Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramesh
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old male 48 kg weight. Having problem lik something is crawling under skin. Some time little with pain in chest. What is disease how to cure it.
Last year I used practin and decdan tablets 1 month. After 2 month I feel sharp chest pain. I went to a cardiologist and take medicines 2 month and I feel better and leave medicines. After 2-3 months I feel chest pain again and gastritis problem. This time I went to a gastrologist. Endoscopy report said I have sev. Erosive gastritis. After taking medicines 1 month I move to moderate erosive gastritis. Still feeling chest pain. Sir please tell me will erosive gastritis pass away in future with medicines or not. And how much time to take heal completely. Please help. Thanx sir.
I have muscular vsd and have surgery of PDA. Also some pht written on medical report. So can I get pregnant?
Never waste time for a possible heart attack patient.
Admit only to a hospital which has cardiac angiography or plasty felicities.
Every minute is crucial.
It saves a lot of time, and can save his/her life.
If not available, admit only under a cardiac physician or to a hospital having
I am 45 years old, male. I had a viral fever few days back and consulted our family doctor. He checked my BP and said it is on higher side. It was 98/148. My weight is 85 kg, so Doctor prescribed some activities. After doing some light walk exercise, my BP was 95/132, still on higher side. What are the other precautions I should take to control my BP. Is it really alarming? Please suggest me Doctor. I do not have other symptoms like vomiting, headache, weakness, fever etc.
I have stuttering problem while speaking. I am trying for bpo companies, they are saying you have good English even though because of stuttering they are backing while selecting and moreover I'm saying post me into non voice section but my talks are desperate. For proper communication please guide me what steps I need to follow. When I start speaking unknowingly my chest part starts jolting, increases my heart beat and my mind goes off with tense and I will go out of track from what I supposed to speak. From kindergarten I'm suffering from stammering. Please guide me what kind of remedies I need to follow to talk like a normal person.
Is there anything to worry. As I am an unmarried girl of 26 and I am suffering from breathing problem and as if something is stuck in throat and is it due gastric or something else.
Me a male of 35 years. Height: 181 cms Weight: 73 Kgs Pls advise what all should be in my diet to avoid diabetes, high bp, high cholesterol. I am a non vegetarian.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.