Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramani RaoYour feedback matters!
My son weight is not increasing for last 4 months sir. Could any body please suggest any tips to increase the weight. My son age is 22 months.
My daughter is 5 years old. She is frequent suffering from cold and cough and tonsillitis whether there is weather change or taking cold drinks and ice creams. After taking antibiotics such as clavam bid syrup or azithral xl with ambrodil s syrup and levocetirizine tablets she recovers. But it is frequent. Pl advice for permanent cure of it. Is taking antibiotics or medicines frequently is safe?
Hi my daughter not eating she is 6 years Old but she is not interesting to eat anything as compare to other child Wht I dø?
Researchers have revealed that seven-month-old babies have basic social skills and can understand what their parents and relatives are up to..this study says small babies not only observe their surroundings but can also understand social interactions
The results provide evidence that directly links neural responses from the motor system to overt social behaviour in infants
I have a 6 years old daughter. She is suffering from dry skin problem on birth itself. Doctor told, we could not cure this one. Just apply moisturizing cream continuously. If there is any possible to cure.
I have 2 year old girl kid. For past few months her neck underarms thighs are getting dark. Kindly assist me regarding this.
My daughter is 1 years 5 months old. She passed the loose stool in mustard color n I think with mucus also. please suggest me medicine. Passed two stools in 1 hr.
My daughter is 3 months old. She vomits out milk at an interval of 2- 3 days. Its not spitting up digested milk its clear milk after feeding her. It happens when we try to give her burp. Is it normal. Please guide.
2 days ago
To prevent nappy rash,change nappy every six hour atleast.Between the changes,keep baby dry and naked for some time,then apply coconut oil.
My son age 5 month 15 days, weight:- 5. 3kg, he had suffered the whole of heart (size-6mm). So what I can do?
Dear Sir/ madam, I have blessed with a daughter on 14. 10. 2016, just 5 days before. Her bilirubin (Total) shows 12. 2. Is it dangerous for her? What is the control (specified) limit for bilirubin (jaundice) in new born babies? What to do now for her treatment? Some doctors suggested for sun bath & antibiotic injections (half dose twice a day) for 5 days, is it safe for a 5 days baby girl? Please suggest, I'm very nervous.
I have 8 months male child he suffered from digestive problem if he drink milk vomit just a minute and loose motion. What solution the problem?
Constipation in children can be effectively dealt with by monitoring a well-balanced diet. Eating the following things and drinking nearly three liters of water each day can relieve your child from stool withholding.
- Eat these fruits raw: Apples, plums and pears should be eaten raw along with their skins. These fruits are known to contain an average of 4.4 to 3.3 grams of dietary fiber that will further stimulate bowel movements. Apples, pears and plums are rich in pectin and hence help in softening your stool.
- Add nuts to your daily diet: Nuts can help you if you are suffering from constipation. However, nuts should not be consumed in excess as they can make you gain calories. Having a fistful of nuts once in a day could work wonders for your digestive health.
- Have a high- fiber cereal for breakfast: High- fiber cereal for breakfast can give your day a good start. It prevents stool withholding. Cereals in present times no more taste bland. You may add some honey to your child's bowl of cereals; honey acts as a laxative and caters to a person's taste buds as well. If your cereal is not sufficiently fiber dense you may add some flaxseed to every single serving.
- Sweet berries can be of great help: Berries have nutrients that are known to cure symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries should be included in a child's diet. These fruits are rich in vitamin C and vitamin K. They are good for a child's fiber and copper requirements.
- Get a full night's sleep: A full night's sleep is extremely important for good digestion. Improper digestion could be the reason behind continual constipation. Children these days tend to keep awake till late. Children should at least get seven to eight hours of sleep regularly.
In spite of following a healthy lifestyle the problem of constipation may still persist. It is best to consult a professional doctor in such a case. Before seeing a doctor to remedy constipation it is important to jot down certain points regarding your child's health. A guardian must make a list of medications his or her child has been taking by far, a list of symptoms he or she has been facing simultaneously and must also carry a brief record of one's family history. Constipation, if left unchecked, can lead to anal fissures over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My baby is going to be 3 month old soon. And I have to go back to work. Can I start solid or weaning food for her as I don't want to give her formula milk. I can manage to breastfeed her only once or twice.
Hello doctor. My son reached his first birthday yesterday. Before Two days of his birthday he just kept two steps on his own and then sat. After that he din walk. He is only crawling. Actually my son was born in eight months with 2.5 kg without any problem. Normal delivery. He was normal. But his legs was shivering till six months. My pediatrician told that he ll be alright when he is six months and as he said shivering stopped. His other activities were normal like other babies. Before one month when I went to hospital to say that he din walk yet. Doctor said his knees are little weak. Nothing to worry and he ll walk in by fourteen months. But before his birthday itself he kept two steps for two days. After that he is not walking. Only crawling. What's the reason? When he ll was walk?
My daughter 2.10 months old getting sick frequently and doctor gives antibiotics every time to cure it. Please advise permanent solution.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.