Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramanan
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. RamananYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am a boy of 17 and going to read 12th class but certainly I realise that I am having some problems with my brain fir example I got huge confused when studying even in very common and easy topic like when I try to add something for ex 28+50, my brain tells the ans in 1 sec that is 78 and after that my brain generates so many question like how I get the and is it true or not even I knows that it is true. Another ex like when I see any no. Anywhere like take 6 and when I pronounce 6 as six in mind than after that brain generates some useless question that how I was able to pronounce 6 as six. Sir I am very good student and I got 9.8 cgpa in cbse 10th exam but this get starts some 20 days ago when I was reading a chapter of chemistry. So please sir understand my problem this confusion causes headache to me and totally disturbs my mind and I am having huge problems with my studies because of this symptoms. Please tell me what is cause behind this problems and what could be the solutions. I am waiting for your answer. Thanks. By Vikas patel.
I have dark sports near my eyes. I can do everything to erase them but they can not erase please send me a suitable succession. How I can control them?
What the reason of red eye. I have red eye but my eye not naturally red. Red line are present in. What do for normal.
I m azhar I have to ask about the health of my eyes My eyes are too weak how can I would increase my eyes power.
Am finding my eyes get weak because of excess use of computer, what should I do as preventive measure to avoid it or at least to improve the power of my eyes?
My 4 year baby boy has eye blinking problem from 4 to 5 days. He blink tightly in an interval of time specially in thinking time. Please doctor tell me is this a serious problem?
My eyes start paining sometimes when I go out in sunny time. Could you please tell me what I have to do?
I have red eyes or cold or pain in right hand or left leg or head over a two days? What's should I do?
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.