Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RamanathanYour feedback matters!
My son will complete 2 years of age in coming September. Please help me some guiding some good or healthy food for him as now a days he is not looking anything as what ever we give him he takes that from his mouth immediately and keeps crying for not eating. . He is also losing waiting because of this. Req for some relevant answer which helps.
I have 8 year child boy. He going to toilet 5 time per day. When he have some food suddenly he have motion doctor dyjest he nahi hota bacha ku what to do doctor tell me plz.
My daughter is six months old and was administered BCG vaccine at birth. Till date there is no scar on her arm. Should we vaccinate her again. Does successful BCG vaccine necessarily leave scar?
Is Oats are good for babies age upto 5 years. Oats are meant for reducing for weight or I have some wrong understanding.
My daughter 2 months 4 days old. She born 2 day before 36 week. Her birth weight was 2.5 kg and now 3.1 kg at 2nd March. She have cough and chest digestion. What should we need to do to cures her.
Hello madam /sir, my son is 6years old. He got cold n cough twice in month. At that time his body temp goes up n down. After 2/ 3days he got fever. It stay 2/3 days. 99to 101. Why its happened. From last 8/9 months. Whatever the reason (stomach pain, throat pain or n e simple cough, allergic cough) he got 7/8time fever. Help me out is there n e health issue. Thanks you.
Hii my daughter is 5 n half month old she is passing motion more frequently. Her birth weight was 3.8 kg now she is 7.6 kg. Is she is getting teeth or any other problem. Is their anything to worry?
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.
My baby is 4 month old. And suffering from cough. I used ascoril LS 15 ml syrup .Please suggest me the medicine. How much ml I given the syrup.
I am 8 months pregnant now. My baby weight is only 1 kg. How to increase the weight of baby. Please tell Me what to eat for increase the weight.
Hello doctor. My child have 4 years uski problem a hai ke night mai jab sotin n.a. Her bar urine kardalti iska koi solution hai KyA doctor jo sotai waqht urine karna chord dai. please help me.
My baby 3 years old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
In pediatrics, we often say “children are not little adults” but in the case of the common cold, they really are. They have the same symptoms, runny nose, red-rimmed eyes, cough and they just FEEL YUCKY! With those symptoms most babies are fussier than usual and don’t sleep well at night, which is just like an adult with a cold (or maybe just me). for an infant, they are usually up and down all night, don’t feed as well, and just want to be held a little more.
When an infant gets a cold it is not uncommon for them to run a fever along with the cold symptoms. This usually only lasts a day or two and then resolves, but the other common cold symptoms may last from seven to 10 days.
With a cold they may not want to nurse or drink their bottle as well as they have a hard time breathing and sucking. This leads to a cranky baby, who may take less with each feeding, but will need to eat more often.
It is important to make sure that they stay hydrated. fluids are the most important thing. If your baby is having difficulty taking the bottle or latching on due to the congestion , you could feed with a katori spoon or a paladey with gaps in between . small frequent feeds will do the job.
Place the tip of the bulb syringe inside the baby’s nostril to remove mucous and help them breath and eat. You may also use a little salt water nose drops to squirt up their nose to help the mucous come out.
It also helps to get a mist humidifier to place in the room at night to help put some moisture in the air while the heat is running and the air is dry. The mist will also help alleviate some of the thicker mucous and also help the cough that accompanies the cold.
The most important thing to watch for is any sign of respiratory distress. A child’s breathing may “sound noisy” but it is important once again to look at their chest to make sure that they are not using those muscles between the ribs and “pulling” when they are breathing.
Coughs are also protective in that they help move mucous and keep the airway clear to prevent pneumonia. Lastly, your child should look a little better after the first several days of their cold. They should not develop fever later in the cold, and if they do it would be worth a pediatrician visit to check their ears. Not every baby with a cold gets an ear infection and they usually develop after they have had several days of cold symptoms, and not on the first day of a cold.
That’s your daily dose, stay tuned to my next update on your baby's health tips .Send in your questions or comments to babiesandmom.com !
Stay happy and stay healthy !
Dr Gorika's Children's Medical center
Our motto at GCMC is to "Treat every child as if you are treating your own child" This is one such destination where we assure perfect health for your little one. "We care for your newly born till they're eighteen"