a very powerful antioxidant that can successfully get rid of free radicals in the body and strengthen the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Monitor your cholesterol (blood lipids). The lower your ldl and the higher your hdl, the better your prognosis.
I was in stress few month back Started on tablet Metpure exel 25 mg once a day. Blood pressure was around 160/100. NOW WITH Tablet it is 110 /80. BUT FREE OF stress NOW. Stress is relieved. Should I continue medicines.
I am getting slight pain in my heart and sometimes in my right chest. I am suffering from gas trouble suggest medicine.
My mother's heartbeat suddenly increases and she is also feeling some heaviness around her chest area. Actually, her hemoglobin was 6 around one month ago and doctor advised her 7 cycles of 300 mg iron injections (3 ENCIFER or OROFER S) in 200 ml normal saline. Since then, she has had five injection cycles in hospital. The last four iron injection cycles took around 2 to 2.5 hrs per cycle but fifth injection cycle was completed in approximately one hour by nurse. Also at the time of fifth injection, the canola was fixed on her wrist (since both the hands were paining as they were used for the last four cycles) and she was also told by nurse to hold the canola so that the same could not come out (but it was not the case in the last four cycles in which the canolas were fixed on hands i.e. On back side of palm). Since the application of fifth injection cycle, she was feeling heaviness in chest and now after 5 days of application of fifth injection cycle, she is saying that the heaviness has moved slightly above chest. The phenomenon of sudden increase in her pulse rate is also taking place. Today, I measure her BLOOD PRESSURE which was 135 and 62 and pulse was 98. She takes TELMIKIND40 for blood pressure daily and thyroid tablet of 75 mg daily for thyroid. Please explain, if the heaviness or sudden increase in pulse rate may be due to the fact that the fifth injection cycle was completed within one hour as compared to the last four injections (which took at least two hour each time) or is there something related to BLOOD PRESSURE which is causing heaviness and sudden increase of pulse or there may be different reasons for sudden increase in pulse and heaviness around chest area and about her present condition (can fifth iron injection given be harmful) and also what treatment should be given. I shall be extremely thankful to you.
Photometry:- Total Cholesterol: 267 mg/dlHDL Cholesterol- Direct: 60 mg/dl. Triglycerides: 224 mg/dlLDL Cholesterol- Direct: 194 mg/dl. Calculated:- VLDL Cholesterol: 44.72 mg/dlTC/ HDL Cholesterol ratio: 4.5LDL/ HDL ratio: 3.2Non-HDL Cholesterol: 206.98 mg/dlMrs. Shikha, 31years/F. Also Diabetics on Cetapin XR 500mg/day.
I do marble fitting job and I don't have asthma But when I reach home after doing my job I feel irritated when breathing I feel chest pain sometimes as well.
Is taking flax seeds and drinking green tea regularly can help you to reduce ones cholesterol level. How much YOGA helps you to reduce cholesterol ?
Problem in breathing suffering from asthma and now i am also suffering from heart abnormal rhythm problem . how to cure? please advice
My husband age 48 years is suffering from triple vessel disease which type of surgery he has to do please advise.
I want to know various side effects of Prolomet AM 50 tablet I am taking for BP since last six years, and how to avoid those effects. Thanks and Regards.
My father is having three blockages in arteries, he got a first minor attack last month, and the percentage of blockage is 80% on an average. So what should we do to treat my father?
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.